What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Middle Earth coming to UOR?

HHN Maddux

Veteran Member
Apr 4, 2020
I am very curious to see what type of ride(s) they would go with for this land. KUKA is a no-go because of Monsters, along with the SCOOP with MoM.

How about that water ride patent that controls the flow and which direction the boat is facing? I imagine there would also probably be a Mt. Doom coaster.

Also, I wonder what they would name the land. Just Middle Earth, or include a little subtitle- 'Lord of the Rings: Mordor'.

Mad Dog

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2013
Pittsburgh area
I am very curious to see what type of ride(s) they would go with for this land. KUKA is a no-go because of Monsters, along with the SCOOP with MoM.

How about that water ride patent that controls the flow and which direction the boat is facing? I imagine there would also probably be a Mt. Doom coaster.

Also, I wonder what they would name the land. Just Middle Earth, or include a little subtitle- 'Lord of the Rings: Mordor'.
I would guess the title 'Middle Earth' would confuse, or be meaningless, to guests who aren't familiar with the 'specifics' of 'Lord of the Rings' or 'Hobbit'.

JoeCamel

Premium Member
May 20, 2015
Upper Lower
I would guess the title 'Middle Earth' would confuse, or be meaningless, to guests who aren't familiar with the 'specifics' of 'Lord of the Rings' or 'Hobbit'.
The window is closing on one of the greatest stories imagined. While still relevant it is incrementally less year by year. A shame

UniversalRBLX

Veteran Member
Nov 3, 2015
Cabana Bae

Lord of the Rings: Middle Earth's Edge

SkiBum

Veteran Member
Dec 14, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
The stories basically dictate the restaurants so well. The Prancing Pony and other places would be idea. You could dine at the House of Elrond. Not sure that it would be a good idea to have Dinner in Mordor as that never sounded good for anyone.

JoeCamel

Premium Member
May 20, 2015
Upper Lower
WB just announced their plans to give LOTR the Disney SW treatment meaning new movies/shows set in the universe so I dont think we have to worry too much about its relevance.
I can't see how that would add to the body of work, it is tough with the big franchise but with an old one it has a very spotty track record. Nothing I would like more than a LotR resort but I have my doubts they can treat this as it should be.
Plus SW fans are more than a little strange..... ;) :lol:

anihilnation

Veteran Member
Oct 13, 2013
Orlando

For a land like this I don't think you really new some new and unique ride system. I would go for a highly immersive flume ride, and since Epic would already have a few standard coasters, go for a Mt. Doom powered coaster.

Make something stand out esthetically, and/or have a good ride lineup and you can have a good land, that is why overall Toon Lagoon does good, barely anyone knows what it is, but it carries great energy, and is actually very well designed, and face, even when it is colder people don't seem to mind getting soaked lol.

TheCodeMan95

Veteran Member
Jul 24, 2018
Make something stand out esthetically, and/or have a good ride lineup and you can have a good land, that is why overall Toon Lagoon does good, barely anyone knows what it is, but it carries great energy, and is actually very well designed, and face, even when it is colder people don't seem to mind getting soaked lol.
This is why I love Toon Lagoon. The energy there is just different compared to most theme park lands.