2020 Holidays at Universal Orlando | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

2020 Holidays at Universal Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I went last night. The Macy walkthrough was really well done, and provided a chance to really look at all the detail on floats and balloons, that you just don't get in a parade.

The Tribute store was VERY well done, there's a added sense of smell that you don't get from looking at photos on the internet. The moment you walk in there is a blast of scents that instantly makes you feel like it's Christmas. Add in the sounds and the lights and if definitely succeeds at what it was meant to do, and that's to put you into a Christmas spirit.

The only thing I would like to see different is, maybe lose the Potter room, and add a room dedicated to something more Christmas related. A Macy's parade room, a Santa room, etc. I know Christmas was a theme in parts of the HP movies and books, but there are two entire lands dedicated to it already, that are very well decorated and carries the same merch that was in the Tribute store room.

I'd guess we may see a similar "walk-through" parade as part of Mardi Gras as well. Does anyone know where the exit for the parade/balloon walk-trough will be? I'd guess it will exit down at the end of the street near the Tribute Store, so the placement is ideal for catching guests who just went through the sound stages seeing the floats.

The only thing I would like to see different is, maybe lose the Potter room, and add a room dedicated to something more Christmas related. A Macy's parade room, a Santa room, etc. I know Christmas was a theme in parts of the HP movies and books, but there are two entire lands dedicated to it already, that are very well decorated and carries the same merch that was in the Tribute store room.

With the money the Potter Christmas merch makes, I doubt it would go away any time soon.

There has been a squirrel in the main USF tree for years. He is now an IP. This is monetizing the parks in a way I fully support.

We stayed on site quite a bit in the past, we've talked to some of the security that had pet squirrels on days we would go to early entry or something. We would really get a laugh out of the IoA one that would dart into the store in the AM to find the peanut M&M's. Good times! I'll have to get back there some day, just not this year....

Is the Christmas store in USF still closed?

I wonder if some merch has been moved from there to the Tribute Store

It's open. Both share some merch but both also have unique merch.

I'd guess we may see a similar "walk-through" parade as part of Mardi Gras as well. Does anyone know where the exit for the parade/balloon walk-trough will be? I'd guess it will exit down at the end of the street near the Tribute Store, so the placement is ideal for catching guests who just went through the sound stages seeing the floats.

With the money the Potter Christmas merch makes, I doubt it would go away any time soon.

The Exit is right next to the entrance.

I get that Potter Xmas Merch makes a lot of money. Reason I said remove it was that it's the same merch that can be found in the lands, and the Universal stores. IMO if you are having a Tribute store have something unique to the Tribute store.

Reactions: maroonmol and UNIrd
This is very intriguing to me. I wonder if the pyro will happen with the Hogwarts show.

Definitely better than the “visit green eggs and ham and Ride a few rides” your they trotted out a few months ago.

Reactions: Coolbfitz

This confused me. Is it just me or did they never mention a Hogwarts projection show during their initial holiday announcement?