Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 251 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, i'm slightly surprised too, but I also think maybe they're betting that his ratings will rebound with a new administration in place, as maybe they're hoping late-night won't be so politically charged. Fallon not playing the politics angle/not being good at it is a big part of what led to his ratings decrease.
Fallon excels with the skits and ones that allow him to break. Not really the monologues.

Conversely, I found someone like Colbert irritating as a late night host, but loved him on Colbert Report

And then there's Jimmy Kimmel who just comes out crying every night which makes everyone feel akward

So yeah...Fallon is the best to have a ride of his own and be a theme park attraction

Yeah, i'm slightly surprised too, but I also think maybe they're betting that his ratings will rebound with a new administration in place, as maybe they're hoping late-night won't be so politically charged. Fallon not playing the politics angle/not being good at it is a big part of what led to his ratings decrease.

Fallon excels with the skits and ones that allow him to break. Not really the monologues.

The pandemic forcing him to do more interviews and less games/skits didn't help either.

Fallon had better ratings when he wasn't trying to be political and just had celebrities on there having fun and doing viral skits/moments.

The ride is just ok. I'll do it once a trip but that's enough for me. I like the pre-show entertainment and museum but the ride itself could be better. But not being a big Fallon fan that probably doesn't help my view :bonk:

I like Fallon and the ride. Never seen the preshows because it was a walk on the few times I have ridden it. As for the Studio tour in Hollywood it’s time for him to go.
The new stuff they added to the pre-show (at least new to me) was genuinly hillarious

I actually leaned over to my friends and said..."I think I love Jimmy Fallon"

I think John Mulaney is still tops for me

The new stuff they added to the pre-show (at least new to me) was genuinly hillarious

I actually leaned over to my friends and said..."I think I love Jimmy Fallon"

I think John Mulaney is still tops for me
I just hope John Mulaney can stay healthy. Seeing him that he was put into rehab for cocaine use when he jokes about it constantly was somehow still shocking.

Bill Burr is absolutely hilarious to me. I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, but I think if more people listened to his podcast he'd click with more people as that's where his softer side comes through. His comedy is all about knowing what will piss people off and no one is off limits.

Either way, we're stretching way off topic. Back to Race Through New York.

I just hope John Mulaney can stay healthy. Seeing him that he was put into rehab for cocaine use when he jokes about it constantly was somehow still shocking.

Bill Burr is absolutely hilarious to me. I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, but I think if more people listened to his podcast he'd click with more people as that's where his softer side comes through. His comedy is all about knowing what will piss people off and no one is off limits.

Either way, we're stretching way off topic. Back to Race Through New York.
Yes, I heard about that, very worried about him

and yes, we are down a rabbit hole

I know I keep bringing it up, but for the pre-show, I have to wonder if the Quartet will ever return or if I just missed them

I assume they're gone because of the...well..you know

Last edited:
How are the ratings for his show been lately? I only ask cause I think that’s a super relevant thing to how Fallon is handled in the future.

Also, an idea did pop into my mind.......

2024 currently has nothing rumored pre Epic Universe, I don’t see a VB expansion until we’re more past Covid than we are now, a preview center I think is super fun for people like us, most others would just wait till the following year to see the park itself, so I wonder if an update to this ride could be a nice quick 2024 replacement.

Fall of 2024 begins SNL’s 50th Season, possible way for corporate synergy is to do an “Race Thru 30 Rock with SNL”, or brand it with Kenan. Kenan makes sense since he is longest tenured cast member so him hosting an SNL ride is appropriate.

Random thought, but it didn’t feel impossible to me. I think they’re plenty of characters they can go to that aren’t political impressions, plus the idea of seeing many celebrities on a ride/in pre shows is intriguing to many I’d think. Change the pre shows to an improv group and a stand up performance. Maybe a band is always playing too like the SNL band too. Heck, if possible, film the ride tape to match the current ride movements.

Just a thought, curious what others think! I know I’ve brought the idea up before but 2024 I imagine we get something, it doesn’t sound like Universal to do nothing these days.

