The Book of Boba Fett | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

The Book of Boba Fett

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So, non spoiler thoughts; but Book of Boba Fett from the first two episodes might be my favorite thing on the live action side for Star Wars on D+. Even more than Mandalorian, it shines as a character and geographical study, and I can't wait for next week.

This episode shines in non-verbal imagery and representation. The characterization and worldbuilding done with the Tuskan Raiders, the billingual nature of the Hutts and Boba; and seeing how Boba would steer this Tuskan tribe to become far better than it could've been, is nothing short of fantastic. Temura Morrison is killing it; as you can very much define that it is his show. More than Mandalorian; he is the main character, and this story is focusing entirely on him.

I am very interested to see how we progress going forward. I agree with @MrBlonde that the Tuskans are probably being Boba's fallen Ace. Something that is need be but a trigger. But I am also interested to see the political dicotomy between Boba, the Hutts, the Mayor, and if the rumors are accurate; the other tribes, syndicates and organizations.

I also think the theme song for this show encapsulates my feelings. It feels proud, prideful, but respectful and stating "Yeah, I'm here. And I will see this done". In such a way that feels very on-brand from what we have seen from The Mandalorian and these past two episodes.

So do we know if this is a miniseries, or is it possible this show gets multiple seasons?

I have to imagine it's just a mini-series. Considering the next show up for bat on Faverau and Filoni, is Mandalorian Season 3. Then followed by Ahsoka.

I do wonder though if Lando is going to help fill gaps as-well. Would honestly make sense if it's done the same way Boba Fett is being done.

The dancing around the fire was a bit much but, holy crap, sci-fi train heist! You cannot go wrong there.

I'm working on putting that on a loop with the Firefly one and the Solo one.

This show is what I expected Obi-Wan to be. An old man wandering through the desert, learning to find peace and become a better man.

I mean I just love this series and hope it gets a sequel. Feels like the under ground has a lot of things to cover...Hutts...Pikes...Black Sun and so on.

Really hoping they can find a way to bring this series back. I love just the world building makes everything feel so real. I know we've had it good as SW since Mando but...god dam its so nice to have another Star Wars story I enjoy...the sequels really made me think my days of a SW fan were over but as long as they keep up this quality they can make as many SW shows as they want

Reactions: Yabbadabba Doh
REALLY enjoyed episode 3.

Black Krrasantan whopping ass!The Pyke Syndicate! Qi’ra has got to be coming, right? Also, can’t go wrong with Danny Trejo was solid supporting.

Felt like they wrapped up the Tuskan storyline and pretty much caught up to where he runs into Mando in the flashbacks. Thought they handled the flashback very well this episode.

Overall, this was a kick ass episode in my book.

REALLY enjoyed episode 3.

Black Krrasantan whopping ass!The Pyke Syndicate! Qi’ra has got to be coming, right? Also, can’t go wrong with Danny Trejo was solid supporting.

Felt like they wrapped up the Tuskan storyline and pretty much caught up to where he runs into Mando in the flashbacks. Thought they handled the flashback very well this episode.

Overall, this was a kick ass episode in my book.
I'm bummed to see his tribe/clan gone at this point. I hope someone survived.

Pikes as the season's big bad was not something I expected. Black Krrasantan kicking butt was great.

However, I'm underwhelmed by Boba's fighting prowess so far. He really needs some hero moments to show off that he deserves to be on top of the Tatooine food chain.

That being said, I'm still digging it.

Reactions: Nick
I'm bummed to see his tribe/clan gone at this point. I hope someone survived.

Pikes as the season's big bad was not something I expected. Black Krrasantan kicking butt was great.

However, I'm underwhelmed by Boba's fighting prowess so far. He really needs some hero moments to show off that he deserves to be on top of the Tatooine food chain.

That being said, I'm still digging it.
I think that they are purposely holding Boba’s strength and badass-ery back so that it hits harder when he actually f’s someone up later on in this season.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I'm loving the show....its not for everyone but I think its pretty much what I'd want to see from this stage of life Boba Fett is in

Reactions: MrBlonde
I originally was dreading going back into the tank when the episode started, but damn if this didn’t turn out to be my favorite episode BY FAR.

I think we’re set up to have a really solid end of the season and seems like we may be getting some Mando next week.

Reactions: MrBlonde
I originally was dreading going back into the tank when the episode started, but damn if this didn’t turn out to be my favorite episode BY FAR.

I think we’re set up to have a really solid end of the season and seems like we may be getting some Mando next week.
I liked this episode too, but without barely any mention of what happened at the end of the week was frustrating. There wasn't a lot of new information, but it's a fun ride.

