Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Any Ideas for HHN 2014?

My friend brought his girlfriend this past weekend. He hasn't been since 2010 and he even said it all looked familiar and he remembered it all being the same, so I'm sure most people who go on a yearly or every 2 years notice it.

My friend brought his girlfriend this past weekend. He hasn't been since 2010 and he even said it all looked familiar and he remembered it all being the same, so I'm sure most people who go on a yearly or every 2 years notice it.
Yep, that is a major criticism this year. The event has become 'static'. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw them try to spice things up next year, maybe even bring back the concept for an HHN-Icon.

I do personally miss the idea of having an Icon, like The Director, Jack or even Jason, Leatherface and Freddy. Next year if they do Trick r' Treat they could easily use Sam as an Icon.

I thought the Director was such a creative concept. I remember the marketing was quite heavy during that year as well. They had videos detailing his crimes and history and promo ads with The Director. Speaking of marketing, has anybody else noticed how it seems much less effort is put into the "behind the screams" videos, detailing the construction and concepts of the mazes? Also, the annual short horror film competitions seemed to have disappeared.

I'm really wondering if budgets have been cut, or if maybe budgets had to be spent in other places (more elaborate mazes, renting backlot space).

I thought the Director was such a creative concept. I remember the marketing was quite heavy during that year as well. They had videos detailing his crimes and history and promo ads with The Director. Speaking of marketing, has anybody else noticed how it seems much less effort is put into the "behind the screams" videos, detailing the construction and concepts of the mazes? Also, the annual short horror film competitions seemed to have disappeared.

I'm really wondering if budgets have been cut, or if maybe budgets had to be spent in other places (more elaborate mazes, renting backlot space).
I agree, the behind the screams have been disappointing this year. I really wanted to see the making of the Insidious maze and Evil Dead mazes. So far the only one that has been somewhat interesting has been El Cucuy.

Like I said,a CastleMiner Z maze for House of Horrors

I can do this:

sneakpreview.jpg

Mashed up with this:

castle-miner-z.png

P.S Can you do a picture of the House of Horrors at night turned into CastleMiner Z

Picture:

castle-miner-z.png

Damien, That will never happen as its not really scary. heck i call it a ripoff of minecraft. What a good video game maze would be is Bioshock 1 & 2. Reason is that is actualy scary. That or dead space. Same reason for Dead Space.

If Despicable me is open maybe we will regain that area for a maze. I think Terror Tram needs to host a maze to change things up and cut down on other wait times. Id love to see The Rocky Horror Picture Show make a return. It was really well done. NEW PROPS!! Redesign the NY Street entrance look. The empty shipping containers are getting old. Put more effort into the viral marketing.

If Despicable me is open maybe we will regain that area for a maze. I think Terror Tram needs to host a maze to change things up and cut down on other wait times. Id love to see The Rocky Horror Picture Show make a return. It was really well done. NEW PROPS!! Redesign the NY Street entrance look. The empty shipping containers are getting old. Put more effort into the viral marketing.
I don't think they'd shut down Minion Mayhem in favor for a maze. It'll be USH's newest attraction, so they'll use it as just another crowd eater.

They wouldn't need to shut the ride down depending on how much open space is out around the building. I do agree it is unlikely but still a possibility if absolutely needed, especially since construction will still be happening by next year. Hell, if Bill and Ted is gone for good Castle Theater could host a maze as it did in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
They wouldn't need to shut the ride down depending on how much open space is out around the building. I do agree it is unlikely but still a possibility if absolutely needed, especially since construction will still be happening by next year. Hell, if Bill and Ted is gone for good Castle Theater could host a maze as it did in the past.
They could also host a maze in SSFL while keeping Minion Mayhem operating. No need for a flat ride and some playgrounds to be open during HHN!

My wish list for HHN 14:

An American werewolf in London

Cabin in the woods

Maze based on a scary video game: resident evil, dead space, last of us

No more universal monsters resurrection or music/rockstar mazes

Sci-fi maze: alien, predator, thing, Prometheus

Return of purge scare zone

Return of Chucky's insult emporium

Treehouse of horrors Simpsons overlay

Return of Insidious

To get people of the streets and make maze lines shorter:

Return of King Kong 360 3d skull island express

Return of slaughterworld (people eater)

Show in animal actors theatre

4d horror show in shrek or just keep shrek open

Return of rocky horror picture show

Show in globe theatre?

