Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Resort

Lol

They just announced a Disney land/Marvel sub land and Marvel ride. Alot of the park is Pixar but changing the name would just be another limiting "story" thing.

Pixar is at DCA mainly because its fits there. Disneyland just has no more room for lands or rides so Marvel and Pixar will just naturally go to DCA.

Lol

They just announced a Disney land/Marvel sub land and Marvel ride. Alot of the park is Pixar but changing the name would just be another limiting "story" thing.

Pixar is at DCA mainly because its fits there. Disneyland just has no more room for lands or rides so Marvel and Pixar will just naturally go to DCA.
I think the DCA name is the limiting factor. I like that they tried to go for a specific theme, but it's such a stupid theme for a park within California and they've now broken the theme so many times that honestly. The only lands that really fit the california theme are Buena Vista Street and Grizzly Peak. Pacific Wharf fits, but that's being rethemed to San Fransokyo.

If all of the original theming is just going to keep going away for IP lands, then honestly, how can they possibly stay true to the DCA theme going forward with expansions (thinking DL Forward project when they would actually be able to truly expand the park if that happens).

I just think honestly they've broken the theme so many times a new name might be where the park is headed towards.

I think the DCA name is the limiting factor. I like that they tried to go for a specific theme, but it's such a stupid theme for a park within California and they've now broken the theme so many times that honestly. The only lands that really fit the california theme are Buena Vista Street and Grizzly Peak. Pacific Wharf fits, but that's being rethemed to San Fransokyo.

If all of the original theming is just going to keep going away for IP lands, then honestly, how can they possibly stay true to the DCA theme going forward with expansions (thinking DL Forward project when they would actually be able to truly expand the park if that happens).

I just think honestly they've broken the theme so many times a new name might be where the park is headed towards.
I mean it should just be Disney's Adventure Park or something

Leave room for them to still do none Pixar Rides. Which once again nothing at D23 was Pixar...so at least that name to me makes little sense. Also Fransokyo is in California correct, so fits theme and so does Avengers since its the CA campus. Not that it matters really, once again just need to be an adventure park, it always have and pretty will also be Disneyland DLC. Unles they add like two more lands somehow then the park is just not a full day thing, at least when I went last in the summer it was pretty easy to do most rides (not complaining just saying it will never be Disneyland...or Epcot)

I mean it should just be Disney's Adventure Park or something

Leave room for them to still do none Pixar Rides. Which once again nothing at D23 was Pixar...so at least that name to me makes little sense. Also Fransokyo is in California correct, so fits theme and so does Avengers since its the CA campus. Not that it matters really, once again just need to be an adventure park, it always have and pretty will also be Disneyland DLC. Unles they add like two more lands somehow then the park is just not a full day thing, at least when I went last in the summer it was pretty easy to do most rides (not complaining just saying it will never be Disneyland...or Epcot)
A tech campus (AC) is the loosest theme for California anyone could possibly think of to connect Marvel to DCA and San Fransokyo... is that California? Because I thought it was a Marvel creation that mixed San Fransisco and Tokyo together (as the name suggests) and it wasn't specifically set in California. It was just simply San Fransokyo... which is not real.

Now I don't have a big issue with them doing San Fransokyo there as I never go to Pacific Wharf when out in Anaheim, but it just doesn't fit the DCA theme imo well. I guess about as good as you can expect from modern Disney, though.

It's also not like they are adding a ride here. It sounded like they were actually going to be doing away with one of the food options for a merchandising location and a Baymax M&G location. Similar to what they are doing in Dinoland, this is just a reskin to add IP. It will look good at night though so i'll give it that.

A tech campus (AC) is the loosest theme for California anyone could possibly think of to connect Marvel to DCA and San Fransokyo... is that California? Because I thought it was a Marvel creation that mixed San Fransisco and Tokyo together (as the name suggests) and it wasn't specifically set in California. It was just simply San Fransokyo... which is not real.

Now I don't have a big issue with them doing San Fransokyo there as I never go to Pacific Wharf when out in Anaheim, but it just doesn't fit the DCA theme imo well. I guess about as good as you can expect from modern Disney, though.

It's also not like they are adding a ride here. It sounded like they were actually going to be doing away with one of the food options for a merchandising location and a Baymax M&G location. Similar to what they are doing in Dinoland, this is just a reskin to add IP. It will look good at night though so i'll give it that.
I mean, I'll be honest Disneyland has ZERO story theme that makes sense. Its all just whatever the hell they want.

