Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

I would guess that the restaurant attached to Helios would be similarly themed. "Oak" not really fitting that theme.

Edit: Something along the lines of "Icarus". Unfortunately that story ends in tragedy, so.....

Last edited:
You say "Moon Pie restaurant" and I think it's a restaurant serving just this.

Moon-Pie-Single.jpg

I'm surprised they're already painting Donkey Kong when the show building is still missing so much of its theming.

EDIT: Maybe I've just been conditioned by Disney construction to expect construction to proceed in very specific stages across an entire project (grading, vertical steel, enclosure, ten months of nothing, theming), and Universal is disabusing me of my assumptions.

Last edited:
Still confused about the painting. It's still about 2 year until opening (maybe 1,5 year if they are quick) but that means a ton of building dust, rain and storms will be dumped on it. Not that I care as it's exciting as hell.

Still confused about the painting. It's still about 2 year until opening (maybe 1,5 year if they are quick) but that means a ton of building dust, rain and storms will be dumped on it. Not that I care as it's exciting as hell.
No one's managing these construction crews, they're just operating on the energy of the universe. They're on the juice, if there's work to be done they'll do it.

Maybe that's the opening look they are going for for the monsters, Paris and donkey kong attractions. I can totally see that. Besides, things still kinda look shinny and new after a year or so in the elements. My car still looks great for being a 2015 lol.

The townspeople are living in fear, they need to have a laugh every once in a while

Although something darker like "The Slaughtered Lamb" from American Werewolf in London would have worked

It's interesting that you mention the Slaughtered Lamb, because the behavior and attitude of the townsfolk in that movie is much more in line with the tone I'd like to see from this land. They can laugh, they can have a good time, but if you even come close to bringing up their monster problem, they're not pleased about it.