Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
When I see the latest Antarctica video and pics........all I can think of is how far Disney has fallen behind their competitors........I mean we are talking SEA WORLD here!!! And that is not a knock on Sea World which I feel is a tremendous park and has stepped it up BIG TIME. I just think that Disney resting on their laurels will come back to bite them......sooner rather than later. Starting next summer.......Disney Parks fall to #3 in the must-see category as it concerns new rides/attractions.

The themeing of this ride is going to amazing! Sea World has improved their themed elements through leaps and bounds over the years. It started with the new Waterfront, then Manta, then Turtle Trek, now this! Also improving their shows over the years as well. Pretty stoked to ride this.

The themeing of this ride is going to amazing! Sea World has improved their themed elements through leaps and bounds over the years. It started with the new Waterfront, then Manta, then Turtle Trek, now this! Also improving their shows over the years as well. Pretty stoked to ride this.

True, I hope they keep this trend going. Now that they have added a family attraction it is time for another thrill ride or coaster.

Starting next summer.......Disney Parks fall to #3 in the must-see category as it concerns new rides/attractions.

Haha yeah actually last spring break when my family was in Orlando, we spent time at SeaWorld and Universal Orlando and only went to Downtown Disney to eat at a restaurant! :lol:

I think most people are vastly over estimating what 7DMT will be. Imagine Hippogriff level thrills with a quarter of BTMRR's themeing. I am pretty sure the Empire of the Penguins is going to blow 7DMT out of the water. I am hearing that it will be the most amazing family friendly dark ride in Orlando.

I think most people are vastly over estimating what 7DMT will be. Imagine Hippogriff level thrills with a quarter of BTMRR's themeing. I am pretty sure the Empire of the Penguins is going to blow 7DMT out of the water. I am hearing that it will be the most amazing family friendly dark ride in Orlando.

I can't even begin to explain how excited I am for this attraction. I love how Sea World is stepping up their game with ride immersion. Manta and now this. I hope they continue this streak of awesomeness.

SDMT on the otherhand...I really could care less. Not a fan of Big Thunder, probably won't be a fan of this.

Why for?:stunned:

Physical sets>screens. If I could only ride two of the new rides coming to Orlando, I would choose Transformers and SDMT. I can't wait when people realize how stupid they were for underestimating SDMT. I don't care how great this technology is, a good ride is a good ride.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't even begin to explain how excited I am for this attraction. I love how Sea World is stepping up their game with ride immersion. Manta and now this. I hope they continue this streak of awesomeness.

SDMT on the otherhand...I really could care less. Not a fan of Big Thunder, probably won't be a fan of this.

You lost me at not a fan of BTMR.

Last edited:
Physical sets>screens. If I could only ride two of the new rides coming to Orlando, I would choose Transformers and SDMT. I can't wait when people realize how stupid they were for underestimating SDMT. I don't care how great this technology is, a good ride is a good ride.

From what has been said, Empire of the Penguin will have massive physical sets around the ride vehicles. They described Empire of the Penguin as a first of it's kind dark ride that will have 360 degree, floor-to-ceiling "ice" rockwork. The screens that are in the attraction are necessary to tell the story of the baby penguin.

Soooo...would you say something like Peter Pan is better than Spiderman? Because one has physical sets and one has screens? And who's underestimating? We've seen mostly everything there is to the ride. We know what it will feature. And you don't care how great the technology is, but that's what makes a good ride a good ride! Nobody said SDMT will be bad. They just said Empire of the Penguin will be better. And saying "I can't wait when people realize how stupid they were" over THEIR OPINION is not the way to have a discussion.