KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2) | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything is better than current KidZone.

And Panda would certainly be better than whatever I think we're getting with this KidZone work

Substantially replacing KidZone is the park's best chance to improve itself in a really meaningful way basically all at once. I'd rather Universal wait to do something lavish with KidZone than do something half-hearted and budget-cut (I have no knowledge about whether or not the KFP ride was significantly budget-cut... but it sure feels like it was). And if that means it has to be post-EU, then so be it.

The worst option would be to not use the space to its most full potential, because then it will be another 10+ years, or however long, before the area would get addressed again.

Substantially replacing KidZone is the park's best chance to improve itself in a really meaningful way basically all at once. I'd rather Universal wait to do something lavish with KidZone than do something half-hearted and budget-cut (I have no knowledge about whether or not the KFP ride was significantly budget-cut... but it sure feels like it was). And if that means it has to be post-EU, then so be it.

The worst option would be to not use the space to its most full potential, because then it will be another 10+ years, or however long, before the area would get addressed again.
How about the fully redesign what’s there into something new while still leaving space for a bigger addition later?

How about the fully redesign what’s there into something new while still leaving space for a bigger addition later?

I generally don't trust Phase 2s to happen in any timely fashion, if at all. If Universal was up-front about what the Phases involved, and gave a timeline, perhaps.

But I'd much rather wait for a concrete, big-scale plan for KidZone that involves (hopefully) adding at least one significant new ride to the park's overall lineup (in addition to potentially re-theming the bones of what's already in KidZone if they really feel they have to for cost purposes).

Reactions: Coolbfitz
A ride without height requirements. Spidey has one at 40 inches, quite high for Orlando - that's the same as Splash or Big Thunder Mountain.

This is honestly the first time I've ever heard of 40 inches being considered "high" in any capacity. More often than not, that is considered family-friendly for any ride which has a height requirement.

48 inches on the other hand, that is the one I hear the most complaints about on being high for a lot of kids. Especially at Cedar Fair parks where they'll give a mine train/family coaster that height requirement (or bump it up to 48 like they did with Knott's Jaguar.) when it can clearly be lower to something like 40.

This is honestly the first time I've ever heard of 40 inches being considered "high" in any capacity. More often than not, that is considered family-friendly for any ride which has a height requirement.

48 inches on the other hand, that is the one I hear the most complaints about on being high for a lot of kids. Especially at Cedar Fair parks where they'll give a mine train/family coaster that height requirement (or bump it up to 48 like they did with Knott's Jaguar.) when it can clearly be lower to something like 40.
Young kids 3-4 typically clear the 40" mark, yes. Does that mean that all 3-4 year olds want to go on/will like coasters and simulators though? Absolutely not, which is the point being brought up.

Yeah, we get it, it's Universal's thing to build more thrilling attractions. But if their objective is to continue to steal part of Disney's market share, that means more kids are going to be infiltrating your parks with little for many of them to do right now. Why do people act like it such a terrible thing when it's suggested that Universal build a single ride that the whole family (from toddlers to elderly) can ride all together?

For Orlando, its high. There are, I believe, 4 rides at the entire WDW resort with a higher height requirement. Universal has 12. That limits Universal's audience.

When Universal opened the Potter lands, the whole approach of focusing only on thrill-hungry young adults and largely ignoring other significant audiences became outdated and overly narrow.

Q1Qyk0.gif

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Doug A.
IU News Post
DreamWorks Destination, Woody Woodpecker’s Nuthouse Coaster, Fievel’s Playground, Curious George Goes to Town, and the new Shrek Meet & Greet will close on Jan 15, 2023.

"Immerse" and "beloved animated characters" are phrases that immediately jump out.

To be "immersed," I would think requires more than simple reskinning.

Finally. I have a lot of hope we will get a good family ride out of this. Will they get something done for 2024? If they can then wow!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.