Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - News & Info | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Anyone know what happened to Monsters last night to make it go down?

Also, anyone have any idea if Monday is sold out? Typically, Halloween is one of the slower nights, but I get the feeling it won't be this year, seeing as how most Thursdays have sold out

Also, anyone have any idea if Monday is sold out? Typically, Halloween is one of the slower nights, but I get the feeling it won't be this year, seeing as how most Thursdays have sold out
Apparently the last remaining nights are sold out!

Halloween night has a few tickets left if you want Unlimited Express, After 2pm or After 2pm with Express.

Gen Admin, Express and RIP are sold out.

Reactions: tacalert
Not a chance in hell they do Tuesday to Sunday. Wednesday to Sunday... yeah, maybe. They're going to have a really difficult time staffing the event, though. This year alone was a mess.
We will just have to see. Staffing is not an issue.

We will just have to see. Staffing is not an issue.

We will, but staffing has 100% been an issue. There have been nights with over one hundred holes. They cannot hire dependable people fast enough. Pandemic economy changed the calculus for a lot of people - and some newer haunts offer better pay and more freedom (several actors left mid season to go work Shaqtoberfest, for example).

It wouldn’t shock me if some exec randomly was like “we need to do Tuesday to Sunday!,” but the actual event ops will confirm that plan is not feasible. The event infrastructure buckles whenever there are 5-night weeks.

We will, but staffing has 100% been an issue. There have been nights with over one hundred holes. They cannot hire dependable people fast enough. Pandemic economy changed the calculus for a lot of people - and some newer haunts offer better pay and more freedom (several actors left mid season to go work Shaqtoberfest, for example).

It wouldn’t shock me if some exec randomly was like “we need to do Tuesday to Sunday!,” but the actual event ops will confirm that plan is not feasible. The event infrastructure buckles whenever there are 5-night weeks.
I don’t how how feasible this is, but they should probably have co start auditions and hire a TON of scareactors to fill holes. The added Wednesday was pretty bad with empty holes.
Universal NEEDS to raise scareactor pay
Yeah it doesn’t like they raised the pay to match with inflation.

Reactions: salismetho
This is insanely incorrect. I can tell you with confidence half of about all lower lot mazes had call outs tonight.
I could be wrong, but there are 3 mazes on lower lot. That would mean 1.5 mazes called out. And how many call outs were there? How do you know how many people are supposed to work?

I think @AlexanderMBush is saying that It's a damning picture because regardless of whether it was "1.5 mazes" or half of all the mazes that had callouts, even though the latter is a "worse" situation than the former, neither is a good look, so Chris' initial miswording mistake is irrelevant because said picture is more than clear either way that it's a huge problem.

Yeah no--@highdefrex has the right of it. Honestly baffled that this got through; and I have to hope for next year, they can find ways to help keep scareactors present and onboard. Raise their pay, being something that should be a must.