Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 267 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
One thing Hollywood does have over Japan: the Goomba tower. at USJ it fell over onto the Yoshi track last year and was removed after that (permanently I think).

Yeah I've seen recent clips from the park in USJ and they never reinstalled the Goomba tower to this day. I was a bit worried if they'd never bring it over to our parks after that incident but I'm glad they did.

Got back from my third time at SNW and this was probably my favorite time going. It was my sister’s first time seeing it so I got to see her whole reaction to everything.

Like I said earlier, we were originally scheduled for the 2-4 slot. The guy at the table strongly recommended we bump our time to 6-8 as Toadstool would fill up quickly. Low and behold the whole fire alarm mess happens. So glad we bumped while we were chilling on the Studio Tour as it was happening.

The best part is that they let us in over a half hour early! We got to get our reservation in comfortably 45 minutes after we entered (6:15) and the food was still great! We got to leisurely play the games and collect the coin blocks until our reservation was ready. Even better, the line for Mario Kart went down from 75 to 30 min but it was literally a walk on! We got to ride not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES due to there being no wait at all. Our third time we got in they just stopped checking wristbands after 8 since it was the final slot and the park closes at 9. Had a blast riding MK 3x especially with the sis getting to ride it for the first time.

I finally was able to experience Bowser Jr. gameplay was fun but the game glitched out. Whomp whomp. Maybe next time. I got to keep my keys though! Looks like I won’t be able to go until it officially opens so hopefully my keys don’t get wiped with the coins.

Welp it was a good run with the previews. Too bad it’s gonna be crowded as heck next time I go lol

So has Universal released their music for a land before if they've got unique music for it? If so, how long have they done it after it opened? Cause I'm really hoping they do some kind of release for the land's music, because I really enjoy it so much to where the gate music has been stuck in my head the past couple of days.

Reactions: Ron101
Got back from my third time at SNW and this was probably my favorite time going. It was my sister’s first time seeing it so I got to see her whole reaction to everything.

Like I said earlier, we were originally scheduled for the 2-4 slot. The guy at the table strongly recommended we bump our time to 6-8 as Toadstool would fill up quickly. Low and behold the whole fire alarm mess happens. So glad we bumped while we were chilling on the Studio Tour as it was happening.

The best part is that they let us in over a half hour early! We got to get our reservation in comfortably 45 minutes after we entered (6:15) and the food was still great! We got to leisurely play the games and collect the coin blocks until our reservation was ready. Even better, the line for Mario Kart went down from 75 to 30 min but it was literally a walk on! We got to ride not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES due to there being no wait at all. Our third time we got in they just stopped checking wristbands after 8 since it was the final slot and the park closes at 9. Had a blast riding MK 3x especially with the sis getting to ride it for the first time.

I finally was able to experience Bowser Jr. gameplay was fun but the game glitched out. Whomp whomp. Maybe next time. I got to keep my keys though! Looks like I won’t be able to go until it officially opens so hopefully my keys don’t get wiped with the coins.

Welp it was a good run with the previews. Too bad it’s gonna be crowded as heck next time I go lol

Wow, sounds like the Virtual reservation system really added positively to your experience! :lol:

So has Universal released their music for a land before if they've got unique music for it? If so, how long have they done it after it opened? Cause I'm really hoping they do some kind of release for the land's music, because I really enjoy it so much to where the gate music has been stuck in my head the past couple of days.
I got the Mario kart station music and one of the loops that plays by the M&L meet & greet stuck in my head.

Reactions: BriefCasey
Anyone heading out to the make-up preview today?

Just did a quick search and there's an unofficial playlist on Spotify. Haven't listened to it yet so don't know how accurate it is.

Does anyone have first hand knowledge on strollers in SNW? Will they be allowed in the land at all or will they have to be left outside the tunnel?

No strollers in the land for now. Most likely to ease congestion in the land. I believe you're asked to park it in JW, but that may change once it reopens from refurbishment on the 9th.

Reactions: BriefCasey
I'm at the makeup preview. So far it's already much better than the first time around. They let everyone into the park about 15 minutes early, but diverted traffic to those going to the preview so that they could get to the lower lot early. No buildup line at all once I got there and crowds in the land are very light right now.

I'd imagine this is how it'll be for those with the early access ticket.

Just got out from Toadstool Cafe and the crowds are still the way they were an hour ago. Also Mario Kart is a walk on much to my surprise. Makes it nice to enjoy the queue and scenery.

