Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 145 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
None of the California parks have adequate shade, especially California Adventure. I'd imagine upkeep of trees and shrubbery would cost a fortune in drought prone California, so they just avoid it altogether.

Reactions: Rideguy70
^I think that's a great point. And that incident of a tree hitting Ninja didn't help the tree case. That's when I really started to notice the trees getting cut back. I'd also imagine many of those trees are really old, and may be diseased and need to be taken out. A mix of all these aspects gives us what we have now.

Reactions: Clive
I was just in the park today, and JL has removed the 3D. Screens are now in 4K and no longer need glasses. They are also continuing to allow you to walk through the two pre-show rooms.

From views I got on Drop of Doom, the new area is coming along. There's quite a bit new pavement, but still a long way to go. They've really built out the station for WW:FOC. From the exit of Ridder's, you can see the trains.

There's also a ton of space just sitting there where the entrance of Tidal Wave was. Perhaps future development for flat rides down the road, maybe? There's certainly space for a ride or two there. Purely my own armchair engineering, but an Endeavour would likely fit well there, and SF has plenty of experience with them at other parks. Speaking of flat rides, the pieces of the old Flash/Musik Express are sitting behind the batwing element on Scream. It can be seen from the front row queue.

I was just in the park today, and JL has removed the 3D. Screens are now in 4K and no longer need glasses. They are also continuing to allow you to walk through the two pre-show rooms.

From views I got on Drop of Doom, the new area is coming along. There's quite a bit new pavement, but still a long way to go. They've really built out the station for WW:FOC. From the exit of Ridder's, you can see the trains.

There's also a ton of space just sitting there where the entrance of Tidal Wave was. Perhaps future development for flat rides down the road, maybe? There's certainly space for a ride or two there. Purely my own armchair engineering, but an Endeavour would likely fit well there, and SF has plenty of experience with them at other parks. Speaking of flat rides, the pieces of the old Flash/Musik Express are sitting behind the batwing element on Scream. It can be seen from the front row queue.
Whoa, what? 3D is now gone from JL? Do you think that's an improvement?

That's awesome they have space for a flat where Tidal Wave was and I would love to see an Endeavor come to the park. Hopefully it happens. It just sucks that more shade has been removed for a concrete slab.

I'll interject some armchair wishful thinking here and wish that they would do a little theming restoration project by sprucing up the existing "themed areas", adding shade, and changing some things up to add some cohesiveness for the "lands" and make the park look nicer. Here's what I propose as a list of lands and improvements:

Six Flags Plaza: Not much change here except maybe a new paint job and sprucing up.
Full Throttle Raceway: Add a little shade with drought-tolerant plants and give it a light racing theme as opposed to "YOLO theming".
High Sierra Territory/Bug Bunny World: Mooseburger Lodge would return or some High Sierra-themed restaurant where FT Sports Bar is. A Troika would be added to where Pistachio Park is.
Buccaneer Bay: Not much changed here except some new shade and a new Pirate-themed eatery where Food Etc. is.
DC Universe: Entrance sign would be put where Superman is. A path would be added from Wonder Woman to Riddler. New Zamperla Endevor added where Tidal Wave was. More shade added in the plaza in front of Riddler.
Screampunk District: Not much here except a new Zamperla Nebulas
Gold Rusher Village: From GR to Jet Stream, the pizza restaurant and the store in this area would be given a more Western theme. Jet Stream would be given a light retheme and the boats would be painted brown to look more like rustic row boats
Samurai Summit: Not much here. Light refresh
The Underground: Again, not much here, but there would be more added shade with drought tolerant plants and Twin Charged Tacos would actually stay open. LOL
Rapids Camp Crossing: I like what they're already doing. I guess a simple touch-up and improved Katy's Kettle would be nice.
Baja Ridge: Not much here except a touch-up.

So yeah, I would announce a year where the park would have enhanced themed areas, three new rides, and improved food.

They’re in the process of installing gravel and other landscaping underneath and around the ride.

Also, I have been told that they will **surprise**, will be added greenery to the area at some point. How much is unclear, but this ride is going to look really nice when it opens.

Last edited:

Wow

Finally, its one of my favorite rides but the glasses got in the way and thank god when its a walk on you can just walk on now

^That's pretty much what they're doing now.

And I agree... it's what they should've done in the first place. I think a lot of people wrote off that ride mainly because the two pre-show rooms were so painful. You think they would've learned after the two pre-show rooms for Terminator: Salvation (and those videos were Oscar-worthy in comparison)

^That's pretty much what they're doing now.

And I agree... it's what they should've done in the first place. I think a lot of people wrote off that ride mainly because the two pre-show rooms were so painful. You think they would've learned after the two pre-show rooms for Terminator: Salvation (and those videos were Oscar-worthy in comparison)
JL:BfM is actually a pretty decent shooting dark ride when everything is working. It's a shame that it now has low ridership due to those stupid preshows. I'm baffled it took them this long to finally get rid of them. The next logical step would be to relocate the entire queue inside by adding queue railings in the former preshow sections.

^To be honest, at the moment, that isn't necessary. After the two pre-show rooms, there's still about 2 1/2 swtichbacks before boarding, and even that's not getting filled up. Which is a shame, now that's it's running the way it should be. That's why I'm trying to get the word out... now's the time to give the ride another chance