Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2028 Summer Olympics

I'd be shocked if Universal and Disney weren't seriously thinking about adding another gate to their resorts.

I'd be shocked if Universal and Disney weren't seriously thinking about adding another gate to their resorts.

I honestly have to think Universal in particular will have a second gate. Even if it's a bit before the Olympics (as there seems to be the possibility of Los Angeles sharing the 2026 FIFA World Cup).

I think that they won't do enough business in those few weeks to pay for an additional gate. If they were already considering it, this might tip the scales. But they wouldn't build it just because the olympics are coming.

I think that they won't do enough business in those few weeks to pay for an additional gate. If they were already considering it, this might tip the scales. But they wouldn't build it just because the olympics are coming.

When you consider that once Super Nintendo World hits the Lower Lot, there won't be that much space; and that the only expansion pads on the upper lot are the current Tram Plaza, Animal Actors, SES, and Waterworld; they will need to find a new place to have a park. And that I also would think if they are planning on making Universal Studios Hollywood a resort destination; they will need more to do than one park and Citywalk.

Where the hell would they put a second park at USH?

I would think this would be the most likely,

moZQXmx.jpg

I would think this would be the most likely,

moZQXmx.jpg

I think they'd be out of their minds to build a second park on such a small and weird piece of land with no future expansion BUT perhaps a second gate somewhere not too far off property would be possible? I don't know what areas of the valley are open enough but I'm sure theres something...?

here come the golf course talks...

I think they'd be out of their minds to build a second park on such a small and weird piece of land with no future expansion BUT perhaps a second gate somewhere not too far off property would be possible? I don't know what areas of the valley are open enough but I'm sure theres something...?

here come the golf course talks...

I honestly don't think the Golf Course rumor will ever happen.

And that there was an IU article a while back that is actually telling, and it's something that I believe needs to be thought of more in consideration.

As for Disney, there is land for a third gate. Where, is a question; as there are a few plots they could do.

40 acres is more than reasonable size for an opening day 2nd gate. If they wanted to expand it would have to be another upper / lower lot situation like the Studio park.

40 acres is more than reasonable size for an opening day 2nd gate. If they wanted to expand it would have to be another upper / lower lot situation like the Studio park.

You mean USH GATE 2: Penis Park?

lolz now this could be awesome

Attachments

• penis park.png
    penis park.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
That would not be possible due to the fact that green area on the upper left is a mountain lol

That does not mean it's not possible. It's called terra-forming.
I had a backyard that was large but on a hill and it sloped down quite a bit. We terra-formed it and made the back yard much bigger. If I could do it, Uni can do it.

That does not mean it's not possible. It's called terra-forming.
I had a backyard that was large but on a hill and it sloped down quite a bit. We terra-formed it and made the back yard much bigger. If I could do it, Uni can do it.
Did the same. Now it's a couple of huge terraces like the Grand Hotel front lawn. Then a gentle sloping hill.

Isn't it one of the best decisions you ever made? It's amazing what can be done with a creative mind.
Yes, and it looks absolutely beautiful. I came up with the idea when I visited the Grand Hotel on Mackinaw Island,upper Michigan . When I was building my house I told my bulldozer contractor what to do. He thought I was crazy cause he said no one does it that way. When it was done, he loved it. I have 3 1/2 acres on a hill, and that was a good way to get huge level areas. ....On another note, in reference to your comment above, in many mountainous and hilly areas of rural China they make great use of terraces for farming, sometimes numerous terraces up the hill or mountain.