2023 Holidays at Universal Studios Hollywood | Inside Universal Forums

2023 Holidays at Universal Studios Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Universal Studios Hollywood has announced 2023's Holiday event, with returning favorites, “Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” and “Grinchmas,” beginning Friday, November 24, 2023, and running daily through Monday, January 1, 2024.

Reactions: Grabnar
Universal Studios Hollywood has announced 2023's Holiday event, with returning favorites, “Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” and “Grinchmas,” beginning Friday, November 24, 2023, and running daily through Monday, January 1, 2024.

Wrong thread.

Last edited:
Sadly, sounds like the same event as last year and will not be having the same amount of entertainment like pre covid (there were like 5 different shows happening though out the day back then....good times)

I know it will be a fun time but was hoping they'd plus the event this year with the amount of guests coming for SNW

• Sad
Reactions: Mad Dog
This is Hollywood's event, not Orlando's. The event is starting around the usual time.
Thanks. That's better......Read too fast & missed the Hollywood ....Anyway, that's a relief. Universal Orlando, since they updated their Holiday offerings a few years ago is an excellent event, actually better than WDW holidays. I was planning on going back to Universal next Nov., figuring they'd have their parks back in order by then, with night shows and parades again. That's a shame that Hollywood has such a weak, and late starting, lineup, though.

Last edited:
Sadly, sounds like the same event as last year and will not be having the same amount of entertainment like pre covid (there were like 5 different shows happening though out the day back then....good times)

I know it will be a fun time but was hoping they'd plus the event this year with the amount of guests coming for SNW
Grain of salt I heard they are gonna invest money again but idk if that means just like more food or something lol

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Grain of salt I heard they are gonna invest money again but idk if that means just like more food or something lol
I hope so

It was just something new to do and I I'm a sucker for Halloween/Christmas/Holiday shows

While the Tree Lighting and Castle Shows are great, it's just nice to have other thing's to watch as well and make it an almost full day event

Reactions: chris.g
This is from 2017. I think last year was just the tree light and maybe the story time? So hopefully we get the two singing groups back

1697230764149.png

Looks like they are going to do a Pass member event this year:

You Do Yule at the Pass Member Holiday Park Takeover​

Nov 28–29, 7 pm–11 pm
Set your festive side free at the exclusive Pass Member Holiday Park Takeover. You’re invited to enjoy your favorite rides and experience our most popular seasonal festivities at this after-hours event! It’s the best way to get ahead of the holiday rush. Watch for your email invite or come back here to RSVP.

An advance online reservation is required for entry into this event. Space is limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.

Looks like they are going to do a Pass member event this year:

You Do Yule at the Pass Member Holiday Park Takeover​

Nov 28–29, 7 pm–11 pm
Set your festive side free at the exclusive Pass Member Holiday Park Takeover. You’re invited to enjoy your favorite rides and experience our most popular seasonal festivities at this after-hours event! It’s the best way to get ahead of the holiday rush. Watch for your email invite or come back here to RSVP.

An advance online reservation is required for entry into this event. Space is limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Love it, more events like this USH

Great move. I've been saying that both Orlando and Hollywood need to find a way to introduce additional meet and greet spots/chambers for years. This rewards APs on some of the busiest days and should relieve some congestion at the main Whoville meet and greet.
Agreed

Wont happen but something like this for Mario/Luigi would be amazing as well (I know it wont happen)

But I love this and hope they do this more offend with meet and greets like this that get insane lines

Didn’t they have a Grinch photo op by the tram unload last year and it had significantly shorter waits but that was open to all guests? This is definitely a nice AP perk. I’ve seen 2+ hour waits in Universal Plaza. That’s insane just to snap a pic.

Didn’t they have a Grinch photo op by the tram unload last year and it had significantly shorter waits but that was open to all guests? This is definitely a nice AP perk. I’ve seen 2+ hour waits in Universal Plaza. That’s insane just to snap a pic.
He is like Jack and Sally, while most just want a picture.....many also talk to him for min's and it causes back up

I admit it's cute with kids but yeah it also backs the line up.

Universal Studios Hollywood is gearing up for their festive holiday celebrations with the 2023 Holidays just around the corner and Universal has shared a look at some of the food, drink, and merch available for this year.

READ MORE:

Question for those who have meet the Grinch

I've never done it but want to, if f I get there before par opening is the line under 30 mins or will I still have an hour plus wait?

Reactions: Freakenstein