Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 143 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
When SFMM reopens their iconic 42-story ride and Cedar Point **most likely** won't.

SFMM: 1 CP: 0

Being the SFMM fan I am and having been to CP recently for the 1st time, I really can't put SFMM ahead anymore in anyway besides not having to dodge bugs on rides lol

Reactions: Freak
Cedar Point is so far ahead of SFMM in terms of...everything, I no longer even make the comparison. While SFMM was obsessed with being the coaster leader, both Cedar Point and Kings Island were putting the finishing touches on being far, far better parks in general with far better line ups.

Even Fiesta Texas crept up on the Mountain. SFMM as it is now is one of the worst amusement parks in the country.

^You've never been to SFA

SFMM is not the juggernaut it once was, but it is recently taking steps to improve experience there (wait times boards, improved app/FOL/FL use, mobile food ordering, getting both sides working on Superman, SR lines). While on the whole I do like CP a lot better, I'm also finding my visits to SFMM much more enjoyable than in the past. Just add more flat rides and continue improving/upgrading infrastructure (notably new bathrooms, especially near the main entrance).

SFMM is no CP, but I don't think it deserves all the hate it gets either.

Even Fiesta Texas crept up on the Mountain. SFMM as it is now is one of the worst amusement parks in the country.

I agree with all your other points, but I don’t think SFMM is near the worst six flags, especially when you got SFDK up the highway.

SFMM still has my favorite collection of rides out here in CA even though the park itself is a dump. It’s a fun dump :)

If they're going to increase parking... they need to utilize the farthest reaches of their territory & build parking garage structures. They already have parking lot trams, might as well use them properly

Also reducing the awful flat parking lots would free up so much expansion space. Having worked at SFMM, I can confirm the blatant obvious of them NOT utilizing the space they have.

All the backstage facilities could & should be relocated, as well as some of them combined into a singular multi-level building (similar to Universal & Disney).

This was one of the most frustrating parts about working there, you care more about the park than the management/higher-ups do. I remember my department manager was so detached from guest service & quality that she viewed everything as a "product". All I could think was, "well... your "product" sucks. And if you never take the time to view anything from a guest perspective, it'll never improve".

Heh... mini rant. But yea, more rides & entertainment & rides... not coasters.

Reactions: chris.g
Yeah, I think we can all agree a focus on infrastructure and overall park atmosphere would be ideal for this park. In my hearts of hearts I genuinely believe if this park tried it would rival Disneyland.

Reactions: Wesker69 and Freak
Has Roaring Rapids reopened? It's pretty much summer now. I suppose staffing could be an issue, but does the park even care about it anymore? Would anyone be that surprised if that footprint was used for a future coaster?

Roaring Rapids gets insanely long lines (when open). And it's the only real water ride left in the concrete desert that is SFMM... if they used that area for another coaster, they'd win the award for "dumbest park".

I don't count Jet Stream since you barely get a splash/spray of water.

A plot of prime ride territory is where the stupid Dive Devil bungee swing sits. I'm not a fan of upcharge attractions in parks.

Reactions: chris.g
I always just figure any large area here that isn't brand new and is unexpectedly closed is in line to become a coaster lol.
Still don't know why the most popular water ride is closed in June