I thought we were going to get Back to the future Part 2 and see more of Mando S1 but from Boba's POV with the flares, but alas, not yet.
The chef droid doing General Grievous' weapon rotation? *chef's kiss*
Wookie/Trandoshan race-related disarming? Great. I feel like they keep running back to him for the end of this series because otherwise why stay on planet.

Finally explaining the scars that Boba had in Mando was great because I was worried it'd be a plot-hole. I wonder if we'll see that Boba respected Cobb Vanth since he was protecting the town so he didn't bother going for the armor.

Now THIS is more of what I signed up for. While I was hot and cold on the first 4 episodes (liked 2, didn’t really like 2), this episode blows them all out of the water. And it’s funny because of the following…

As one youtuber put it, “Boba’s been playing patty cakes for four episodes and now we finally got the real sh*t”.

And this was a straight up Mandalorian episode and it’s the only standout of the season. That says something about how Boba has been utilized.

I do have worries about this becoming Mando heavy in the last two episodes, because unless that was a setup for Mando S3, there’s no way he can go find Grogu and be back to fight with Boba in just two episodes of a show that isn’t even his.

EDIT:

Seeing that Max Lloyd-Jones was on set, I’d say Luke is DEFINITELY in next week's episode. Thinking Han will be finale if that rumor is true.

Outside of that, shout out once again to Bryce Dallas Howard for another great episode. Please keep using her. Give her her own show, her own movie, whatever, I’m for it.

This show does feel like it doesn’t know what it wants to be and I think they really diminished Boba by only showing him softening up with the Tuskens in the flashbacks. I think it would’ve been cool to see a flashback in an episode of his old bounty hunting days, when he was the bad ass of legend, but they completely skipped that.

Oh, and it looks like BD-1, who seemed to show up in this episode an is Cal Kestis’ droid, May become Din Djarin’s. He seemed saddened that the droid port had been removed from his new old ship.

Last edited:
Now THIS is more of what I signed up for. While I was hot and cold on the first 4 episodes (liked 2, didn’t really like 2), this episode blows them all out of the water. And it’s funny because of the following…

As one youtuber put it, “Boba’s been playing patty cakes for four episodes and now we finally got the real sh*t”.

And this was a straight up Mandalorian episode and it’s the only standout of the season. That says something about how Boba has been utilized.

I do have worries about this becoming Mando heavy in the last two episodes, because unless that was a setup for Mando S3, there’s no way he can go find Grogu and be back to fight with Boba in just two episodes of a show that isn’t even his.

EDIT:

Seeing that Max Lloyd-Jones was on set, I’d say Luke is DEFINITELY in next week's episode. Thinking Han will be finale if that rumor is true.

Outside of that, shout out once again to Bryce Dallas Howard for another great episode. Please keep using her. Give her her own show, her own movie, whatever, I’m for it.

This show does feel like it doesn’t know what it wants to be and I think they really diminished Boba by only showing him softening up with the Tuskens in the flashbacks. I think it would’ve been cool to see a flashback in an episode of his old bounty hunting days, when he was the bad ass of legend, but they completely skipped that.

Oh, and it looks like BD-1, who seemed to show up in this episode an is Cal Kestis’ droid, May become Din Djarin’s. He seemed saddened that the droid port had been removed from his new old ship.

I didn't enjoy this episode of BoBF.

It's a great S3 episode of Mando, but Boba Fett doesn't even show up. I kept waiting for Shand to show up to toss the narrative baton back to Boba but it was pretty much the end of the episode.

The plot with the Armorer was fantastic and the action is solid gives a narrative thrust for the next season. I just don't know why they're not letting Boba get his hands dirty in any of the action thus far in his own show. They need to let him do something more.

I look forward to them working together and hopefully that'll get things going.

Also I loved the ship section took the Lucas styling of hot rods into the show. It was good fun.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Gonna echo @MrBlonde, horrible episode of Book of Boba Fett, great episode of The Mandalorian.

Seeing Dinn felt like a breath of fresh air, to where I can fully understand and get why Boba Fett's show doesn't work as well as it does. Because they aren't letting Boba Fett be Boba Fett.

The progression of Dinn, the fallout of him and his clan; was such a great change of pace and it makes me intensely interested to see how Dinn reclaims his status as a Mandalorian when The Mandalorian drops later this year. I also really love the N1 Starfighter's not only getting love, but getting a new color scheme.

Hoping next week we see Boba Fett be Boba Fett, but Dinn is a standout as always (as is the mechanic of Mos Eisley).

I still want more Bill Burr though.

Gonna echo @MrBlonde, horrible episode of Book of Boba Fett, great episode of The Mandalorian.

