Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - News & Info | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My brain has been warped by how many times I heard "ANOTHERRRR WAY OUUUUTTTT"

There's a couple cool tracks this year, but nowhere near as good as the synth wave of 29 or the metal of 30 IMO.

The rockabilly punk ish music around the park is kinda cool but ruins some of the zones.
I like the music but 8t is a very odd choice. It totally ruins the pumpkins area by shrek

Some observations after 3 nights:
  • Stay & Scream feels incredibly well run so far this year. Very impressed at the organization and some of the new changes they've made to try to make things smoother.
  • I've received queue "tickets" probably 10 separate times now and not once have they been collected. A bit of a mess here.
  • Really loving how silent/uninvolved the ops in the houses are this year. Super refreshing.
  • I continue to be surprised at how bearable The Weeknd lines have been.

• Stay & Scream feels incredibly well run so far this year. Very impressed at the organization and some of the new changes they've made to try to make things smoother.
  • I've received queue "tickets" probably 10 separate times now and not once have they been collected. A bit of a mess here.
  • Really loving how silent/uninvolved the ops in the houses are this year. Super refreshing.
What is a queue ticket? I saw someone handing out yellow carnival style tickets in a line but didnt see what they were

What is a queue ticket? I saw someone handing out yellow carnival style tickets in a line but didnt see what they were
That's a queue ticket, they give them out at the beginning of the line and have someone at the end of the line taking them so nobody can line jump. They tend to only go into use when a line is expected to be long but it varies. I had them at Weeknd and at Halloween, but only Halloween had someone at the end taking them, not weeknd. It's all kinda weird.

Reactions: Tbad556
The express lines are an absolute mess at Blumhouse and chupacabra. Like what ratio are ops working with at these? Waited 40 minutes for Blumhouse express with a posted standby wait of 55. Unacceptable.

Reactions: Alsands and Clive
I have only heard one ops member say anything in a house and I’ve been here since Wednesday, and it was the house with the longest/slowest line of the night that night. They almost even seem to be *enjoying* watching people admire the sets and scares and stuff. Nice change.

That's a queue ticket, they give them out at the beginning of the line and have someone at the end of the line taking them so nobody can line jump. They tend to only go into use when a line is expected to be long but it varies. I had them at Weeknd and at Halloween, but only Halloween had someone at the end taking them, not weeknd. It's all kinda weird.
Is that like everyone gets a ticket or was it a way to measure/verify the queue length?

Is that like everyone gets a ticket or was it a way to measure/verify the queue length?
Everyone gets one, they ask every group how many are in your party and give you that many tickets. That said, I think they really need to work on letting people know how important it is to not lose them, since they really didn't say much in the cases I saw where they were handing them out. I imagine at least a handful of people lost them and were forced back to the end of a 40+ minute wait.

Everyone gets one, they ask every group how many are in your party and give you that many tickets. That said, I think they really need to work on letting people know how important it is to not lose them, since they really didn't say much in the cases I saw where they were handing them out. I imagine at least a handful of people lost them and were forced back to the end of a 40+ minute wait.
I think it's more of a generic deterrent than an actual checked ticket. I was never asked to hand mine in at the front of the house in any of the 20ish runs I had opening weekend. Lines would back up so much if ops had to check every number at the entrance.

Two weird things happened last night.
Weeknd went down for about 30 mins last night but they never updated it in the app until it almost came back up. Not sure what happened but annoying they were not communicating anything.

We were behind someone in line for monsters that had two dogs in a stroller and they took them into the house. Like wtf.... My friend and I stepped to the side at the entrance to let them get ahead cause I didn't wanna deal being behind that. Honestly that just seems cruel to the dogs to put them through all the flashing lights and loud noises.

Two weird things happened last night.
Weeknd went down for about 30 mins last night but they never updated it in the app until it almost came back up. Not sure what happened but annoying they were not communicating anything.

We were behind someone in line for monsters that had two dogs in a stroller and they took them into the house. Like wtf.... My friend and I stepped to the side at the entrance to let them get ahead cause I didn't wanna deal being behind that. Honestly that just seems cruel to the dogs to put them through all the flashing lights and loud noises.

yes i saw the dogs as i was leaving monsters lol.

Reactions: sjago13