KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2) | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bourne is well past it's expiration date and yet...

As always, an IP does not need to be hot to be theme park worthy. It needs to either be nostalgic (which Shrek absolutely is) or have a world in the movie worth building (which Shrek has). This also applies to Avatar. Most people are not giant flag waving Avatar fans, however, it was a great theme park candidate due to it's world. Disney didn't exactly do it perfect, but the point is an IP doesn't need to be hot to be worth a theme park spot.

Meh. I think out of any potential DreamWorks properties, Shrek is far and away the least interesting choice they have.

Reactions: Casper Gutman
The realist in me says Dreamworks Land being rounded off. Whatever that means.

The optimist thinks a pending announcement means something involving an external partner. Nintendo announced early. So something bigger for the land?

The boring answer is they are aware of the curse, and are announcing anything to make sure no one can go back on their word. :lol:

Would be interesting if something Nintendo took over KZ for 2024.

That would be interesting but that won’t happen.

It is... but DreamWorks as a whole is pretty outdated considering they haven't made a recent hit outside of Trolls in the last few years now.

HTTYD, Madagascar, Shrek, Trolls, Kung Fu Panda, are their most popular IPs and only Trolls is the most relevant property.

HTTYD has tv series. Trolls 2 came out two years ago. Please I beg of you all to do some research.

Shrek sucks. Let it die.

Reactions: Nico
Kung Fu Panda 4 is scheduled for release in March 2024, just saying.

They could easily throw together a fairly nice looking land with a retheme of the coaster, a new show in the DreamWorks building, some flat rides and an outdoor boat ride in time for 2024.

Kung Fu Panda 4 is scheduled for release in March 2024, just saying.

They could easily throw together a fairly nice looking land with a retheme of the coaster, a new show in the DreamWorks building, some flat rides and an outdoor boat ride in time for 2024.
Bring the land over from Beijing!

I think they’ll debut with SNW and Mario, then a relative onslaught of Nintendo lands/rides for the decade following.

I imagine this is Dreamworks related.
That would be interesting but that won’t happen.

HTTYD had tv series. Trolls 2 came out two years ago. Please I beg of you all to do some research.

Shrek sucks. Let it die.

Yeah, definitely not expecting Nintendo, even though I do think it would have made for a brilliant move.

Have there be any recent patent filings for new ride technology? I seem to recall there was something for a vertical dark ride, but that would make more sense for whatever may replace FF.

Shrek has the Top FOUR spots in terms of highest domestic grossing Dreamworks Films and Shrek 2-4 all grossed over $750M Worldwide. Trolls and KFP are probably the most popular outside of Shrek in my estimation, despite Trolls only having an okay box office performance, they have saturated the market with animated shows/specials that have been popular. KFP has always been popular. Behind that i'd say HTTYD is also popular, brought in big box office, and it has a big world that was built out to explore which is why it got a land at EU.

Nah. Shrek is past its expiration date. No need to invest in it.

Puss in Boots is getting a good reaction currently from test screens 2 months ahead of the release of the new film; and Melandandri wants to reinvigorate the Shrek IP.

I imagine it'll come back, just not now.

__
Honestly with KFP4 coming in 2024, an upgraded DreamWorks Theater in Kidzone with Kung Fu Panda Adventure feels like a no brainer. Do that, alongside a cheap retheme of both Woody Woodpecker and Fivel; and I think you have a really good start.

Reactions: Darko and Nick
Re-theme of Woody’s I can see but that wouldn’t be super enhanced, if that’s all then this would be very disappointing. Dreamworks theatre at smallest, dark ride for the best. Ideally both, AA becomes DW theatre, and rest of kidzone is mish-mash of Shrek meet n greet, KFP food and meet n greet outside DW theatre, and Trolls mini area with a dark ride in the back sounds best to me, but I suspect it won’t be that well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.