Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Special Effects Show

Maybe they can put Bourne where Mummy is and have a bigger superior version to Orlando's? Or would Bourne go elsewhere in the lower lot?
No clue, but I wouldn't guess replacing Mummy with a show is a good idea. I think the park wants to add more by Olympics.

After Epic opens though, Mummy may be swapped out for something else. At least, that's my guess.

No clue, but I wouldn't guess replacing Mummy with a show is a good idea. I think the park wants to add more by Olympics.

After Epic opens though, Mummy may be swapped out for something else. At least, that's my guess.

It sure is odd the park will have two, expensive stunt shows in them... maybe Waterworld might be meeting its end?

It sure is odd the park will have two, expensive stunt shows in them... maybe Waterworld might be meeting its end?
I mean, that show has been running for nearly three decades, it costs a lot to run, and it’s a huge chunk of valuable space. You could fit an entire land in there if you plan carefully.

Do we expect Universal to reuse existing buildings in the near future? Bourne obviously makes sense if they want to reuse SES, but are they looking to completely redesign that area, even if Bourne ultimately comes?

Do we expect Universal to reuse existing buildings in the near future? Bourne obviously makes sense if they want to reuse SES, but are they looking to completely redesign that area, even if Bourne ultimately comes?
Bourne wouldn't fit into SES, the building would have to be rebuilt from the ground up and likely take out AA in the process. On top of that, the SES, AA, and Simpsons buildings all have major foundational issues that will require them all to be taken out. Personally, I think Springfield could just be a reskin and Mummy would get axed entirely

USH has been an anomaly of a park when it comes down to stunt shows, having multiple shows in set years with them.

Waterworld's a great example, as not only Terminator 2 3D and it shared time, but also Wild Wild Wild West Stunt Show. Going further, Wild Wild West, Conan, and Miami Vice shared time too.

I don't think you should rule out two stunt shows that are distinguishably different from each other, to co-exist.

I think the SES show will be back this summer. The park is going to be busier than summer of 2021 so I think they'll open it up for a couple of months before Jabbaz return.

I’d assume not at all
Especially if it’s for just the summer then mainly to spears out crowds this summer better

The Special Effects Show is going to be back this summer. I wonder what the effect is on the Fast & Furious rumour.

The only conclusion to be gleaned so far is that they desperately need more capacity during the summer, and they could easily start this back up.

My best guess is SES will go away after Horror Nights if they plan to build the coaster as soon as possible. There will be less need to worry about capacity when a quarter of the park can fit inside the Mario Kart queue.

The Special Effects Show returns to Universal Studios Hollywood, starting July 1, 2022.

The only conclusion to be gleaned so far is that they desperately need more capacity during the summer, and they could easily start this back up.

My best guess is SES will go away after Horror Nights if they plan to build the coaster as soon as possible. There will be less need to worry about capacity when a quarter of the park can fit inside the Mario Kart queue.
If SES closes at the end of the season, then there is a 100% it will be for the F&F coaster. Though part of me does not rule out the possibility Mummy going away too. It is not getting the extensive refurbishment USF's is getting so that to me is a sign it may not be much longer for this world at USH.

I don’t understand why they’re bringing it back for a few months IF this coaster rumor is true. Going through the trouble of rehiring people and training them for show plus staffing additional TMs.

I don’t understand why they’re bringing it back for a few months IF this coaster rumor is true. Going through the trouble of rehiring people and training them for show plus staffing additional TMs.
Perhaps they think rehiring and training people for the show is worth it for that extra capacity. Besides, maybe they can use those same show workers for whatever show is going there for HHN?

After the Summer season, the show will be operating on weekends only. If they were to shut down the SES show after HHN for the new coaster, I think they still will have gotten enough “mileage” out of the rehired staff before tearing it down.

Perhaps they think rehiring and training people for the show is worth it for that extra capacity. Besides, maybe they can use those same show workers for whatever show is going there for HHN?

After the Summer season, the show will be operating on weekends only. If they were to shut down the SES show after HHN for the new coaster, I think they still will have gotten enough “mileage” out of the rehired staff before tearing it down.

Cheaper to retrain performers for this one summer than build something from the ground up. The infrastructure is there and they desperately need the capacity.