Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - Reviews, Media, & Spoilers | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - Reviews, Media, & Spoilers

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was comparing two indoor coasters. Bringing up top thrill dragster is kinda silly. The fact remains that Guardians is the longest indoor rollercoaster. So how is it a short ride?
It may appear that way...I for one thought the second life would break up the two halves a bit more

After watching the POV I said to myself "oh that's the end?" and was expecting a bit different pacing

Rode earlier today. Had a ton of fun and am dying to ride again :shrug:

The story is very minimal on the ride & nothing to write home about, but the actual coaster portion is a massive winner in my own experience. It's obviously nothing intense (no real drops, no inversions, launch isn't pulling crazy G's, etc.), but just... stupid amounts of fun.

Out of curiosity to those who have ridden, how does Cosmic Rewind rank among the coasters at WDW? My favorite coaster at WDW is Everest, followed by RnRC, with Space Mountain in third.

As a coaster, its not particularly good-- BTMRR and Everest are better coasters. The theming makes the ride, but that's the case with all Disney rides. If Six Flags built any of Disney's coasters in a parking lot with no theming, they'd suck. To me it feels more like a fast dark ride than a coaster, whereas Mummy and Rockin' Rollercoaster feel more like coasters with dark ride elements.

You’re implying the station is 3,377 feet long? :lol:

Mummy also has dual load and unload btw. Can we at least pretend to give the thing a fair chance fellas?

Not as large as Guardians (also lets be real, the coaster segment itself is much shorter than Guardians, the dark ride is much longer).

I was comparing two indoor coasters. Bringing up top thrill dragster is kinda silly. The fact remains that Guardians is the longest indoor rollercoaster. So how is it a short ride?

Lenght vs time.

Same reason people think Reign of Kong is too short despite being the longest ride in time at UOR.

Reactions: shiekra38
I'm just glad Disney finally took a risk and built a space coaster in a dark showbuilding

It's reasons like that I'm a proud Disney Lifestyler

• Haha
Reactions: Skold
Out of curiosity to those who have ridden, how does Cosmic Rewind rank among the coasters at WDW? My favorite coaster at WDW is Everest, followed by RnRC, with Space Mountain in third.
I feel like there's no winning with this question tbh :lol:

Are you looking for launches & inversions in Disney? You're going to prefer RNRC. Do you want the drops and thrills? Everest is probably your pick. Guardians doesn't touch those in terms of thrills, but out of your list, it's likely the one I've had the most fun with.

It all depends on what you want at any given moment. I wouldn't book an Epcot reservation if I wanted a thrilling day, but if you asked me to choose one of the rides on your list to ride, I'd likely choose to wait in line for GotG as of now.

road yesterday. I had stayed away from spoilers and only read a few other reviews today.

I enjoyed the queue! I like that the queue is split up so it never feels super crowded -- I love that they start the story on the overhead screen while you circle the first level of the queue - - we did have great timing which I imagine the timing changes greatly when LL turns on.

I like they nod to Epcot (but I feel it feels too forced as if pandering to the fan base and making the thing fit) -- but I like the edumatainment feel, the items to learn from while in the queue -- the rooms look great. The pre-shows were fun as was waiting to see where the door/path would be, the room change -- all good stuff.

Not sure on the story (or maybe why the story?) Seems more about Xandar than the Gardians (well, I guess the pavilion was meant to be) -- the story during the ride was a bit too much going on for me too follow -- I heard words and voices, sometimes clear enough to comprehend. I know the gist of the story, I guess it adds to re-rideability (that it would take me a while to catch the story).

I see how this is a fun ride and many will enjoy, but for me, it was the feeling of motion sickness for most of the ride, so not so pleasant at all.

I am getting on in age and I know some rides are no longer fun, but motion sickness does not hit me often. I think the only ride I have had issues with is Pandora:FoP -- there is this scene when you drop into a cave or something and I can't focus--that messing me up (but a post mask ride hade me using the fans well to avoid the issue).

I was fine for Volcicoaster's pre-views.

To me, my issue here is a sensation I get in my gut on Everest during one of the backward hills -- for Cosmic Rewind, the cars would turn 90 degrees from the path of the coaster while the coaster turned -- then they seemed to turn you to the other side 90 degrees while the car went around the track section -- the seemed to do this a lot and my tommy did not like it -- I was able to hold it together and was fine shortly after riding but I may not ride again as it was not pleasant FOR ME -- for many this will be a fun ride!

road yesterday. I had stayed away from spoilers and only read a few other reviews today.

