Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 253 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
hey, look another toxic work environment with over a dozen staffers who complained. I was wondering what will affect the ride if Fallon "retires", will they dump the Tonight Show idea entirely?

Unlikely, but I hope it involves ripping out the ride system

I don't know. Presumably a Race through New York that does not feature Jimmy Fallon.
Make the host a rotating crew member on "The Tonight Show," racing to get you there where you're the guest on the show. You keep the queue somewhat as-is with the show museum, etc, just remove the Fallon specific stuff.

The key will be whether Fallon's ratings hold up. They haven't been great, but not so bad they'll get rid of him, especially since overall ratings are down for most every network. Corporations couldn't care less about what former employees say, especially when it's anonymous.

The key will be whether Fallon's ratings hold up. They haven't been great, but not so bad they'll get rid of him, especially since overall ratings are down for most every network. Corporations couldn't care less about what former employees say, especially when it's anonymous.

Yeah, if I'm being honest, I don't think this is "enough" to actually sink Fallon. His drinking habits and probable alcohol abuse were very publicly reported on, yet there were few to no lasting consequences. The allegations here are frustrating (and to someone who's worked in show business at this level, quite familiar), but I really don't see it moving the needle much. If his ratings tank post-strikes, then yeah, I'm sure a succession plan will be formed and accelerated. Otherwise, I think we get an awkward statement and kind of pretend it didn't happen.

the show is still off the air during the writer's strike right? May be challenging to capture the audience again whenever that ends

Nah. Late night, while declining like basically all forms of linear broadcast, still pulls decent viewership without much trouble. The sad truth is the people who are most likely to watch Fallon aren't likely to hear (or care) about this news.

Yeah, if I'm being honest, I don't think this is "enough" to actually sink Fallon. His drinking habits and probable alcohol abuse were very publicly reported on, yet there were few to no lasting consequences. The allegations here are frustrating (and to someone who's worked in show business at this level, quite familiar), but I really don't see it moving the needle much. If his ratings tank post-strikes, then yeah, I'm sure a succession plan will be formed and accelerated. Otherwise, I think we get an awkward statement and kind of pretend it didn't happen.
Yes. Carson was tough to work with. He even back stabbed his close friends on the production. And he drank like a fish. Letterman stories constantly came out, including sexual stuff on set. Sid Caesar, tons of stories. That stuff isn't right, but it's probably more the norm than exception. Many entertainers let success go to their heads and become nasty to people under them. But the business is bottom line. As long as advertising sells, there's generally no moves.

Reactions: tankart150
The high pressure for ratings and creating viral content at all these shows (late night and daytime) has just proven to be a horrible workplace. The pressure put on the segment producers is insane and burns them out quickly. While I don't doubt there are toxic elements, generally it's not the "star" who is creating the issues, it's the shows production team pushing the segment producers hard. This is the same issue Ellen had, Kelly Clarkson had, and just about any successful show. Of course, the star whose name is on the show takes the blame and can share the blame no matter what.

The best thing Universal can do is add some team members in the attraction that randomly call you out, belittle you and say mean things about how you look, just to make the experience more authentic.
When that doesn't sit well with the Disney snowflakes that flood the park they can take it out after a year and put the Ghostbusters show back into that building as it should be.

The best thing Universal can do is add some team members in the attraction that randomly call you out, belittle you and say mean things about how you look, just to make the experience more authentic.
When that doesn't sit well with the Disney snowflakes that flood the park they can take it out after a year and put the Ghostbusters show back into that building as it should be.
Tone it down.

Is there a bar for this kind of thing? The big Ellen backlash happened a few years after her ride closed, Aerosmith still has a themed coaster at DHS. Imo this ride is just gonna keep on trucking despite whatever comes out against the guy, outside of legitimate and recent criminal behavior or something that big. It'd have to be "Fallon has been removed from The Tonight Show" big before the parks considered retheming this attraction.