Its cool when AK trys to do a theme but in the end, if they have a cool attraction, land or ride....just put it in and do it. Its like when Mando could not be in GE because "story" nooooo one cares we are at a theme park for fun. Besides the looks of the building the rides in New Orleans really don't reflect going to NO, so should we not have the rides? Of course we should, as long as the attractions are fun and loosely fit theme then go for it have a blast.
But if for the hardcore fans a name change is needed to justify theming...call it Disney's Adventure park and bam no one can be made because Adventure is a general theme

I mean, I'll be honest Disneyland has ZERO story theme that makes sense. Its all just whatever the hell they want.

Its cool when AK trys to do a theme but in the end, if they have a cool attraction, land or ride....just put it in and do it. Its like when Mando could not be in GE because "story" nooooo one cares we are at a theme park for fun. Besides the looks of the building the rides in New Orleans really don't reflect going to NO, so should we not have the rides? Of course we should, as long as the attractions are fun and loosely fit theme then go for it have a blast.
But if for the hardcore fans a name change is needed to justify theming...call it Disney's Adventure park and bam no one can be made because Adventure is a general theme
Disneyland *had* a theme in the same way MK has a theme and DLP, TDL, etc have a theme. Adventure, Fantasy, Tomorrow, America's Frontier, and Southern US/New Orleans.

DL sort of lost it's original theme with Galaxy's Edge and to a lesser extent Mickey's Toontown, although I feel like that fits decently as an extension of Fantasyland. Galaxy's Edge just feels like it doesn't belong at all (although oddly I think it transitions between Critter Country to SWGE to Frontierland better than SWGE transitions between lands at DHS.

Disneyland *had* a theme in the same way MK has a theme and DLP, TDL, etc have a theme. Adventure, Fantasy, Tomorrow, America's Frontier, and Southern US/New Orleans.

DL sort of lost it's original theme with Galaxy's Edge and to a lesser extent Mickey's Toontown, although I feel like that fits decently as an extension of Fantasyland. Galaxy's Edge just feels like it doesn't belong at all (although oddly I think it transitions between Critter Country to SWGE to Frontierland better than SWGE transitions between lands at DHS.
I mean
Walt put a sub in Tomorrowland, not because it would be in your future but because he wanted to
Love small world but doesn’t fit fantasyland and so on

I think hardcore fans over look how many times Walt just did what he liked, even when it didn’t 100 perfect fit Theme

I’m no insider for Dis, but I have heard the name Disney’s Cinematic Adventure thrown around by cast members regarding the recent changes…
Tbh, I actually wouldn’t mind that name. Good names are hard to come by and I feel like that is a much better descriptor of what DCA has turned into.

I don’t mind some of the changes to the park, but what I do mind is pretending the park is still California themed.

If I recall correctly from the art book, San Fransokyo is where San Fransisco is now. There was a large earthquake that destroyed a large portion of the city and they rebuilt using technology found in Tokyo. Hence the name change.

I've always assumed the "theme" of Disneyland was "Things Walt Disney was interested in".

As for DCA, changing out California for Cinematic would be fine with me. It's not like I'll ever use the full name anyway lol

So with D23 having come and gone, with no new Tomorrowland announced, my theory is that with DL forward to possibly be revived in the future they are shifting more attention to DCA as DL park is chock full of new things like SWGE and Toontown. Maybe the Avengers E ticket opens in 2026 and afterwards in 2028 Hollywoodland gets replaced with a whole new land to coincide with the LA olympics and in 2030 we see a new Tomorrowland done right with the proper funds.

I mean midterms are coming up soon. Sucks they can't put Disney forward on the ballot or have a candidate running saying they are pro the third theme park.

Literally zero reasons for the city not to want a new theme park/hotels. The city is already floating because of Disney why not get years of construction jobs and thousand of more lower paying jobs after

In my brain, Disney California Adventure now just means "a Disney park IN California" as opposed to a place that was built with California themes. I don't think the name bothers me enough either way.

Regarding some of those D23 announcements, I guess I'm having a hard time being excited about any of them as of now. The Avengers Campus update seems the biggest thing potentially, but until they actually break ground and start movement on it, I can't really feel one way or the other. The parks panel was a pretty big disappointment in my opinion. I am excited for some of the things they are confirmed to do over there, but the whole panel really seemed like "Hey, we don't have much to tell you - just know that we are thinking of ideas to maybe do some things in the future!" Seems like most of the event was like that.

So a shop was redone with a Princess and the Frog theme....I love the movie but a ride, this shop, a restaurant and most likely one or two little shops (former Briar patch shop and photo shop) near the new ride seems like overkill

So a shop was redone with a Princess and the Frog theme....I love the movie but a ride, this shop, a restaurant and most likely one or two little shops (former Briar patch shop and photo shop) near the new ride seems like overkill

I mean I don't see the issue, they're just integrating it into New Orleans Square. Besides there's a ton of little shops in there, including ones for Pirates and Mansion. Also, don't see what else they're supposed to do with the photo shop and Briar Patch shop besides retheme it?