KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2) | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess
-Woody Retheme
-New show in Barney
-Both playgrounds rethemed

boom. New land to market.
To be honest it doesn’t need to be anything more than just one big cohesive retheme. Adding a new attraction would be awesome however if it’s just another coaster that would be total waste of space.

Two interactive play areas, a kiddie coaster, and a show is not a terrible addition

I did expect more when they finally redid Kidzone, but...you know

Reactions: Jwhee
I would hope for a couple flat rides as they have in Kung Fu Panda in Beijing. That would be cheap and quick to do even for a regional amusement park.

Reactions: shiekra38
Preferably, if it's going to be a retheme, i'd like them to retheme everything from Barney forward and then basically demolish Curious George and maybe even go the the Old Parade building if they need to to build an E-ticket family dark ride. The retheme would be a quick change and then the ride would be the big draw to the land down the line.

Reactions: shiekra38
Preferably, if it's going to be a retheme, i'd like them to retheme everything from Barney forward and then basically demolish Curious George and maybe even go the the Old Parade building if they need to to build an E-ticket family dark ride. The retheme would be a quick change and then the ride would be the big draw to the land down the line.
Pull a Disney "Phase II"

Reactions: Darko
Could a generic, movie themed kids area work without a big name property tied into it? Kinda like how lost continent was (i know merlin was technically an IP) but something on the lines of a hollywood and movie experience geared to kids?

Love how we've collectively talked each other down from "NEW LAND!" to "LATERAL RETHEME OF EXISTING FACILITIES TO REPRESENT CURRENTLY MARKETABLE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTIES FOR PROPER SYNERGISTIC ACTIVATIONS!"

And Panda would certainly be better than whatever I think we're getting with this KidZone work
Even a KFP retheme of an existing KidZone attraction with proper theming and a nice nighttime lighting package would be better than anything currently in KidZone.

Pull a Disney "Phase II"
I really think that they need to. In my opinion, any redo of this land, even if most of the land is just a retheme, absolutely needs an all ages E-ticket dark ride.

While coasters and the simulators is kinda what they do, i've spent spend enough time around the resort to randomly hear what guests are complaining about. Guests mostly seem to like the coasters, but the simulators, at USF especially, drives some guests absolutely nuts. Especially if they have little kids.

If you have little kids, you basically can't do anything at Universal and while guests should do their homework, they also should be able to expect that their kids will be able to at least have a decent time and not one where they basically can't do anything, even ET for some kids.

Generally we don't vacation when kids are out of school, so my view is a bit slanted. But, short of ET, we rarely see more than a handful of people in the land. I'd guess even a mild retheme to more recent
IP's would help to get people back there, and help ease the park's capacity issues.

.......................................Universal..."Free the Three Closed Live Entertainment Theaters" !!!...................................:popcorn:

Generally we don't vacation when kids are out of school, so my view is a bit slanted. But, short of ET, we rarely see more than a handful of people in the land. I'd guess even a mild retheme to more recent
IP's would help to get people back there, and help ease the park's capacity issues.
KidZone has been pretty busy from my view ever since the Barney show changed over to DreamWorks and then even more busy once Shrek and Donkey moved over.

It is... but DreamWorks as a whole is pretty outdated considering they haven't made a recent hit outside of Trolls in the last few years now.

HTTYD, Madagascar, Shrek, Trolls, Kung Fu Panda, are their most popular IPs and only Trolls is the most relevant property.

How dare you besmirch God's gift known as Boss Baby....which spawned not 1 but now 3 spinoffs paid for and demanded by netflix.

• Haha
Reactions: queenmetroid
I really think that they need to. In my opinion, any redo of this land, even if most of the land is just a retheme, absolutely needs an all ages E-ticket dark ride.

While coasters and the simulators is kinda what they do, I spend enough time around the resort to randomly hear what guests are complaining about. Guests mostly seem to like the coasters, but the simulators, at USF especially, drives some guests absolutely nuts. Especially if they have little kids.

If you have little kids, you basically can't do anything at Universal and while guests should do their homework, they also should be able to expect that their kids will be able to at least have a decent time and not one where they basically can't do anything, even ET for some kids.
I think you're right, it allows for something in 2024 *and* after Epic

It is by far their largest expansion space with not a whole lot of substance on it

Reactions: Darko and Nick

While coasters and the simulators is kinda what they do, I spend enough time around the resort to randomly hear what guests are complaining about. Guests mostly seem to like the coasters, but the simulators, at USF especially, drives some guests absolutely nuts. Especially if they have little kids.

Absolutely. Universal can and is competing directly with Disney now. To do this effectively, they absolutely need to build family-friendly dark rides. EU should have included a Fantasyland-style area with three or so such rides, even if it violated the one-IP-per-area rule. Heck, ideally each park should have such an area. Ironically, Universal actually has a surfeit of appropriate properties, a veritable junk drawer full of family-friendly IPs - Dreamworks, Illumination, Aardman, Woody - and popular properties that, while Universal doesn't fully control them, are heavily associated with the resort - Spongebob, Scooby, Seuss, Bullwinkle, etc. That isn't even delving into non-animated IPs that could produce fun dark rides - a slightly spooky Beetlejuice ride could be perfect. Its actually a pretty glaring indictment of Uni that the Minions and Potter don't have an AA-heavy (even simple AAs) dark rides, that Seuss only has one such ride (with a height restriction), and that the Dragon area in EU isn't getting any. They seem to be actively avoiding them.

Also, stop coming up with alternatives for Animal Actors, darn it. Universal isn't going to come up with a more rewatchable show in that space. I know its odd, but the five things I don't want anyone touching in the resort are Spidey, ET, AA, the Make-Up Show, and the Prop Shop, and the last one is already gone. And obviously I, a random message board poster, should be the arbiter of what stays and what goes at the resort.

Absolutely. Universal can and is competing directly with Disney now. To do this effectively, they absolutely need to build family-friendly dark rides. EU should have included a Fantasyland-style area with three or so such rides, even if it violated the one-IP-per-area rule. Heck, ideally each park should have such an area. Ironically, Universal actually has a surfeit of appropriate properties, a veritable junk drawer full of family-friendly IPs - Dreamworks, Illumination, Aardman, Woody - and popular properties that, while Universal doesn't fully control them, are heavily associated with the resort - Spongebob, Scooby, Seuss, Bullwinkle, etc. That isn't even delving into non-animated IPs that could produce fun dark rides - a slightly spooky Beetlejuice ride could be perfect. Its actually a pretty glaring indictment of Uni that the Minions and Potter don't have an AA-heavy (even simple AAs) dark rides, that Seuss only has one such ride (with a height restriction), and that the Dragon area in EU isn't getting any. They seem to be actively avoiding them.

Also, stop coming up with alternatives for Animal Actors, darn it. Universal isn't going to come up with a more rewatchable show in that space. I know its odd, but the five things I don't want anyone touching in the resort are Spidey, ET, AA, the Make-Up Show, and the Prop Shop, and the last one is already gone. And obviously I, a random message board poster, should be the arbiter of what stays and what goes at the resort.
What's a family friendly dark ride? Cause I used to ride Spiderman with my family when I was a kid

Status
Not open for further replies.