Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 265 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeeeeaaah, I'm not too surprised since the AR wasn't working right when I went. AR stayed in place no matter how you turned it. That is unfortunate though.

It's not that the binoculars aren't working correctly - that's an inevitable wrinkle of technical rehearsals that will no doubt be eventually fixed. It's that they thought this out of order "sign" was acceptable for guests to see.

It's not that the binoculars aren't working correctly - that's an inevitable wrinkle of technical rehearsals that will no doubt be eventually fixed. It's that they thought this out of order "sign" was acceptable for guests to see.
Oh yeah for sure, it is pretty egregious looking.

Yikes! What is that wall design supposed to be? I thought it was going to match the grass walls down below it with the rhombus shapes.

The lower wall outside the land doesn’t bother me at all. Could care less.

Now the tiled walls inside, out of order signs in binoculars, and exposed mechanics get on my nerves.

So did the same people who pushed VB to open early come to USH then? Because this is wild.
Volcano Bay had an aggressive construction timeline from the jump. SNW Hollywood most certainly didn't.

This might be a hunch but I feel like it has less to do with execs pushing for the opening and more to do with the design and construction teams not meeting deadlines again and again (even after the delay to 2023 was agreed upon and announced). Building anything in California (L.A. County in particular) almost always involves endless delays, excuses, cost overruns, and regulatory technicalities / miscommunications. At some point you have to give a firm deadline or nothing ever gets done. A mad scramble to the finish line is pretty standard unfortunately.

I wonder if the land will be open tomorrow. Might go here instead of Magic Mountain if it is.
Tomorrow is a passholder day. February 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, 11 and now the 6th, are the last of the passholder days. Any days in-between should be good for a normal tech-rehearsal that’s open to anyone.

Reactions: Pacific
I find it interesting that one-time express for the studio tour is included. I assume they are trying to incentivize the people paying extra to leave SNW after a short period to make room for others and boost attendance on the studio tour at a lower attended period of the day. Honestly $20 for early entry and a one-time express is less than some LL attractions at Disneyland.

I know this is a bad look for them but seeing a crumpled "Out of Order" sign inside these elaborately themed binoculars got a laugh out of me.
do they not have a cover they could put over it when out of order? Yeesh.

It's Paper Mario themed.