Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Middle Earth coming to UOR?

I am very curious to see what type of ride(s) they would go with for this land. KUKA is a no-go because of Monsters, along with the SCOOP with MoM.

How about that water ride patent that controls the flow and which direction the boat is facing? I imagine there would also probably be a Mt. Doom coaster.

Also, I wonder what they would name the land. Just Middle Earth, or include a little subtitle- 'Lord of the Rings: Mordor'.

I am very curious to see what type of ride(s) they would go with for this land. KUKA is a no-go because of Monsters, along with the SCOOP with MoM.

How about that water ride patent that controls the flow and which direction the boat is facing? I imagine there would also probably be a Mt. Doom coaster.

Also, I wonder what they would name the land. Just Middle Earth, or include a little subtitle- 'Lord of the Rings: Mordor'.
I would guess the title 'Middle Earth' would confuse, or be meaningless, to guests who aren't familiar with the 'specifics' of 'Lord of the Rings' or 'Hobbit'.

I would guess the title 'Middle Earth' would confuse, or be meaningless, to guests who aren't familiar with the 'specifics' of 'Lord of the Rings' or 'Hobbit'.
The window is closing on one of the greatest stories imagined. While still relevant it is incrementally less year by year. A shame

Lord of the Rings: Middle Earth's Edge

The stories basically dictate the restaurants so well. The Prancing Pony and other places would be idea. You could dine at the House of Elrond. Not sure that it would be a good idea to have Dinner in Mordor as that never sounded good for anyone.

WB just announced their plans to give LOTR the Disney SW treatment meaning new movies/shows set in the universe so I dont think we have to worry too much about its relevance.
I can't see how that would add to the body of work, it is tough with the big franchise but with an old one it has a very spotty track record. Nothing I would like more than a LotR resort but I have my doubts they can treat this as it should be.
Plus SW fans are more than a little strange..... ;) :lol:

For a land like this I don't think you really new some new and unique ride system. I would go for a highly immersive flume ride, and since Epic would already have a few standard coasters, go for a Mt. Doom powered coaster.

Make something stand out esthetically, and/or have a good ride lineup and you can have a good land, that is why overall Toon Lagoon does good, barely anyone knows what it is, but it carries great energy, and is actually very well designed, and face, even when it is colder people don't seem to mind getting soaked lol.

Make something stand out esthetically, and/or have a good ride lineup and you can have a good land, that is why overall Toon Lagoon does good, barely anyone knows what it is, but it carries great energy, and is actually very well designed, and face, even when it is colder people don't seem to mind getting soaked lol.
This is why I love Toon Lagoon. The energy there is just different compared to most theme park lands.

I finally watched these movies and I think they're phenomenal, easily the greatest movie trilogy ever... but I kinda struggle to see how a land or an E-ticket ride based on them might play out. Maybe a PoTC Shanghai type ride system? I guess imagining a SCOOP/roller coaster/simulator ride system with Middle-Earth's aesthetic and technology is kinda difficult to me.. but others know and understand more about this franchise than I do. I'd love to visit this world but what could the focus of it's main attraction be?

I finally watched these movies and I think they're phenomenal, easily the greatest movie trilogy ever... but I kinda struggle to see how a land or an E-ticket ride based on them might play out. Maybe a PoTC Shanghai type ride system? I guess imagining a SCOOP/roller coaster/simulator ride system with Middle-Earth's aesthetic and technology is kinda difficult to me.. but others know and understand more about this franchise than I do. I'd love to visit this world but what could the focus of it's main attraction be?

A POTC-style ride, whether it's just the traditional dark ride or Shanghai's system, is the most likely route.

The main idea that was thrown around for a while was a Popeye-style ride inspired by the barrel escape river scene from the 2nd Hobbit film.

Other than that, maybe a Soarin-inspired ride. Would be less action-y, of course.

A POTC-style ride, whether it's just the traditional dark ride or Shanghai's system, is the most likely route.

The main idea that was thrown around for a while was a Popeye-style ride inspired by the barrel escape river scene from the 2nd Hobbit film.

Other than that, maybe a Soarin-inspired ride. Would be less action-y, of course.
The Popeye-style ride could be really cool, especially if indoors surrounded by physical sets.

Wasn't the initial rumor that the land would sorta be split into two, each side focusing on one trilogy?

A Soarin'-inspired or perhaps tamer water ride for the original trilogy, then a thrilling barrel rapids adventure for Hobbit?

I personally think a river-rapids ride system for a massive IP like that is a bad idea. I want to enjoy the scenery without getting soaked. As a supporting D-ticket maybe. But not an anchor E-ticket. Besides, capacity wouldn’t be great.

A simple PotC ride system is the way to go. A profoundly simple ride system with elaborate sets and effects can go a long way.

I personally think a river-rapids ride system for a massive IP like that is a bad idea. I want to enjoy the scenery without getting soaked. As a supporting D-ticket maybe. But not an anchor E-ticket. Besides, capacity wouldn’t be great.

A simple PotC ride system is the way to go. A profoundly simple ride system with elaborate sets and effects can go a long way.
Yeah, when I said that it would be really cool - I definitely did not mean as THE E-ticket attraction for a land lol

I still say a Mines of Moria dark thrill ride, ending with a confrontation with an animatronic of this guy:
lord-of-the-rings-of-power-balrog.jpg