Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 144 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^ I was just at SFOT and their rapids was closed as well, and it was 89 degrees that day. We were told that the ride was in need of parts and upgrades and should reopen soon.

I'm going to guess Roaring has a similar issue. Parks are really struggling to get parts for their attractions from Intamin. At SFMM, everytime a new attraction is lined up for the park, the maintenance crew hold their breath that it's not an Intamin lol.

Reactions: JS610
Wow 35 dollars for parking, especially in that lot, is insane... I hope other parks don't do that as well...

Like I get it might lead to improvements but honestly I gotta see a plan to believe it cause the park in this current form doesn't warrant that price. I do wonder if its a way to offset kids being dropped off during the summer vs parking.

It will go up to $40 by 2023. They've already hinted that they are trying to price out some of their guests to make the inpark experience better. Shorter lines, less people just hanging out taking advantage of cheap prices ect.

I noticed it's something that started in Florida a few years ago and those parks are more tolerable now save for Disney.

It will also encourage folks to upgrade to passes that come with parking perks.

Reactions: chris.g
With this parking raise, I'm sure this means we'll finally get that newly repaved, solar panel parking lot that was announced in 2018, right?

Although to SF's credit, SFDK got some of things we complain about at SFMM: a better themed ride (Sidewinder Safari), and solar panel parking. So it can be done... but I suppose the trade off is SFDK has even worse customer service and staffing issues that SFMM has. And their Flash ride hasn't worked in, what, 2-3 seasons now? So it's always a trade off somewhere.

Reactions: chris.g
It will go up to $40 by 2023. They've already hinted that they are trying to price out some of their guests to make the inpark experience better. Shorter lines, less people just hanging out taking advantage of cheap prices ect.

I noticed it's something that started in Florida a few years ago and those parks are more tolerable now save for Disney.

It will also encourage folks to upgrade to passes that come with parking perks.

Shouldn't they just increase the ticket price instead? I mean technically they both go into the price of a day trip but still.

It doesn't affect me personally either with my pass but I don't like that it probably will encourage other places I don't have a pass to to increase parking prices.

Doesn't effect me at all since I have parking on my pass. Parking price hikes like this make me question why on earth people would want the cheapest pass.

Sameee, I feel that especially with Universal's AP. The silver isn't a deal really due to parking unless you park or get there by other means.

Although to SF's credit, SFDK got some of things we complain about at SFMM: a better themed ride (Sidewinder Safari), and solar panel parking. So it can be done... but I suppose the trade off is SFDK has even worse customer service and staffing issues that SFMM has. And their Flash ride hasn't worked in, what, 2-3 seasons now? So it's always a trade off somewhere.

Outside of them not being able to operate all their rides, SFDK is just very sad looking and the animal exhibits look equally as sad. My trip there gave me very abandoned vibes even more so than some sections of SFMM.

SFMM could have used an Aquaman themed Mack Water shuttle coster like SFOT more then they needed a big single rail thrill coaster than ruins the biggest/nicest "plaza" in the back of the park.

Its a water ride, its a coaster, its a thrill ride & a Family one too.

Reactions: JS610 and chris.g
My expectations for the "land" are extremely low because once again, it seems they've failed to connect DC Universe with "Metropolis", resulting in TWO dead end DC areas.

They needed to add a (covered) pathway back by Batman & Riddler... trees, plants, tarp.. whatever, but not leave it a dead end.

Also I said this many times when I worked there & CraZanity opened, that area should've become "Harley & Joker's Midway".

just for the pun, rebrand the bumper cars as "Harvey DENT's Bumpers".

Reactions: Clive and chris.g
My expectations for the "land" are extremely low because once again, it seems they've failed to connect DC Universe with "Metropolis", resulting in TWO dead end DC areas.

They needed to add a (covered) pathway back by Batman & Riddler... trees, plants, tarp.. whatever, but not leave it a dead end.

Do you think they tried to do this but just couldn't due to budget or like they just don't care?

This park is a joke when it comes to designing new plazas. Every new plaza they build requires removing the shade and planting little shrubs instead. Or they do plan for shade like the WCR renderings but cut the budget at the end.

Reactions: Freak
I avoid the park completely during the Summer. It is absolute insanity that it’s in SCV, one of the hottest places in SoCal during the summer, and they remove more of what little shade they have with MORE FREAKING UGLY CONCRETE. I would be totally fine with bumping any further attractions until the park is covered in shade. It’s getting ridiculous at this point. The park looked NICE until the early 2010’s and then Full Throttle plaza was a thing. This place is going to look like a concrete carnival before long.

Reactions: Wesker69 and Clive