Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Any Ideas for HHN 2014?

Jul 7, 2012
United States
I'm going to open a HHN 2014 Idea thread

Mazes I want:

Castleminer Z

The Purge

Resident Evil

Final Destination

The Walking Dead

Black Sabbath 13 3D

Scare Zones

The Purge

Resident Evil

Walking Dead

Insidious

Terror Tram: Invaded by Castleminer Z

Show: a crossover of Fear Factor Live and Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure

Ok. i gotta admit this is a little early but i want to share my ideas of next year as you know potter. i'd say we're not going to see the metro mazes leaving. thats due to maze location removals. I am hoping they can add a new maze location and remove el cucys location that i would love to see another maze in metro sets as i think they could expand the area of a scarezone and add the new maze location near the street with the triangle. i forgot what it was called. Now returning mazes, I do see walking dead returning with no doubt as it is still the most popular. Black sabbath is a 50/50 take but i'm going to say no. I am going to say though i don't want any more refurbs in HOH. just make it HOH with more scareactors. now El cucuy i have no doubt that will go to orlando. Finally, could Insidious/Evil dead return. i think only 1 house can stay and i'm going to say Insidious. i have been hearing its popular and it should stay. Evil dead I loved the movie but i don't think the maze looks that good. now that said what new propertys would i like. Well.... I atleast want 2 to 3 mazes that are "original" with no music icon. i know thats asking for to much but cmon that would be cool. one movie maze i'd love is actauly a maze that might come here. Cabin in the woods. I love this movie and i heard orlando is one of the best mazes at HHN Orlando in a long time so i hope this comes to hollywood. now the next would be the last but my idea but have Bioshock or Outlast. I love both these games as it brings this bizzare feel with alot of rooms and it really is cool.  Now that said. I want a icon. I miss icons and we NEED to have one back and i have a idea. What if and what if.... as they never revealed what did hollywood get. Could the thing be for next year like a icon. this really i should get brought up as i think that could be the hopefull thing and terror tram if this icon is happening. I think if there is a icon he will HAVE to be at the tram and a scarezone. now on shows.... I'm sorry but mabye move Bill and Ted to waterworld and put in the castle theater and i hope this doesn't get me hate comments but I want rocky horror picture show there. I think this could be the difinitive area if they bring it back as the tribute in 2009 was the best show in HHN history. even better than Bill and ted, even better than slaughterworld, even better than chucky insult emporium. I honestly think if theres one show to move Bill and ted. its rocky horror. Now that concludes my thoughts on HHN 2014 Hopes and can we merge this thread.

EDIT: i decided i'm going to put them all in catagories shown below

Mazes

1) Amc The Walking Dead: No place to hide - Based on season 4 of AMC the walking dead come back to exprience season 4 all over again.

2) Cabin in the Woods - Experience a live recreation of the film that ripped the horror genre inside out. Beneath the cabin’s rustic appearance lies a secret facility that unleashes terrifying beings that you thought only existed in nightmares.

3) Insidious: Through the further - Exprience The further again and see scenes from Insidious: Chapter 3. (I'm calling the new insidious chapter 3)

4) House Of Horrors - Get ready to scream your head off at House of Horrors.

5) El dorado - Based on the Spanish legend, Come to the golden city of El dorado and you'll find more than Gold.

6) Fate meets the odds - Come face to face with the fourtne teller in her 3-D house that will make you're destiny certain by the Fourtne teller

Scarezones

1) Fate meets Doom (Park Entry & New york street)

2) ScareCrows (new location at Baker street)

3) Bloodsuckers (French street)

4) The lair (Lower Lot)

5) The walking dead (Metro Sets)

Shows

1) Bill and teds slaughtered adventure ( Waterworld)

2) Rocky Horror Picture Show: A Tribute (Castle theater)

Rides

1) Transformers: The ride 3-D

2) Jurassic park in the dark

3) Revenge Of the Mummy

4) The Simpsons Ride

5) Despicable Me: Minion Meyhem

6) Spinner ride

7) Shrek 4-D

Terror Tram

Terror tram: The curse of The fourtne teller - Come face to face with the Fourtne teller in the backlot and try to survive Her powers

Tagline - Careful on Destiny

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm putting money in this line-up for next year.

1. Dracula Untold - Universal is releasing a reboot of Dracula next year around Halloween time, they're all about corporate synergy. I think we could be seeing this theme on both coasts.

2. Resident Evil - Despite being of the least popular mazes in Orlando, the expensive Universal/Capcom contract ends after next Halloween season, I can see the executives pushing that theme a bit on Murdy to milk it. We'll be seeing RE in one form or another in Hollywood next year, i'd easily put money on it. Plus RE6 comes out Sept. 14, 2014.