EDIT: Behold, some pics:

Also, Mario Kart was so much of a walk on that they were offering if you want to go again each ride. Still haven't managed to get the achivement where you get through without hitting a team Mario racer though. XP

EDIT 2: Man I have a lot more to say but I don't wanna double post. Lemme just say today was amazing and Mario Kart was a walk on the whole day through. A savory day that's probably not gonna happen again for a while.

Last edited:
Yesterday at Toadstool Cafe, they were randomly playing ominous music and dimming the lights as if you’re in a dungeon or about to do a boss battle. Kinda weird tbh. Sorta ruined the atmosphere.

Also, they were doing a photo shoot of the food in the back right corner of the cafe.

29B07B8B-D3E6-44F3-9DB4-47E6D5B5E949.jpeg

Yesterday at Toadstool Cafe, they were randomly playing ominous music and dimming the lights as if you’re in a dungeon or about to do a boss battle. Kinda weird tbh. Sorta ruined the atmosphere.

Also, they were doing a photo shoot of the food in the back right corner of the cafe.

View attachment 18319
Maybe it was for a commercial then or promo media

View attachment 18319

If you look out the windows you’ll see Bowser is attacking, the toads are running around, etc.

It’s super fun!

If you look out the windows you’ll see Bowser is attacking, the toads are running around, etc.

It’s super fun!

Never noticed it on my other visits. It was interesting at first but after the third time I was like, “Bruh, let me enjoy my meal in peace. I don’t like the feeling of imminent danger while eating.”Haha.

Never noticed it on my other visits. It was interesting at first but after the third time I was like, “Bruh, let me enjoy my meal in peace. I don’t like the feeling of imminent danger while eating.”Haha.

I guess it can't be helped since there will always be a constant stream of new guests pouring in, so that all guests can get to see it at least once. Some additional sequences might help in the future though. Speaking of Toadstool Cafe, I think they improved the seasoning on the fries. They didn't taste super salty, but seasoned so well I ate every single fry. I also had the Luigi burger. It was great aside from the large bell pepper that kind of made it a bit structurally unsound, and since it wasn't to my liking either I just removed it. It's really strange how they don't allow you to modify the orders though, like no bell pepper. Hope it's temporary.

Also, despite getting a 10:30 AM reservation, the garlic knots were the same as on the first AP preview and sadly not like the ones I had on the day of TRs that I went to. I wonder what could be cause for the change since there weren't a lot of people inside the cafe and the line wasn't that big when I got in.

All that aside, incoming splurge of details, but I think yesterday's makeup preview day was the smoothest day I ever had in SNW with everything else I've mentioned. There were so little crowds that the initial time slot thing like with the other previews was dropped and they stopped checking band colors as early as noon. I even asked a TM before leaving the land and I was told I could come back as long as I had the wristband. All attending APs pretty much had the whole land to themselves and as I said before, really savory day to do as much as possible.

The only thing that regularly had a line every now and then other than games and cafe were the binoculars, and I think it's because it turns out that what you can find on the binoculars is RNG whenever a new session on them starts. As a result, a lot of people were going to them for achievement hunting.

I did hear that people managed to find the Pikmin near a box that's above 1-Up Factory that has a mushroom going back and forth between it (despite how it says Mount beanpole on the app), but I unfortunately kept seeing a Bob-Omb instead. Must be pretty rare RNG since I did see Rosalina show up a lot for people.

You have to tap on that little circle sensor looking thing at the base of the binoculars I believe, the first time I ever did the binoculars I didn't and did not get any stamps. In general I wasn't getting any of the special events like Rosalia or Bowser's ship on the tall one.
I think they absolutely should cover the hole with one of those M symbols that indicate a tap point, and probably have a simple sign posted of how/when to do it in order to get stamps.

Lastly, I don't know if this was mentioned already, but I think I've discovered a tip for the key coins: you don't have to go straight to Bowser Jr. once you have three, I think you can get as many as you'd like and the app will still keep track of it. I noticed it when I did the Goomba Crank several times to get stamps, and after doing the BJ fight, I noticed my key coins didn't go back to a blank.

Just did a quick search and there's an unofficial playlist on Spotify. Haven't listened to it yet so don't know how accurate it is.

These unfortunately don't sound anything like what I've heard in the land. Shame though, since I really like the arrangements of the Yoshi's Story music in the MK queue and the SMW credits theme as you're in the exit pipe.