How are the ratings for his show been lately? I only ask cause I think that’s a super relevant thing to how Fallon is handled in the future.

2024 currently has nothing rumored pre Epic Universe, I don’t see a VB expansion until we’re more past Covid than we are now, a preview center I think is super fun for people like us, most others would just wait till the following year to see the park itself, so I wonder if an update to this ride could be a nice quick 2024 replacement.

Fall of 2024 begins SNL’s 50th Season, possible way for corporate synergy is to do an “Race Thru 30 Rock with SNL”, or brand it with Kenan. Kenan makes sense since he is longest tenured cast member so him hosting an SNL ride is appropriate.

Random thought, but it didn’t feel impossible to me. I think they’re plenty of characters they can go to that aren’t political impressions, plus the idea of seeing many celebrities on a ride/in pre shows is intriguing to many I’d think. Change the pre shows to an improv group and a stand up performance. Maybe a band is always playing too like the SNL band too. Heck, if possible, film the ride tape to match the current ride movements.

Just a thought, curious what others think! I know I’ve brought the idea up before but 2024 I imagine we get something, it doesn’t sound like Universal to do nothing these days.
Looks like NBC is fully committed to Fallon, regardless of present ratings. They've even announced offshoots of his program with a new Fallon kids version coming soon.

Ratings are still fine for Fallon. Although Kimmel's average beat Fallon for the first time last season, there were weeks where Fallon was close to if not surpassed Colbert's ratings. It only feels like Fallon has fallen off because he has the weakest YouTube traction out of the 5 network late nights hosts (+Oliver and Noah) nowadays.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee

Terrible idea but it made me think of another replacement for Shrek.
Shrek: Duloc's hall of presidents, SNL style.
I know, also a bad idea lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Finally got to ride on my trip last week. It’s nothing extraordinary but I thought it was fun and the queue is really well done. People were laughing at the jokes in the pre show and on the ride (specifically the “ew” girl) so it definitely has its fans. GF thought it was fun too.

Overall, I’d say it’s better than any ride about a nighttime talk show has any right being. It still just suffers for being another 3D screen ride in USF, which is just worsened by the lack of Revenge of the Mummy. (For what it’s worth, never made any comments about the amount of screen rides to my girlfriend, who enjoys theme parks but is definitely not an enthusiast, and she didn’t have any complaints about that and liked every ride other than fast and furious. It was her first time at universal and she already wants to go back in October so hopefully we’ll be back for HHN)

Finally got to ride on my trip last week. It’s nothing extraordinary but I thought it was fun and the queue is really well done. People were laughing at the jokes in the pre show and on the ride (specifically the “ew” girl) so it definitely has its fans. GF thought it was fun too.

Overall, I’d say it’s better than any ride about a nighttime talk show has any right being. It still just suffers for being another 3D screen ride in USF, which is just worsened by the lack of Revenge of the Mummy. (For what it’s worth, never made any comments about the amount of screen rides to my girlfriend, who enjoys theme parks but is definitely not an enthusiast, and she didn’t have any complaints about that and liked every ride other than fast and furious. It was her first time at universal and she already wants to go back in October so hopefully we’ll be back for HHN)
Yes, the general public certainly seems to like the entirety of the attraction, especially the pre ride stuff. Alene and I have enjoyed it from day one. However, the hardcore internet fanboys have generally trashed the attraction and their voices are often louder than their actual clout. It's actually a really good use of the very small plot of land it sits on.

Yes, the general public certainly seems to like the entirety of the attraction, especially the pre ride stuff. Alene and I have enjoyed it from day one. However, the hardcore internet fanboys have generally trashed the attraction and their voices are often louder than their actual clout. It's actually a really good use of the very small plot of land it sits on.
Completely agree, I think that perfectly sums up this attraction.

Reactions: Mad Dog
It's a good simulator in a park that has too many of them.
We have 2 parks in the US that regularly boast about their "Coaster Count". Without checking, I think both SF Magic Mountain and Cedar Point are both approaching 20 Coasters per park. If Universal wanted USF to be the projection tech park, their marketing should refocus their messaging to amplify it.

Reactions: Frogki