Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway (Disneyland)

Salt in the wound.

Happy for the DL locals, but this is extremely irritating as a WDW partisan.

Hopefully that's all it is.

I mean, I hope it’s new scenes on the ride. Exact clones aren’t necessary.

We have different pirates. Different mansions. Different towers.

It’s nice to visit the two resorts and have different experiences on familiar rides.

Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway (Alongside Nu!ToonTown) will be debuting on January 27th!

Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway (Alongside Nu!ToonTown) will be debuting on January 27th!

Interesting enough, M&MRR is opening early, toon town is still slated for spring.

“While Mickey’s Toontown is slated to reopen for guests in spring 2023, we are pleased to announce that the new Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway attraction will open early as we kick off the Disney100 anniversary celebration on Jan. 27!”

Well shoot! That's surprisingly soon! Glad to know it will be opening sooner than later!

I'm not trying to hate on Disney but dam. They can't have a redo of Toontown until spring?

It's like they can't...they refuse to open lands fully day one now.

While I'm sure people will go because people have been going to the parks just because

Mickey might get people in but man, to me you have to be wasting money when you could wait a few months and see 2 new shows and a redone land.

While I'm sure people will go because people have been going to the parks just because

Mickey might get people in but man, to me you have to be wasting money when you could wait a few months and see 2 new shows and a redone land.
I might go in February just to see it, so I don't see it as a waste of money. It would be nice to be able to go on Roger Rabbit again, though I'm scared to see what "enhancements" they've done with the ride.

I might go in February just to see it, so I don't see it as a waste of money. It would be nice to be able to go on Roger Rabbit again, though I'm scared to see what "enhancements" they've done with the ride.
I mean, you do you. The Mickey ride looks amazing but for 100+ bucks I'd wait a few months to see the new Toontown and new shows and that's what I'd tell most people to do unless you have an AP or can only go before summer

But also... there will never be a right time to visit a park if they continue to work on plussing it as they should. So people should just visit.

But also... there will never be a right time to visit a park if they continue to work on plussing it as they should. So people should just visit.
Exactly. I went at the start of September this year to see the last Disneyland Forever and MSEP and the beginning of Halloween, but it just happened that the Matterhorn, the Disneyland Monorail, Tom Sawyer Island, and the Explorer Canoes were all closed (on top of ToonTown being closed). But we got the see Haunted Mansion Holiday, four different nighttime spectaculars, MSEP twice, and do a bunch of rides that we don't have in Orlando.

Would I have loved going on the Matterhorn? Yeah, absolutely. It's a classic. But we still had a great time. There's never a perfect time to go.