Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

I don't think they want to amplify a reputation that (some) people complain about and that -- reportedly -- they want to move away from... someday.

But to @Disneyhead’s point, if that was Woodbury’s original vision of the park, the marketing should have done a better job spinning it. It’s a non issue now as we know that UC is moving in a different direction. This is a solid fun ride and I’m glad the main strip will only have 2 of this ride type instead of three.

We have 2 parks in the US that regularly boast about their "Coaster Count". Without checking, I think both SF Magic Mountain and Cedar Point are both approaching 20 Coasters per park. If Universal wanted USF to be the projection tech park, their marketing should refocus their messaging to amplify it.
You can boast your coaster count as a park because it’s a lot easier for a group of coasters to each feel unique, compared to the lack of variety for simulators.

Fun fact, maybe it's my Universal theme park bias, but I find Jimmy recently to be the only palatable late night host

Also, to further drive a wedge between us...I find the ride charming, the best simulator in the park,

And, dare I say it, a taste of what a non-headliner would have been at 90's Universal

It fits the park well, it improved an ugly showbuilding, and it has an experimental queue that I quite enjoy

Send tweet

Fun fact, maybe it's my Universal theme park bias, but I find Jimmy recently to be the only palatable late night host

Also, to further drive a wedge between us...I find the ride charming, the best simulator in the park,

And, dare I say it, a taste of what a non-headliner would have been at 90's Universal

It fits the park well, it improved an ugly showbuilding, and it has an experimental queue that I quite enjoy

Send tweet

And if Minion Mayhem and The Simpsons Ride (and Supercharged...) were replaced with heavily-physical attractions, I'd appreciate Race Through New York a lot more.

And if Minion Mayhem and The Simpsons Ride (and Supercharged...) were replaced with heavily-physical attractions, I'd appreciate Race Through New York a lot more.
I have a theory that if F&F was some spectacular dark ride or amazing coaster, Fallon would be much more appreciated as a solid non-headliner

I believe Fallon also came on the heals of Kong which was a tad disappointing, so it was sandwiched in the middle of some misses

Then add in IOA getting some outstanding coasters

Send tweet
It’s funny actually, I first road this ride like a year ago cause I had no interest in it and I actually enjoyed it a lot. It is a fun simulator ride and has a great queue to boot.

Honestly, I’m glad it’s here. It is almost always a walk on for me too. I genuinely do it like almost every trip now.

Our rollercoaster enthusiast friend (my husband is one too) is not a big fan of simulators, generally doesn’t find them all that great. But she literally said when we got off Race Through New York, “That was actually good!”

It’s funny actually, I first road this ride like a year ago cause I had no interest in it and I actually enjoyed it a lot. It is a fun simulator ride and has a great queue to boot.

Honestly, I’m glad it’s here. It is almost always a walk on for me too. I genuinely do it like almost every trip now.

Our rollercoaster enthusiast friend (my husband is one too) is not a big fan of simulators, generally doesn’t find them all that great. But she literally said when we got off Race Through New York, “That was actually good!”
Agreed, it is really a great simulator, and it is perfect for that small space.

Agreed, it is really a great simulator, and it is perfect for that small space.
General public seems to like it. It's a well rounded attraction, with some of the best pre show entertainment anywhere, and an interesting museum of sorts. And, as you said, it's a good use of such a small space.........
The opposition to the attraction has always seemed to come from the hard core internet fandom that want's coasters in every park space. :lol:

hey, look another toxic work environment with over a dozen staffers who complained. I was wondering what will affect the ride if Fallon "retires", will they dump the Tonight Show idea entirely?