Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Tips & Tricks

So I went the last two Sundays.

First Sunday I feel like had a few less people there my order was Clowns then Monsters, skipped Weekend and went to Halloween and Scarecrow and then walked on the Tram and went through Harry Potterland twice and walked on the little coaster in Potterland once and saw Jabbawockeez. Also saw the big scare group that happens every 90 mins and got to see the giant crow walker/got a quick picture in front of the batels motel and Halloween Harry Was out of the park before 10 PM and the longest line was Clowns and only because we got it it early and waited for it to open but even then maybe 30 mins max. Everything else was 15 mins or less.
If I had know it would have been this good would have stayed later and upgraded the passes at 11 pm and had no need for a second night

But since I already have express passes, I was there last night and started with Monsters (waited maybe 20 mins) and went up to La Lorina and that took maybe ten mins for General as it opened. Then walked on Halloween and Scarecrow, then went back on Halloween with my FF pass. Walked on the tram after for general. Then my GF and I split up and she saw Jabbawockeez and I used my Express pass on Tram to go again.
Then went downstairs and easily the longest line of the night at over 20 mins in the express line for Clowns, not sure what was up but Clowns had a hugeeeeee backed up line for express passes. Then walked on the Weekend with the express pass and enjoyed the rest of the mazes with Express.

Overall the weekend is the only maze you should have an issue with with express , so if that mazes doesn't interest you. I think by 11 PM on a Thursday or Sunday you can hit basically every other mazes if you time it right but start with Clowns or Monsters and work your way from there.

edit: FF replaced with express pass

Last edited:
Anyone know what time the HHN themed store opens at CityWalk? I was by it around 11:45am on Friday, but it was closed. I went into the park so didn't get a chance to check it out later in the day.

So I went the last two Sundays.

First Sunday I feel like had a few less people there my order was Clowns then Monsters, skipped Weekend and went to Halloween and Scarecrow and then walked on the Tram and went through Harry Potterland twice and walked on the little coaster in Potterland once and saw Jabbawockeez. Also saw the big scare group that happens every 90 mins and got to see the giant crow walker/got a quick picture in front of the batels motel and Halloween Harry Was out of the park before 10 PM and the longest line was Clowns and only because we got it it early and waited for it to open but even then maybe 30 mins max. Everything else was 15 mins or less.
If I had know it would have been this good would have stayed later and upgraded the passes at 11 pm and had no need for a second night

But since I already have FF passes, I was there last night and started with Monsters (waited maybe 20 mins) and went up to La Lorina and that took maybe ten mins for General as it opened. Then walked on Halloween and Scarecrow, then went back on Halloween with my FF pass. Walked on the tram after for general. Then my GF and I split up and she saw Jabbawockeez and I used my FF pass on Tram to go again.
Then went downstairs and easily the longest line of the night at over 20 mins in the FF line for Clowns, not sure what was up but Clowns had a hugeeeeee backed up line for FF passes. Then walked on the Weekend with the FF pass and enjoyed the rest of the mazes with FF.

Overall the weekend is the only maze you should have an issue with with FF, so if that mazes doesn't interest you. I think by 11 PM on a Thursday or Sunday you can hit basically every other mazes if you time it right but start with Clowns or Monsters and work your way from there.
I’m confused by this post. By “FF pass,” you mean an express pass, right? The Frequent Fear pass isn’t an express ticket; you wait in the general line. Unless they offer an FF pass with an express add-on? That would be news to me.

I’m confused by this post. By “FF pass,” you mean an express pass, right? The Frequent Fear pass isn’t an express ticket; you wait in the general line. Unless they offer an FF pass with an express add-on? That would be news to me.
my bad
Yes express pass, I wish all theme parks just called it Fast Pass.

At $300-ish for Express all together, that's basically a $100+ off discount, right? (including the GA ticket)

My express pass was 200 bucks
I did go the second Sunday but if they have jumped 100 more bucks for next weekend then dam

Hitting up HHN tonight with some friends so I splurged for Express. Will it be less busy because Knotts scary farm is opening tonight? It doesn't matter just curious.

Hitting up HHN tonight with some friends so I splurged for Express. Will it be less busy because Knotts scary farm is opening tonight? It doesn't matter just curious.

I could see it being slightly less busy. Thursdays have been quietest so far.