Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Tips & Tricks | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Tips & Tricks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Opening night is a reduced capacity due to media and celebs. If the rest of the event is similar than something went wrong. Lol. Expect all other nights to be way more crowded.

Reactions: Rideguy70 and Clive
Opening night is a reduced capacity due to media and celebs. If the rest of the event is similar than something went wrong. Lol. Expect all other nights to be way more crowded.
Lol

makes sense. Thought it was insane seeing 10 mins lines on a sold out night

In line for pizza fries, but I noticed that you have to be 21+ to enter the area where they sell it (The After Hours Bar). So if you’re under 21 and want pizza fries, unless you are with someone who’s that age….sucks for you. That’s pretty lame. Pizza fries should be available for ALL ages.

Man, I sure hope they were good! The hype of the pizza fries on this forum is something else!

Man, I sure hope they were good! The hype of the pizza fries on this forum is something else!
When I got there to get some.....they were all out. Had to settle for the BBQ fries. Not into BBQ sauce that much, but I was determined to get something after waiting in that line. Those BBQ fries were pretty mid. Over-seasoned and not much sauce.

About to work on my review but lines really let up around 10:30. When I went to Halloween, the most annoying thing happened to me: I hop into line which looked really short. On top of that it was posted 20 min! I go into line, it's moving, then halfway through, the line stops for 20 min. I look at the wait board and it shot up to 80 min. While I'm waiting there, I notice RIP and Express being hammered through while pausing standby. Finally the line moves a little bit, then stops. Ramming through Express and RIP, then standby moves a little bit once Express is mostly empty. We finally get to the final corner that gets to the entrance. We're two groups away. They literally let in ONE GROUP before they halted standby, opened the floodgates for Express and RIP and then they had some camera guys let some VIPs through. We waited at the facade for 20 min and got clowned into waiting almost an hour. By far the worst line management of the event. Hopefully when I go back next Thursday I don't get screwed over by that again.

I know, supply chains....but wow them selling out of a special item after making you wait in that line

No thanks, I will not be going to that bar then

Correction: I later found out you don't have to be 21+ to enter the After Hours lounge, but obviously you have to to be able to buy drinks (Which were $18!!!!!! OOOOOF!) Good new for you underage fans who want pizza fries.....if they have them lol

Reactions: Jerroddragon
These are the maze opening times from what I can tell on the app:
Weeknd, Monsters, Klowns - 6:00pm
Blumhouse - 6:30pm
La Llorona and Terror Tram - 6:45pm
Scarecrow, Halloween and Hotel - 7:00pm

The most effective game plan based on opening and wait times, walking not being an issue, would be Weekend, Monsters, Blumhouse, La Llorona, Scarecrow, Halloween, Terror Tram, Hotel, end the night with Klowns. This is also if you are one of the FIRST into Weeknd, perhaps with AP or after 2pm entry by already being around. I'm not gonna be the one to try it, but if anyone wants to give it a go, I have to imagine this would work amazingly if you are fast enough to hit everything basically as they are opening.

I have documented the wait times for the first two nights periodically. I was not there on either night so I can not attest to the validity of these numbers. I will be attending tonight (Sept 10th) and usually in my reviews, I note the wait times and how long I actually waited, so that'll be further research. I didn't bother with documenting Employee Preview because I feel those are very different conditions in terms of crowd flow.

I apologize if this makes the thread look long, but I think it's important to check out the data from a statistical standpoint to help with game planning by knowing the ebbs and flows of crowds at specific times. I tried to do every thirty minutes but would forget, get busy, etc.. If someone wants to correlate between the two nights and make an average wait time by time in the night, I'd love to see the findings.

It's all very quick notes, as I just used a quick word for the maze name and a number after it to designate the wait time.

Thursday, Sept 8th
7:22
Blum 10
Hall 25
Hotel 10
Week 70
Scare 30
Klowns 90
Legends 45
Llorona 10
Tram 10

7:42
Blum 15
Hall 25
Hotel 10
Week 70
Scare 45
Klowns 90
Legends 30
Llorona 30
Tram 15

8:30
Blum 45
Hall 80
Hotel25
Week60
Scare55
Klowns 25
Legends 45
Llorona 15
Tram15

9:10
Blum 10
Hall 80
Hotel10
Week40
Scare50
Klowns 60
Legends 50
Llorona 35
Tram5

9:40
Blum20
Hall 60
Hotel10
Week45
Scare50
Klowns 45
Legends 45
Llorona 35
Tram20

10:43
Blum35
Hall 50
Hotel10
Week35
Scare20
Klowns 10
Legends 15
Llorona 40
Tram20

12:55
Blum30
Hall 15
Hotel10
Week5
Scare5
Klowns 5
Legends 5
Llorona 5
Tram

Friday, September 9th
6:07
Week90
Klowns 30
Legends 10

6:30
Week90
Klowns 60
Legends 45

7:00
Blum 30
Hall 30
Hotel 30
Week75
Scare30
Klowns 45
Legends 80
Llorona 30
Tram