3. American Werewolf in London - This maze is being regarded as one of Universal's best ever in FL. (not to start throwing rumors around but, I even heard that Murdy is planning a treatment already for AWIL-Hollywood but the final say is on John Landis's approval or not.)

4. The Walking Dead: Season 4 Maze - There is no reason why they wouldn't have TWE back, it's the most popular maze at USH right now.

5. Universal Monsters Remix: Evolution - What else are they going to do with HoH?

Possible 2014 - 6th spot based on 2014 Horror Movies.

Frankenstein

Night of the Living Dead: Origins 3D

Friday the 13th Part XIII: Jason Vs. Jarvis in 3D

Insidious 3

Paranormal Activity 4, 5 (both being released next year)

That's my 2014 prediction.

My maze line up for 2014

Resident Evil: Escape from Raccoon City/ Dead Space: Make us whole

American Werewolf In London: Fear by Moonlight

Insidious Chapter 3

Sleepy Hollow: Apocalypse Rising

Trick r' Treat

Gothic Universal monsters: A return to the classic monsters with more of a dark foreboding atmosphere in the HOH.

Terror Tram: S4 Walking Dead, Walking dead fits well with the terror tram environments and was great this year. No maze return though.

More scare zones around the park would be great. 

I forgot to mention in the video cast, but even I see the props being recycled. The decor for cirque du clownz was the same stuff from freakz a few years ago. Stuff from chucky was used in the backlot two years ago, like the ice cream truck. Ditto for the zombie clown dolls and skeletons, I've seen them all over the upper lot before. If even I notice it, there's a damn problem.

I agree with you, as a long time fan you do notice these reused props and it does get bothersome. For example both times in the Black Sabbath I get to the Asylum and my eyes instantly go to the Saw maze box prop. It's unfortunate because I did enjoy the maze but it sucked to be taken out of ambiance because I recognized a re-used prop. At some point HHN has to have and Bruce put this well, a "HHN Garage Sale".

I agree with you, as a long time fan you do notice these reused props and it does get bothersome. For example both times in the Black Sabbath I get to the Asylum and my eyes instantly go to the Saw maze box prop. It's unfortunate because I did enjoy the maze but it sucked to be taken out of ambiance because I recognized a re-used prop. At some point HHN has to have and Bruce put this well, a "HHN Garage Sale".
I have to wonder whether or not most guests recognize reused props or rooms. It's one for fans to notice things, but everyday guests? Then you start having a problem.

Even I have to admit that the event is getting all-too familiar. I get that having a door with a strobe light is a great effect, but it gets extremely tiresome after all the mazes use this technique. Who knows, maybe we're in the minority, but you can actually start predicting where scares are going to occur.

I have to wonder whether or not most guests recognize reused props or rooms. It's one for fans to notice things, but everyday guests? Then you start having a problem.

Even I have to admit that the event is getting all-too familiar. I get that having a door with a strobe light is a great effect, but it gets extremely tiresome after all the mazes use this technique. Who knows, maybe we're in the minority, but you can actually start predicting where scares are going to occur.
I agree completely Jon, from past experience I know where to look for every scare area in a maze and even though it will make me jump once in a while, it's still familiar territory. Don't get me wrong I love the event to bits but some of the scare tactics need to be upgraded for new experiences. Not just for returning veterans of the event but new people as well. Even my friend commented after exiting the Insidious maze that one of the scare actors (Long haired fiend #2) used a shaky can to scare and that was his only complaint. There needs to be a new strategy implemented by universal"s scare school once the maze layouts are finalized, to plan new and inventive scares.

It's a shame Hollywood faces so many regulatory and safety restrictions. I'm guessing they've wanted to borrow some of Florida's technique for a while now, but the budgeting/space/safety issues probably prevent them from doing so.

I was looking at Florida's maze experiences the other day and they had actors hidden in trap doors located beneath the floors. I don't think Hollywood could ever pull that off.

It's a shame Hollywood faces so many regulatory and safety restrictions. I'm guessing they've wanted to borrow some of Florida's technique for a while now, but the budgeting/space/safety issues probably prevent them from doing so.

I was looking at Florida's maze experiences the other day and they had actors hidden in trap doors located beneath the floors. I don't think Hollywood could ever pull that off.
I agree once again, especially since 90% of our mazes are outside tarp structures. It would be quite difficult to pull of the tricks that Orlando performs due to space.

Has anyone ever thought of a upcharge maze. I mean like they could do something like traped or better Delusion. It could go in the persian courtyard and would work.

Just to throw out a few things that have I've overheard..

El Cucuy

WD

American Werewolf-Hollywood wants it, now they have to get Landis on board! 

Resident Evil (Movies not games) RE6 launches in September 2014

Poltergeist or Paranormal Activity depending on rights acquisitions

Dracula

Frankenstein