I enjoyed the queue! I like that the queue is split up so it never feels super crowded -- I love that they start the story on the overhead screen while you circle the first level of the queue - - we did have great timing which I imagine the timing changes greatly when LL turns on.

I like they nod to Epcot (but I feel it feels too forced as if pandering to the fan base and making the thing fit) -- but I like the edumatainment feel, the items to learn from while in the queue -- the rooms look great. The pre-shows were fun as was waiting to see where the door/path would be, the room change -- all good stuff.

Not sure on the story (or maybe why the story?) Seems more about Xandar than the Gardians (well, I guess the pavilion was meant to be) -- the story during the ride was a bit too much going on for me too follow -- I heard words and voices, sometimes clear enough to comprehend. I know the gist of the story, I guess it adds to re-rideability (that it would take me a while to catch the story).

I see how this is a fun ride and many will enjoy, but for me, it was the feeling of motion sickness for most of the ride, so not so pleasant at all.

I am getting on in age and I know some rides are no longer fun, but motion sickness does not hit me often. I think the only ride I have had issues with is Pandora:FoP -- there is this scene when you drop into a cave or something and I can't focus--that messing me up (but a post mask ride hade me using the fans well to avoid the issue).

I was fine for Volcicoaster's pre-views.

To me, my issue here is a sensation I get in my gut on Everest during one of the backward hills -- for Cosmic Rewind, the cars would turn 90 degrees from the path of the coaster while the coaster turned -- then they seemed to turn you to the other side 90 degrees while the car went around the track section -- the seemed to do this a lot and my tommy did not like it -- I was able to hold it together and was fine shortly after riding but I may not ride again as it was not pleasant FOR ME -- for many this will be a fun ride!
It's funny the park with all the food and alcohol festivals has Disney's most nauseating rides

So today was my first Cosmic Rewind preview day!

For background purposes I went with my mom who is not a big fan of rollercoasters, her most favorite being BTMRR and least favorite being Space Mountain. While I enjoy the coasters I’ve been on I wouldn’t call myself a big fan of them either as the most intense one I’ve ridden so far is The Mummy, I’ve yet to ride Hagrid’s and will most likely never go on VelociCoaster or anything similar.

It took about 30 minutes to get on the ride, and I liked both preshows (Terry Crews was great) yet never saw Quill’s references to old Epcot so I’m not sure if both were running fully as I had heard someone mention it had been down at some point today and overheard another person say something along the lines of ‘we’ll see the pre shows if they’re working’.

As for the ride I feel like the people downplaying it’s intensity are the coaster fanatics that are accustomed to much stronger coasters as this was definitely the most intense ride I’ve ever been on. It was very smooth which I appreciated, however, that first sharp curve/tilt after the launch that puts you in a spin/rotation with all the flashing lights (I think that’s where we got our PhotoPass picture taken?) absolutely took me OUT. I understand that’s probably meant to disorient you enough to feel like you’re flying through space and lemme tell ya—it worked. When we were through that section (the disorienting rotation was very quick and intense, the launch I felt was tame) I was able to somewhat adjust enough to kinda pay attention more to the storyline. We got Disco Inferno (which we both loved) and were still able to hear most of the dialogue despite my demonic goat screams, which was good and made the ride feel even more fun. One aspect I found to be amazing was the size of the building and the width of the track—it is MASSIVE in there, more so than I had ever fully realized from outside. Whenever I had a point to get my bearings (in the brief moments I could adjust my eyesight) I was blown away by how enormous that building is. I found the parts of the ride with actual set pieces instead of screens to be pretty cool to see too, especially the moon section.

If I could leave any recommendations as of now it’s if you’re traveling with someone that’s not a coaster fan, but you are, try not to downplay it’s intensity. For a coaster fan, it’s probably just an easy, fun ride but for someone that’s not—it’s most likely gonna be a rougher ride. It is not Space Mountain, it is not Gringotts, IMO, it’s more Mummy levels of intensity if the Mummy was gigantic and took place in space.

All in all I really enjoyed the ride, but, I was not prepared to find it as intense as I did. My next preview is next week and I’m really looking forward to going on it again because I feel like I definitely need more rides on it to fully form an opinion, but, on the first ride, for me, it was fun—just a bit overwhelming! My mom, otoh, hated it and was actually in tears when the ride was over which I feel terrible for as she was actually looking forward to it herself, so, again, please try to prepare anyone you’re traveling with that’s not too into rollercoasters for the intensity levels. If they end up not having any issues with it, then they’ll probably end up loving it even more!

