Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

So in Japan they just got a Pokemon cart with themed snacks and items.

How long until we could see that in the states? Is that a deal that would take months or years? Considering the amount of power bands, and popcorn buckets sold at USH, I'd assume they would want the Pokemon snacks here ASAP but I know a deal would have to be made first

Huh, really? I could have also sworn I remember hearing rumors of Zelda taking over lost continent and Pokémon being a kid zone replacement and that EU and Orlando Supercharged caused them to get the axe.
This was always just speculation. We are 2 years away from Epic there is no way anything else from Nintendo comes to UOR before that. People also have to realize Uni is constantly brainstorming stuff, a lot of it means nothing. Also, don't be surprised if Nintendo properties remain exclusive to Epic, they have a lot expansion space there.

This was always just speculation. We are 2 years away from Epic there is no way anything else from Nintendo comes to UOR before that. People also have to realize Uni is constantly brainstorming stuff, a lot of it means nothing. Also, don't be surprised if Nintendo properties remain exclusive to Epic, they have a lot expansion space there.
Not speculation, but blue sky. There were designs drawn up for both. The Zelda designs for Lost Continent even got leaked (I think on themeparx.com)

Pokemon for KidZone even got a bit further than blue sky. Zelda concept was still being reworked when it was all shelved for the time being.

While some of these designs/concepts may never see the light of day, I find these concepts to be more enticing than most of the stuff that I have seen from Disney. The Zelda ride was really intriguing and hopefully they don't leave it on the shelf.

I wonder if the reception out in Hollywood (AKA it's a big hit) might push the Zelda/Pokemon plans forward early? Why wait on Epic Universe?
I'd take a Nintendo summer festival at this point

Think of the USH plaza with a fun little show, meet and greets/some photo ops and themed food stands.

The Master sword photo op, super smash final destination photo op, and star Fox Arwing would all be hugeeee hits and cost almost nothing to make.

Have a meet and greet with any Pokemon character and it will be insane and even think Samous would be a good choice because her suit is so cool and the remaster is doing very well that just came out.

Do a fun Super smash type show

Have themed booths each with a excusive themed cup and popcorn/food holder would bring in lots of easy money. Zelda, Pokemon, animal crossing and Kirby would be my vote for the food venues.

I'd take a Nintendo summer festival at this point

Think of the USH plaza with a fun little show, meet and greets/some photo ops and themed food stands.

The Master sword photo op, super smash final destination photo op, and star Fox Arwing would all be hugeeee hits and cost almost nothing to make.

Have a meet and greet with any Pokemon character and it will be insane and even think Samous would be a good choice because her suit is so cool and the remaster is doing very well that just came out.

Do a fun Super smash type show

Have themed booths each with a excusive themed cup and popcorn/food holder would bring in lots of easy money. Zelda, Pokemon, animal crossing and Kirby would be my vote for the food venues.
I would so buy a hot drink from a Brewster themed Animal Crossing stand so quickly.

I would so buy a hot drink from a Brewster themed Animal Crossing stand so quickly.
il_570xN.4207492663_k2z9.jpg

Take my money Nintendo/USH

Not the most recent ones.
The only other thing I seem to remember is the boat ride that then goes on a rail overhead. If we do get Zelda, this is the one I would like to see, kind of like a combination of a boat ride and ET. Just imagine going from the water temple into the fire temple with a mechanism like this. Have the ride begin innocently in some small village, things become a tad more turbulent and you enter the water temple, the highlight here is this massive cliff ahead which brings you into the fire temple, which we can enter because Link turns our boat in a glider. There is a boss fight of sorts, then we exit towards offload where we're welcomed back by Gorons.

The only other thing I seem to remember is the boat ride that then goes on a rail overhead. If we do get Zelda, this is the one I would like to see, kind of like a combination of a boat ride and ET. Just imagine going from the water temple into the fire temple with a mechanism like this. Have the ride begin innocently in some small village, things become a tad more turbulent and you enter the water temple, the highlight here is this massive cliff ahead which brings you into the fire temple, which we can enter because Link turns our boat in a glider. There is a boss fight of sorts, then we exit towards offload where we're welcomed back by Gorons.

It would definitely be inspired by Breath of the Wild, though. Even though I wish we’d get something with Wind Waker or OoT.

It would definitely be inspired by Breath of the Wild, though. Even though I wish we’d get something with Wind Waker or OoT.
What I'm hoping for is the land is mainly based on BOTW, but some shops and restaurants/food stands are themed to older games along with nods in the land for older games...like a Minish person hidden near something or a photop ops with the boat from wind waker

It was concept art of a boat ride going through the old Poseidon's Fury building. The boat was The King of Red Lions.

The link's here, at Nov 19th 2021: Universal Orlando expansion
Cheers for this.

What I'm hoping for is the land is mainly based on BOTW, but some shops and restaurants/food stands are themed to older games along with nods in the land for older games...like a Minish person hidden near something or a photop ops with the boat from wind waker
I forgot now, were classical elements present in BOTW? I seem to remember the Deku Tree, but can't offhand remember stuff like Gorons. Obviously there was Gannon lol. Really loved the game and have the new on preorderd for a physical release, luckily at only $59.99

Cheers for this.

I forgot now, were classical elements present in BOTW? I seem to remember the Deku Tree, but can't offhand remember stuff like Gorons. Obviously there was Gannon lol. Really loved the game and have the new on preorderd for a physical release, luckily at only $59.99
A lot of hints at old area's like Lon Lon Ranch ruins but I hope the land is more BOTW focused with like I said shops, food stands, and photo ops for other games. Like how Mario Land has a few Yoshi games area's in it and what not

Cheers for this.

Very present. BoTW's world and artstyle really does bring in the most Zelda elements as well as the most varied selection of elements. They've got Koroks, Rito, Beedle, Big Leaf Fans from the Toon games. Gorons, Gerudo, Zora, Great Deku Tree, Epona, Temple of Time, Lon Lon Ranch, and more from the classic 3D games like Ocarina. Lynels and some other enemies in Tears of the Kingdom from the Classic NES games. Not even talking about cameos or DLC/amiibo costumes, which include references to just about everything from Wolf Link, Majora, Dark Link, Shiek, and way more.

Even if this potential ride is built in more than 7 years, I would love for it to be themed to BoTW.