Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

I'm trained to call BS on anything I read exclusively on Inside the Magic especially when the source is an unverified comment on Reddit but someone claimed that a woman washed out her child's filled diaper at VB and that the section got shut down. Please tell me this is "crap," no pun intended! I like water parks and don't want to lose my enjoyment of them! That South Park episode WAS just a joke, right? :afraid:
Stuff like that happens all the time at water parks.

They nasty.

At Great Wolf Lodge they refer to poop in the water as a "code brown". There it can shut down an entire park for hours because everything is connected water-wise. I learned that from someone who used to work there. And last time I was there with my family, sure enough, we heard "code brown" over the loudspeaker and everything got shut down right away. I'd wager VB has a similar response to such incidents.

At Great Wolf Lodge they refer to poop in the water as a "code brown". There it can shut down an entire park for hours because everything is connected water-wise. I learned that from someone who used to work there. And last time I was there with my family, sure enough, we heard "code brown" over the loudspeaker and everything got shut down right away. I'd wager VB has a similar response to such incidents.
They do - they've got a lot of experience going all the way back to Wet 'n Wild days. :)

They do - they've got a lot of experience going all the way back to Wet 'n Wild days. :)
Even if they have no experience, there's state health codes that regulate public pools that spell out what they have to do - which in some cases is quite time-consuming. Like, shouldn't open the pool the next day levels of time-consuming.

I'm trained to call BS on anything I read exclusively on Inside the Magic especially when the source is an unverified comment on Reddit but someone claimed that a woman washed out her child's filled diaper at VB and that the section got shut down. Please tell me this is "crap," no pun intended! I like water parks and don't want to lose my enjoyment of them! That South Park episode WAS just a joke, right? :afraid:
Was it filled with candy? That may change the story

One night, on our 2021 trip (first one after lockdown), the CBBR lazy river was closed off. After a few Jai Alai's I eventually built up the courage to ask one of the lifeguards standing in the entrance to it about code brown, and I got a positive nod. It happens everywhere I guess.

I've been fairly quiet about my trip on here as it's mostly bad.

Even though I was staying in the CBBR tower for 10 days and it wasn't even 100 steps to get into VB, I went once for about 2 hours.

It was a 255min wait for Krakatau. After an hour, I gave up and went one of the slides after waiting 40mins. I then had a disappointing hot dog and left.

The TapuTapu system simply doesn't work when it's that busy.

Even though I was staying in the CBBR tower for 10 days and it wasn't even 100 steps to get into VB, I went once for about 2 hours.

It was a 255min wait for Krakatau. After an hour, I gave up and went one of the slides after waiting 40mins. I then had a disappointing hot dog and left.

Yes, I anticipated over crowded parks, and capacity issues. So I cancelled both my trips this year. Why waste the money on a underwhelming experience. I'm looking at 2023, at least for WDW. I'm
still on the border with Universal. They haven't done much to fix their capacity problems, especially at USF. Re-open the damn theaters already, for one thing. And replace the closed parade with 'something'.
I hate it when they cut stuff when they're making tons of money with huge crowds. I'm as pro Universal as they get, but I don't like the direction Pres. K. Irwin is taking. Yes, Epic down the road will be great. But don't
penny pinch the other parks until 2025. That's a long 36 months away......and....no excuse for substandard food offerings. Can't blame that on worker shortages. That's just down and out profiteering.

Last edited:

If that what their dogs have been reduced to sheesh they used to be a full meal in themselves

Also yeah, Universal's attempt to cut down famous slow-moving waterpark queues kind of freezes up when the park is slammed...which is when it's theoretically needed most lol

I think more slides would certainly help

But waterslides will always be low capacity, and there's nothing really you can do about it

If that what their dogs have been reduced to sheesh they used to be a full meal in themselves

Also yeah, Universal's attempt to cut down famous slow-moving waterpark queues kind of freezes up when the park is slammed...which is when it's theoretically needed most lol

I think more slides would certainly help

But waterslides will always be low capacity, and there's nothing really you can do about it

More slides would help. But they wrote themselves into a corner when they found out the hourly throughputs on the slides were far lower than the manufacturers' estimates. Threw off all their modeling.

Yea the expansion is looking real good right now however I don’t think it will solve capacity issues long term either.

President Irwin just started just a few months ago so how can we judge a tenure that’s barely gotten started ?

Yea she cut an aging parade but it takes time for things like to be replaced. It’s always a process for new projects to come to fruition.

Granted Universal definitely has the funds and I will say they are much better at executing them than Disney as of late.

More slides would help. But they wrote themselves into a corner when they found out the hourly throughputs on the slides were far lower than the manufacturers' estimates. Threw off all their modeling.
Well considering Universal paid dump trucks of money and gave multi-level title bumps to former NGE people from Disney to lead that, nobody should be shocked that their modeling was bad.

Well considering Universal paid dump trucks of money and gave multi-level title bumps to former NGE people from Disney to lead that, nobody should be shocked that their modeling was bad.

Yet again, run amusement parks/water parks like amusement parks/water parks! Don't get cute! I hope Universal doesn't get lured into the SWGS gambit.

I wonder how much Tom William and/or Bill Davis was a proponent of VL...