For background purposes I went with my mom who is not a big fan of rollercoasters, her most favorite being BTMRR and least favorite being Space Mountain. While I enjoy the coasters I’ve been on I wouldn’t call myself a big fan of them either as the most intense one I’ve ridden so far is The Mummy, I’ve yet to ride Hagrid’s and will most likely never go on VelociCoaster or anything similar.

It took about 30 minutes to get on the ride, and I liked both preshows (Terry Crews was great) yet never saw Quill’s references to old Epcot so I’m not sure if both were running fully as I had heard someone mention it had been down at some point today and overheard another person say something along the lines of ‘we’ll see the pre shows if they’re working’.

As for the ride I feel like the people downplaying it’s intensity are the coaster fanatics that are accustomed to much stronger coasters as this was definitely the most intense ride I’ve ever been on. It was very smooth which I appreciated, however, that first sharp curve/tilt after the launch that puts you in a spin/rotation with all the flashing lights (I think that’s where we got our PhotoPass picture taken?) absolutely took me OUT. I understand that’s probably meant to disorient you enough to feel like you’re flying through space and lemme tell ya—it worked. When we were through that section (the disorienting rotation was very quick and intense, the launch I felt was tame) I was able to somewhat adjust enough to kinda pay attention more to the storyline. We got Disco Inferno (which we both loved) and were still able to hear most of the dialogue despite my demonic goat screams, which was good and made the ride feel even more fun. One aspect I found to be amazing was the size of the building and the width of the track—it is MASSIVE in there, more so than I had ever fully realized from outside. Whenever I had a point to get my bearings (in the brief moments I could adjust my eyesight) I was blown away by how enormous that building is. I found the parts of the ride with actual set pieces instead of screens to be pretty cool to see too, especially the moon section.

If I could leave any recommendations as of now it’s if you’re traveling with someone that’s not a coaster fan, but you are, try not to downplay it’s intensity. For a coaster fan, it’s probably just an easy, fun ride but for someone that’s not—it’s most likely gonna be a rougher ride. It is not Space Mountain, it is not Gringotts, IMO, it’s more Mummy levels of intensity if the Mummy was gigantic and took place in space.

All in all I really enjoyed the ride, but, I was not prepared to find it as intense as I did. My next preview is next week and I’m really looking forward to going on it again because I feel like I definitely need more rides on it to fully form an opinion, but, on the first ride, for me, it was fun—just a bit overwhelming! My mom, otoh, hated it and was actually in tears when the ride was over which I feel terrible for as she was actually looking forward to it herself, so, again, please try to prepare anyone you’re traveling with that’s not too into rollercoasters for the intensity levels. If they end up not having any issues with it, then they’ll probably end up loving it even more!
Glad you got to experience it! I’ve been very curious how intense the ride was, and your thorough description and comparisons give me a pretty good idea what to expect.

As you can tell by my sig, I love coasters. Mummy happens to be my favorite ride at USH (More than Gringott’s and yes, more than Rock-It). If you’re comparing this to Mummy, then this sounds like this is going to be a great ride! I was a little skeptical how good of a coaster it would be judging by the low height requirement and how small the restraints looked.

Hopefully when I go in September, they won’t have VQ so I can rope drop this thing.

Reactions: Allison
Glad you got to experience it! I’ve been very curious how intense the ride was, and your thorough description and comparisons give me a pretty good idea what to expect.

As you can tell by my sig, I love coasters. Mummy happens to be my favorite ride at USH (More than Gringott’s and yes, more than Rock-It). If you’re comparing this to Mummy, then this sounds like this is going to be a great ride! I was a little skeptical how good of a coaster it would be judging by the low height requirement and how small the restraints looked.

Hopefully when I go in September, they won’t have VQ so I can rope drop this thing.

I’m very interested to hear your thoughts (and anyone else’s) if it’s on the same intensity level as The Mummy, so I hope you’ll report back when you get to ride it!

Reactions: Freak

My hopes have been restored for a more intense Space Mountain

Out of curiosity, have you ridden Cobra's Curse at BGT?

Reactions: Freak and Allison
My hopes have been restored for a more intense Space Mountain

Out of curiosity, have you ridden Cobra's Curse at BGT?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts! I haven’t been on Cobra’s Curse though (honestly I’ve never been to BGT).

Reactions: shiekra38