7:36
Blum40
Hall 30
Hotel25
Week75
Scare30
Klowns 50
Legends 30
Llorona 65
Tram25

8:00
Blum50
Hall 80
Hotel30
Week45
Scare60
Klowns 50
Legends 35
Llorona 65
Tram50

8:48
Blum40
Hall 80
Hotel50
Week75
Scare65
Klowns 70
Legends 65
Llorona 40
Tram65

9:39
Blum65
Hall 120
Hotel60
Week90
Scare80
Klowns 70
Legends 85
Llorona 60
Tram150

10:49
Blum40
Hall 65
Hotel20
Week140
Scare105
Klowns closed
Legends 100
Llorona 95
Tram80

11:35
Blum65
Hall 120
Hotel40
Week65
Scare85
Klowns 60
Legends 25
Llorona 90
Tram40

12:00
Blum closed
Hall 120
Hotel50
Week75
Scare85
Klowns closed
Legends 55
Llorona 90
Tram

12:30
Blum closed
Hall 120
Hotel50
Week140
Scare95
Klowns closed
Legends 55
Llorona 65
Tram

1:30
Blum closed
Hall 40
Hotel10
Week20
Scare5
Klowns 60
Legends 10
Llorona 80
Tram

Looks like on Sunday I’m going to try clowns first then legends and head up to the upper lot before 7 pm

I’ll do weekend my second time with a front of the line pass but starting at the weekend in general can take you 30+ mins to finish meaning you had to wait in line before it opens and even then by the time your out the other mazes will already have lines

I"ll second the fact that if you're in a standby line, they'll just let hoards of Express through for 10 minutes at a time, while stand by won't move at all. The line for Scarecrow crawled because of this. Lines moved so slowly, we only did Weeknd, Legends, Scarecrow, and Hotel. Fortunately we have FFP, so we'll return, but we sort of expected to be able to do more (disclosure: we also stopped to eat, which sort of increased all the wait times).

That said, the few mazes we did say were pretty great in terms of scenic design. IMO, this is the closest Hollywood HHN has felt to Orlando. One detail I really appreciated that I haven't seen other mention is that they are finally starting to explore flooring options to fully immerse you. The carpeted hallway in Weeknd is a nice touch, and the bird poop floor in Scarecrow stands out. I always felt more floor environments would go a long way in theming. I do also agree that while I love Legends, that long black wall section 2/3 of the way through kills it. At least put in more lighting, fog, or sound design.

I"ll second the fact that if you're in a standby line, they'll just let hoards of Express through for 10 minutes at a time, while stand by won't move at all. The line for Scarecrow crawled because of this. Lines moved so slowly, we only did Weeknd, Legends, Scarecrow, and Hotel. Fortunately we have FFP, so we'll return, but we sort of expected to be able to do more (disclosure: we also stopped to eat, which sort of increased all the wait times).

That said, the few mazes we did say were pretty great in terms of scenic design. IMO, this is the closest Hollywood HHN has felt to Orlando. One detail I really appreciated that I haven't seen other mention is that they are finally starting to explore flooring options to fully immerse you. The carpeted hallway in Weeknd is a nice touch, and the bird poop floor in Scarecrow stands out. I always felt more floor environments would go a long way in theming. I do also agree that while I love Legends, that long black wall section 2/3 of the way through kills it. At least put in more lighting, fog, or sound design.
its why I hate how all these events are handled

you pay money for a ticket and it means Jack and you can literally be there all night and not do everything.

I just wish they could make them flow better or let less people in. Opening more mazes at the start of the event would help as well.
Making weekend the first maze means it has to have a 60 min wait within mins of opening

I seriously considered going a second night in a row, but the rain made me want to chill and wait until my next time which is this Thursday. Seems I made the right call. Lol

Hey all,

So this year was definitely crazier than past years.
This would be the first year where I've went and felt like I didn't get my money's worth at all.
We got there at 7:30, couldn't do early entry this year due to my job. We literally only got to see Weeknd and Hotel Horror.
Both very high quality mazes but the lines were so unmanageable and the rain was making things lowkey miserable lol.
It seems the trend is lower lot maze wait times are consistently pretty high.

Would you guys say its feasible to see everything in one night now or do you think we've come to the point where FoL is a must?
Was thinking of forking out the moolah for FoL Unlimited next time. But dunno if its worth it.

Hey all,

So this year was definitely crazier than past years.
This would be the first year where I've went and felt like I didn't get my money's worth at all.
We got there at 7:30, couldn't do early entry this year due to my job. We literally only got to see Weeknd and Hotel Horror.
Both very high quality mazes but the lines were so unmanageable and the rain was making things lowkey miserable lol.
It seems the trend is lower lot maze wait times are consistently pretty high.

Would you guys say its feasible to see everything in one night now or do you think we've come to the point where FoL is a must?
Was thinking of forking out the moolah for FoL Unlimited next time. But dunno if its worth it.
maybe if you get there when the first mazes open and stay until closing but that’s also without any show and finding a place to eat without a huge line

a poster above us had most the tones through out the night and you can try to use that to do the head math on how long it would take to do it all