KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2) | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know that we'll see any knew buildings built out of this. I think this could be like the current Shrek -> VillianCon project where it's just updating a really old building that's been in the park since 1990. That's what i'm expecting out of this. A gutting of all existing structures and update to fit in new IP.
The curse has finally been broken. Excited to see that something is finally coming to Kidzone.

Without prejudging anything, if what we end up with is basically the same sort of stuff with new IPs, that kind of still sounds cursed to me!

They have an opportunity to totally revitalize a criminally-underused area of the park. This was the spot once chosen for Super Nintendo World, and while I don't expect anything as elaborate as that, I think just settling for a couple play areas and a rethemed kiddie coaster as a one-for-one swap is aiming really low.

It's great that they're finally going to address KidZone. But I hope they really do it.

That would be interesting but that won’t happen

That’s unfortunate. I’ve always thought that area would be a perfect Pokémon area. That would also bring nostalgia and allow for todays kids to have an area as well. With as popular as Pokémon Go has been recently, seems smart to me.

My two cents:

This is just to help give the area a much-needed little boost. A little treat that'll keep it relevant and not ignored by crowds.

Then, later down the line, once the time comes (I'd imagine maybe 3-4 years after Epic opens)... The bulldozers come in.

Assuming the MIB tent doesn't return now that F&F is viable/Villain-Con will have space, Parade 2's path just needs to move to MIB with Sprung Tent 1, and Parade 1 can enter/exit at Garden of Allah if not E.T.
That gate between Simpsons Ride and Kwik-E-Mart would work very nicely as a portal.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Assuming the MIB tent doesn't return now that F&F is viable/Villain-Con will have space, Parade 2's path just needs to move to MIB with Sprung Tent 1, and Parade 1 can enter/exit at Garden of Allah if not E.T.
They may not be able to use the Old parade building this coming year, but they really wouldn't need to. Use the F&F, VillainCon, and MIB plot and figure out where it's best to put the queue for the New Parade building as time goes on. Possible the entrance is in Hollywood where the parade gates are? Would be a LONG walk, although that parade building always has an extremely long walk.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Like everyone guessed, sounds like lateral move with newer characters kids actually recognize, so that's a win. Shrek, Trolls, maybe Panda or Madagascar rethemes of play areas and woody coaster with new meet and greets is pretty cool.

I never thought I would see the day where FIEVEL GETS RETHEMED. It will do the park so much good, and will take so little effort.

Like everyone guessed, sounds like lateral move with newer characters kids actually recognize, so that's a win. Shrek, Trolls, maybe Panda or Madagascar rethemes of play areas and woody coaster with new meet and greets is pretty cool.

I never thought I would see the day where FIEVEL GETS RETHEMED. It will do the park so much good, and will take so little effort.
I think this sounds about right:

-Fievel rethemed to Trolls.

-Barney/Destination rethemed to Shrek's Swamp, fun show + M&G.

-Nuthouse rethemed to Bad Guys.

-Curious George rethemed to Madagascar.

Would still love a new family ride replacing the Curious George area, but this is fine for the short term while we wait for EU.

Reactions: OrlLover and Alicia
My only concern is capacity. With essentially only the rethemed kiddie coaster as ride capacity in a new land, how on earth are they going to cope? To me, there needs to be something else. Doesn't have to be huge or expensive, but something else.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
Status
Not open for further replies.