Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

Universal Orlando has announced that Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn and Suites will reopen on Wednesday, May 26

A little better, but not that notably better. I enjoyed the smoked chicken at both.
We just stayed at dockside last month. The kid grilled cheese is very tasty. Husband had a club gave it glowing reviews. Son and his girlfriend said the pizza was really good. Maybe expectations were low because it is a food court, but it did impress us

We ate at Dockside large range of food and large seating areas. We didn’t eat at Surfside, but I think it was much much smaller, so perhaps much less choice.

For me I like Dockside more because I like the space more: the colors, the open style, the indoor bar, etc. But it has its downsides: much larger resort, more people on the bus, etc.

Having previously stayed at CBBR and really enjoy it, would we disappointed in the Endless Summer resorts? Is it noticeable step down in quality?

It's more a lateral move. I actually prefer the rooms at Endless over CBBR, excluding the thinner walls and towels. You will notice the step down in the amenities - a just ok pool, minimal pool bar, lower tier food court, etc. Yet on the other hand the Endless busses get to the parks quicker than from CBBR.

It's more a lateral move. I actually prefer the rooms at Endless over CBBR, excluding the thinner walls and towels. You will notice the step down in the amenities - a just ok pool, minimal pool bar, lower tier food court, etc. Yet on the other hand the Endless busses get to the parks quicker than from CBBR.

Buses are quicker?! I thought they were really fast from CBBR, so that IS fast lol

Agreed about the thin walls. I felt like I could hear everything when I stayed at Endless, but it was worth the step down in cost. I just cranked up the white noise machine after I took my Ambien.

How long was the time period for Endless Summer Surfside going vertical to its completion date? I don’t want to count dockside as it had delays and such but Im wanting to get a general idea of the new Epic Universe sister hotels and how long they will take from vertical to completion. It’s being built by the same company and they are going up faster than anticipated so it seems they may be done before 2025.

How long was the time period for Endless Summer Surfside going vertical to its completion date? I don’t want to count dockside as it had delays and such but Im wanting to get a general idea of the new Epic Universe sister hotels and how long they will take from vertical to completion. It’s being built by the same company and they are going up faster than anticipated so it seems they may be done before 2025.
Looking back in this thread, it appears Surfside's parking garage went vertical in early March 2018, with the first room tower following in mid April 2018. The resort opened end of June 2019, so less than 16 months from vertical construction to opening.

They could absolutely have P912 ready for summer 2024 if they wanted.

Thinking of trying to do a cheap long weekend in January - is Endless Summer actually worth the price bump over offsite hotels (some that are arguably closer to the parks)?