Seeing Dinn felt like a breath of fresh air, to where I can fully understand and get why Boba Fett's show doesn't work as well as it does. Because they aren't letting Boba Fett be Boba Fett.

The progression of Dinn, the fallout of him and his clan; was such a great change of pace and it makes me intensely interested to see how Dinn reclaims his status as a Mandalorian when The Mandalorian drops later this year. I also really love the N1 Starfighter's not only getting love, but getting a new color scheme.

Hoping next week we see Boba Fett be Boba Fett, but Dinn is a standout as always (as is the mechanic of Mos Eisley).

One thing I shall commend-they're doing such a good job of building out Tatooine's world with cities and districts and different power players and "local gals".

...It almost makes me wish they did this era and planet in Galaxy's Edge.

I didn't enjoy this episode of BoBF.

It's a great S3 episode of Mando, but Boba Fett doesn't even show up. I kept waiting for Shand to show up to toss the narrative baton back to Boba but it was pretty much the end of the episode.

The plot with the Armorer was fantastic and the action is solid gives a narrative thrust for the next season. I just don't know why they're not letting Boba get his hands dirty in any of the action thus far in his own show. They need to let him do something more.

I look forward to them working together and hopefully that'll get things going.

Also I loved the ship section took the Lucas styling of hot rods into the show. It was good fun.

Oh I agree with you both about that, but i'm conflicted. I loved the episode, but this isn't The Mandalorian, that we're watching, it's supposed to be The Book of Boba Fett, and the title character didn't even show up. Yet, it was still the best episode of the series and if it leads to an amazing Episodes 6 & 7, I don't care. Honestly, this was was such a good episode filled with lore building and everything that I don't even care that it felt like they uploaded Chapter 17 of The Mandalorian in Boba's show. It was just that good.

This episode alone shows me that Jon Favreau aren't putting out a mediocre/bad season of Star Wars content because they don't know how to do it, it's because imo, this show wasn't needed, especially if we aren't gonna go back and see Fett as a fearless bounty hunter in ANY of the four episodes that we got flashbacks in.

They know how to make great Star Wars content, they just didn't know what they hell to do with Boba Fett for 7 episodes.

One thing I shall commend-they're doing such a good job of building out Tatooine's world with cities and districts and different power players and "local gals".

...It almost makes me wish they did this era and planet in Galaxy's Edge.

Oh definitely. The worldbuilding of Tatooine and the establishing of it's many factors makes it all the more why I do like Book of Boba Fett.

but even I'm not singing the praises I thought of prior.

Oh I agree with you both about that, but i'm conflicted. I loved the episode, but this isn't The Mandalorian, that we're watching, it's supposed to be The Book of Boba Fett, and the title character didn't even show up. Yet, it was still the best episode of the series and if it leads to an amazing Episodes 6 & 7, I don't care. Honestly, this was was such a good episode filled with lore building and everything that I don't even care that it felt like they uploaded Chapter 17 of The Mandalorian in Boba's show. It was just that good.

This episode alone shows me that Jon Favreau aren't putting out a mediocre/bad season of Star Wars content because they don't know how to do it, it's because imo, this show wasn't needed, especially if we aren't gonna go back and see Fett as a fearless bounty hunter in ANY of the four episodes that we got flashbacks in.

They know how to make great Star Wars content, they just didn't know what they hell to do with Boba Fett for 7 episodes.

I'll add on that I am hoping Boba is in The Mandalorians S3. I think he works much better as part of an ensemble than being on his own, and this show highlights that issue to me prominently.

Really hoping BDH gets her own show or film next. She is becoming more and more like her dad, and I mean that absolutely good.

Reactions: SeventyOne and Nick
I'll add on that I am hoping Boba is in The Mandalorians S3. I think he works much better as part of an ensemble than being on his own, and this show highlights that issue to me prominently.

Really hoping BDH gets her own show or film next. She is becoming more and more like her dad, and I mean that absolutely good.
I have little doubt that he will be in Mando S3, but tbh, I kinda don't care if he is or isn't in the season. I'm pretty meh on him from TBoBF. He was Badass in Mando S2 and I think had they just left it at that and more naturally utilized him here and there, than it would've been fine.

People loved Temura as Boba after Mando S2. In TBoBF, he looks like an old man that just got elected to lead a nation and wants to come across as a "man of the people". Gathering up a group of people to help him fight off the Hutt's and defend his thrown is about all he's done in this show. He's done almost literally no fighting. At least in a major way. It's all been the same stuff over and over. The coolest fight scene before today's episode were two different ones by Black Krrassantan.

What did you guys make of BD-1 being a prominent droid in the episode? I'm actually thinking if we don't see him in Mando S3, we see him by the end of Ahsoka.

Last edited: