Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Antojitos Coming to CityWalk (USH)

Got a survey from universal today asking questions about Antejitos and the menu. The menu is pretty much the same as Orlando. Looking forward to having a Mexican option again in City Walk.
Do we have an idea if the water is coming back? I always liked the outside of that restaurant because it had water...think its the only place on City near any kinda water now that the fake waves are gone.

I'm sure the Food will be good..but man the water was the best part...now its just a normal level area.

The reason I used to love City Walk was the unique kinda resultants they had but now with Saddle Ranch gone too, its like here its another restaurant you sit at and eat food..which you can do anywhere else but cheaper.
You'd think Universal would know by now atmosphere is a big part to people's enjoyment on things

Hoping its better than the cocina mexicana finally had that place because i heard good things but for the price the food is very mediocre and its really not hard to find good Mexican food near LA...s no clue how that place got green light to be so meh.

Hoping its better than the cocina mexicana finally had that place because i heard good things but for the price the food is very mediocre and its really not hard to find good Mexican food near LA...s no clue how that place got green light to be so meh.
Cocina Mexicana is terrible. Universal had the opportunity to add a good quick service mexican place and they put crappy food there. It is really not that hard to do people. Back on point I have high hopes for Antojitos.

I don't think Cocina Mexicana is that bad. I mean, pretty much always have lower standards for theme park food... and on that relative scale, I didn't think it was bad.

And I believe I said this before, but we ate at Antojitos in Orlando and found it... fine. Not great, not bad. Fun atmosphere, but only fair food. So I'd suggest lower your expectations, and you'll be fine. That said, while I support family owned businesses, I never thought the food at Camacho's was all that great... very "meh."

In any case, when asked at the door, they said it would open to the public on Aug 22. It's currently invitation only soft opening.

I don't think Cocina Mexicana is that bad. I mean, pretty much always have lower standards for theme park food... and on that relative scale, I didn't think it was bad.

And I believe I said this before, but we ate at Antojitos in Orlando and found it... fine. Not great, not bad. Fun atmosphere, but only fair food. So I'd suggest lower your expectations, and you'll be fine. That said, while I support family owned businesses, I never thought the food at Camacho's was all that great... very "meh."

In any case, when asked at the door, they said it would open to the public on Aug 22. It's currently invitation only soft opening.
Its bad for a common Food in LA

If your charging me around 15 bucks for Tacos they better be good at least...these were meh. It's why if I can I go to citywalk for food, its like maybe a couple of bucks more for a burger or something but it also tastes good.

It appears the water area is completely gone, and replaced with ground level patio seating.

What is the water area that is gone? If you are talking about the water/lights feature in front of Abercrombie and Fitch then it is still there, at least as of last night.

I'm surprised they would try this in Hollywood. This is barely passable as Mexican food in Orlando, but in CA with so much great Mexican food this is going to be at the bottom of the list very quickly if it's similar to the Orlando version.

What is the water area that is gone? If you are talking about the water/lights feature in front of Abercrombie and Fitch then it is still there, at least as of last night.

No, there was a sunken eating area at Camacho's. It was next to the "lily pad"-esque water effect, and water from it drained down along the wall as an extra water feature. When it was on, that is.
348s.jpg o.jpg

I'm surprised they would try this in Hollywood. This is barely passable as Mexican food in Orlando, but in CA with so much great Mexican food this is going to be at the bottom of the list very quickly if it's similar to the Orlando version.

Most Mexican food in Orlando is barely passable. Not the same demographic. If this place is bad, they'll get torn apart. Which is why I have very high expectations for the Hollywood version.

Last edited: