What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa?? | Page 69 | Inside Universal Forums

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Given that they installed metal detectors they could’ve easily kept dueling. So I’m guessing those drastic measures were part of the settlements. Point remains—Uni retracted their sit down and tore down their invert(s), and I could see Busch doing the reverse.
Unfortunately the metals detector find only that -- metal. There were plenty of other things that aren't metal that could easily blind someone. (In fact, a few things DID fly out that weren't metal when I worked there - you'd be surprised). It wasn't worth the risk. (The alternative was to cover each arm with some sort of sheild, but that turned out to be impractical ). The loss of dueling, the high risk, and JK Rowling's intense dislike of them all contributed to their demise.

Montu is one of the best inverts in the world, its loss would certainly sting

Kumba would be tough to loose, but its replacement would be far superior I'm sure

Unless they had a brain fart and replaced it with a friggin B&M wing

The more I think about Kumba's replacement, the more I think the possibilities are brighter then keeping it (when the time comes)

In the meantime, I wonder if the vest restraints would be possible or require a wider station..I've heard both "it's possible" and "it's not possible" for a ride like Kumba

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
^^See, THAT’S what would get me on board with #canceling her lol.

^Repeat after me: Mack. Extreme. Spinner. As much as I think a dark ride would best complement the current lineup, I’m thinking the ONLY way that would conceivably happen is with Sesame Street, and that’s across the park (also, they’d be more likely to put such a ride at SWO). In any case, I see them wanting to lay low for a few years after the massive investments they’ve made and what they’ve had to go through.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: shiekra38
^^See, THAT’S what would get me on board with #canceling her lol.

^Repeat after me: Mack. Extreme. Spinner. As much as I think a dark ride would best complement the current lineup, I’m thinking the ONLY way that would conceivably happen is with Sesame Street, and that’s across the park (also, they’d be more likely to put such a ride at SWO). In any case, I see them wanting to lay low for a few years after the massive investments they’ve made and what they’ve had to go through.
Please take your Extreme Spinner talk to the human rights thread, thank you

They fall into a weird category for me, they're fun and exciting, but I feel like one will never crack my top 20

I think BGT got it right with Cobra's Curse as far as spinners go, I wouldn't be wild about seeing one at BGT

Maybe SeaWorld...but even still....not my first pick

I’m just trying to think about the biggest possible hole in their lineup they could realistically fill.

Now Screamscape is backtracking on the rumor. Even with Lance's "mea culpa", I do think there's got to be a hint of truth to this. It's the oldest B&M sitting coaster around and when you factor in the cycles it had compared to regional parks as well as the current operations, I can see why people are concerned.

There's just too much smoke for there not to be fire.

Flat rides are under appreciated. It’s why I’m intrigued by the HTTYD land, hoping they keep the sky fly.
Same. I've always hated that flat ride seems to be a dirty word in the Florida market. A well themed flat can be a great addition to any park.

I hope BG will put some effort into theming the swings, but I'm assuming the established safari area will be the theming.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Anyone have a good strategy in terms of timing for riding IG with a minimal wait?
Same. I've always hated that flat ride seems to be a dirty word in the Florida market. A well themed flat can be a great addition to any park.

I hope BG will put some effort into theming the swings, but I'm assuming the established safari area will be the theming.
Definitely doesn't look like it'll blend in with it's surroundings. If it does take up that former Rhino Rally spot, hopefully it won't look like an eyesore though

Reactions: shiekra38
Definitely doesn't look like it'll blend in with it's surroundings. If it does take up that former Rhino Rally spot, hopefully it won't look like an eyesore though

Definitely an interesting color scheme... Reminds me of a printer running low on ink lol. Assuming this is for BGT, I wonder if we can at least get some added decor to dress up the bare metal supports like the other swing rides added by the chain recently, or if this paint job will be the extent of the "theming".

Reactions: Speed
Definitely an interesting color scheme... Reminds me of a printer running low on ink lol. Assuming this is for BGT, I wonder if we can at least get some added decor to dress up the bare metal supports like the other swing rides added by the chain recently, or if this paint job will be the extent of the "theming".
I wouldn't be surprised if that is it in regards to theming

I suppose they could put a few things on it, but I doubt they will

Also...blech to that paint job it looks like the rejected paint patterns for Iron Gwazi