A 4th On-Site Hotel? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

A 4th On-Site Hotel?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While its only a matter of time before a value hotel is built, I have to wonder if those folks are confused with all the old Jaws rubble being broken down into filler. They are simply using that land for that and to most it would seem as if its actual construction for a hotel.

I think they're confused as well.

I think they're confused as well.

Ok, well seems there are some rumblings of site prep next door to the Royal Pacific and that the water way WILL NOT be expanded. I am still thinking there might be some confusion due to the concrete break down though. More as we find out!

Bump.

Someone at the MAGICal place is alleging that work has begun on this hotel.

I'm skeptical as I've seen no permits, and no one here has mentioned it.

ETA: Does anyone know if Universal City Builders would be involved in getting permits for the hotel, or would it be a separate entity/Loews?

As far as I understand it universal owns the land and structures but lowes manages the property and is owns the furnishings.

As far as I understand it universal owns the land and structures but lowes manages the property and is owns the furnishings.

You are correct sir, and I would be amazed if Lowes didn't run this one as well. Regardless of whether or not its a "value" hotel.

^ I think the term value could be used in many ways. I mean look at Disney's Art and Animation Resort. :shrug:

^ I completely agree but these resorts see value differently. Personally I think they should build a 2K room value resort where the most you pay during high demand times is $130 a night. I feel like if they were able to build 2-3K more (value or family) rooms onsite and connect it to an expanded Citywalk experience and top that with all the planned additions at both parks over the next 5 years you have yourself a tourist juggernaut.

A value resort of some type would be smart because it is a market Universal has not tapped into yet. If they can squeeze a money making Value Resort that offers location perks (and a few others if they take Express out) Then they would be able to profit off of tapping into that.

They would only really need two or so decent sized shuttles running back and forth like the other Onsite ones do now when it rains.

Whatever they decide to do, I hope it's managed by Loews. They know how to do service right.

I think there is a chance of it coming back. There was so much on the plate at the time too. Potter was the big talk among the company and they knew it was going to help them. There is always a chance for revival.

That huge screen by the pool would be fantastic. It would so put to shame the projector and 100"(?) screen they set up by the RP pool at night. The Cinema and Old Hollywood themes would definitely fit with UOR as well.

I could agree with 130 a night HATETOFLY. But if you take away Express Splatter it is just a Hotel on the property, Even Disney offers most perks to there Value hotels(early admission, after hours) Budget should just be less fancy rooms.

I could agree with 130 a night HATETOFLY. But if you take away Express Splatter it is just a Hotel on the property, Even Disney offers most perks to there Value hotels(early admission, after hours) Budget should just be less fancy rooms.

Rooms really aren't that fancy...
Less common areas also, every time I stayed at TRP I never went in the pool or did anything other than go to the parks. I did have breakfast at one of the resturaunts and will NEVER spend that kind of money again for that.
Oh yeah.... FREE PARKING would be nice!!!!!!!!!
No frills works fine for me, I am there for the parks and not much else. No express and I stay down the road where I can get a cab there and back for $5 more (and that is with a great tip) than the cost of parking at Uni.

It's not like their resorts fill up all the time. I don't see it.

They do more than steady business. I can think of multiple cases where I would try and book Hard Rock or Royal Pacific still over a month or two before the trip and they were booked. With the prices they charge that is amazing. So I would when I could afford it upgrade to the Port. There are times when that has been full too. Mind you this was all before Potter. Part of the reason their resorts do not fill up too is because of the premium pricing. Most families are not going to pay 200 plus bucks a night on average if they know they can just stay off site for 40 bucks or less a night. Or in some cases just add on another night to their Disney Value. It may not happen, but marketshare wise it would be good business to have a resort that is of more value to that audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.