Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway (Disneyland)

I normally go on 3 day trip and thats how I get DCA in...I do love that park but it just needs more to do. Hollywood needs to be redone and people will hate me for it but the animation building has to go.....not saying they can't add that to the land again but smaller but that building is just wayyyyyyy to big for what it could be....same with the Disney channel show, its cute but you can fit 2 new rides in that block of the park alone, then we have the old who wants to be a millionaire building and old Tron arcade and even Monsters can go....we can get 4-6 new rides in Hollywood alone if they want to
I think the backlot portion will be the only portion of HL redone as of now. But I think we will heard more about the Hollywood revamp after the Avengers E ticket is opened.

I think the backlot portion will be the only portion of HL redone as of now. But I think we will heard more about the Hollywood revamp after the Avengers E ticket is opened.
That is fine with me. I kinda like the main Hollywood Street. The “Backlot” portion of HL is what really needs help.

So not a single iota of difference in the ride experience huh? That's funny to me. Don't mess with perfection, I guess.

just adds more credence to my assertion this should have replaced launch bay
Something still needs to. In a perfect world GMR would've been modernized all around and kept (in terms of movies showcased on the ride and in terms of putting a new trackless ride system in with new RVs), but oh well.

The attraction wasn't popular with the average guest and if a ride isn't seeing a lot of bodies coming in, it's not going to warrant that type of money being spent on it which is why it was replaced. Unfortunately, the building has a very small indoor queue that it can handle.

Last edited:
So not a single iota of difference in the ride experience huh? That's funny to me. Don't mess with perfection, I guess.

There are a couple of minor differences. There's a scene involving the squid pulling a drain plug instead of playing music and the tunnel with Goofy at the end is new.

Anyone hear any possibilities of Roger Rabbit opening with Runaway Railway this Friday? I watched Five Fires' video on checking out RR and I saw that while the entire left side of Toon Town was walled off, Roger had almost nothing blocking it off. Are they actually going to wait until March to open Roger?

Roger Rabbit didn’t open unfortunately, all of TownTown is behind VQ rn. You also unfortunately do not go around the tornado, sorry for getting people excited!
My unorganized thoughts:
Was very very lucky to snag BG 20 at 7am this morning. The queue and ride were absolutely fantastic. I was legitimately smiling the whole way through, everything was just adorable and fun. Also was the first new ride in a while that I can think of that had its own earworm theme song which I loved, more rides need this! Honestly despite this being screenbased I think it works pretty well in Disneyland as not many rides opt for that, and I think it’s pretty neat in this attraction. Young kids are gonna love it. This doesn’t strike me as an E-ticket honestly, more like a very good D ticket and I think that’s okay! Loved all the little references and details while waiting and I loved the theater aesthetic. Honestly cannot wait to get back on this thing. I didn’t find it lacking in heart as some have described

Last edited:
It is completely unacceptable to me that they are offering pay-to-play Lightning Lane in conjunction with a Boarding Group-only queue. It creates an incentive to allocate more of capacity inventory to paying guests versus "free" guests, effectively forcing the majority of visitors to pay up or be shut out of the brand new, heavily advertised ride.

It is completely unacceptable to me that they are offering pay-to-play Lightning Lane in conjunction with a Boarding Group-only queue. It creates an incentive to allocate more of capacity inventory to paying guests versus "free" guests, effectively forcing the majority of visitors to pay up or be shut out of the brand new, heavily advertised ride.
I absolutely agree with this. It’s pretty gross behavior especially considering the queue filled in less than a second. This is bad show for Disney

And what will be done about it? Absolutely nothing. Disney darn well knows this is unethical but they will continue to do this because it doesn’t matter how many unhappy guests they will have over this. They still got more money out of you.

Look I’m not faulting people for using LL to check out the right (I’ve even done the same with Cosmic Rewind because I wanted two rides out of it), but at the same time, they’re gonna keep doing this because they can. This is why the hardcore Disney fans are the worst. They know they’re getting screwed over by the mouse but they will continue to open their wallets more and get less from
the mouse because of their blind loyalty to Disney.

With that said, people are quickly catching on to their shenanigans. People are seeing that they deliberately gave out very few VQs so they can force most guests to pay for LL. Hopefully enough people will call them out to where they will either scrap VQ (Doubtful) or they will sell a “normal” amount of VQ as they should. One days guests going like myself aren’t gonna stand for this. This is why I didn’t show up for opening day. It’s literally a lottery to be able to ride unless you have more money. Smh.

I agree it's wrong, but you guys are a bit late to the party in complaining about Disney doing this. They've done it for GotG and Ratatouille got it shortly after opening since Lightning Lane didn't start until mid-October. I guess maybe they didn't do this to Webslingers to you guys aren't used to the insanity like Orlando is.

To me I wish I could just wait in line, but this is just expected at this point. That said, the second VQ window at 1pm is always fairly easy to secure a pass for every ride that has had VQ.

Last edited:
Just heard that the same situation is happening today with the VQs as of Friday. Sold out in less than a second at 7AM.

If this continues into this coming week, I think I’m just going to hold off on going until they drop VQ. I’m not gonna go only to either be forced to pay to ride or get screwed out of riding because of how rigged the system is.

Just heard that the same situation is happening today with the VQs as of Friday. Sold out in less than a second at 7AM.

If this continues into this coming week, I think I’m just going to hold off on going until they drop VQ. I’m not gonna go only to either be forced to pay to ride or get screwed out of riding because of how rigged the system is.
You’re gonna be waiting a long long time then. Cosmic Rewind still hasn’t dropped VQ. How has 1pm drops been? I assume that’s much easier to snag

You’re gonna be waiting a long long time then. Cosmic Rewind still hasn’t dropped VQ. How has 1pm drops been? I assume that’s much easier to snag

Reportedly, they haven’t been. Too many slots allocated to Lightning Lane.