They could also host a maze in SSFL while keeping Minion Mayhem operating. No need for a flat ride and some playgrounds to be open during HHN!
That's what I was getting at. Or the maze could be on the back or side of MM (if space permits and doesn't effect operation) and use SSFL as queue, similar to how the mazes used to be placed.

My wish list for HHN 14:

An American werewolf in London

Cabin in the woods

Maze based on a scary video game: resident evil, dead space, last of us

No more universal monsters resurrection or music/rockstar mazes

Sci-fi maze: alien, predator, thing, Prometheus

Return of purge scare zone

Return of Chucky's insult emporium

Treehouse of horrors Simpsons overlay

Return of Insidious

To get people of the streets and make maze lines shorter:

Return of King Kong 360 3d skull island express

Return of slaughterworld (people eater)

Show in animal actors theatre

4d horror show in shrek or just keep shrek open

Return of rocky horror picture show

Show in globe theatre?
The early run of HHN used to have a Freak Show. Maybe that could return (Animal Actors), although nearly all haunts have one of those now. Just keep in mind, the more attractions and shows running means the more staff required, which means a higher budget. Budget is probably the reason we don't have things like Slaughterworld anymore.

Here's my HHN 2014 Wishlist thus far (most of these are listed by Bonkers!):

• An American Werewolf in London
  • Insidious maze based on the final film
  • The Walking Dead maze based on latest season (maybe 3rd time's the charm?)
  • overlay of House of Horrors
  • maze centered around another urban legend (possibly a return of El Cucuy)
  • maze based on horror video game
  • Treehouse of Horrors scarezone/overlay
  • return of The Purge: Survive the Night
  • return of Bill & Ted (or an equally good show)
  • oceanic-based maze in the Waterworld area (something about the unknown depths of the ocean just seems spooky to me)
  • possible return of Kong Express

Ok. If anyones been playing LT then you know Level 3. I'm not going into it more tonight besides her final video.
Paige silverton was PS and i think something more darker is coming to HHN. What i believe is there is something off about both hollywood and orlando events this year. the switch. We still don't know what hollywood got in return of switching La Llorona for something from hollywood to orlando but nothing for hollywood. My hunch is this. What if Horror unearthed was hiding somewhere in hollywood. Somewhere we would find unfindable. and this idea i have is universal hollywoods start to the paranormal this year. and we saw that hollywood also did The VIP Insidious exprience. This hunch would leave me of LT playing not only a big part for orlando. But also at hollywood. Tieing up LT and it would make sense. With paranormal mazes in hollywood starting LT would be perfect to start it and would bring a story that would be unforgetable. I don't know what might happen but i'll be watching closely.....

I'd love to see an interactive separate admission maze located in State 28. Being able to walk through that history-rich sound stage would be worth the admission alone. Perhaps the set up could play into the fact that the stage is supposed to be haunted. (Examples: Current horror movie shooting in the stage- all cast and crew found murdered., seance of Lon Chaney gone wrong., "Man of 1000 Faces" utilizing some of Lon Chaneys most famous looks).

I've actauly been thinking of that to. now onto another idea that could go well for not only your idea bruce but also something to bring LT to hollywood. Now as you would see i made a speculation of wanting a icon. That icon would be the first female icon but she is called The Fortune Teller. Now first i'll go into the possible story for LT to come to hollywood and getting online games. Now as Legendary Truth is still investigating alot of orlandos story like the father mystery, But then recently something has sturred in the backlot and the famous Stage 28 stages which Legendary Truth will have to investigate as it also helps on orlandos story so far. Now for The Fortune Teller. In the year 2010 during the time of Fears arrival in orlando and the disapearance of the 5 missing teenagers and suprisingly if you remember Cindy the lost icon The Fortune Teller is actauly a Friend of Cindy. Even to the point where Cindy letted her live. So during the time of 21 Fortune Teller founded Lady Luck and Lady Luck trained Fortune teller due to Fortune Teller suprisingly was the only one that ever beated the house so Luck trained her and then here we are in 2014 to where she has casted a fate spell to be appearing at not only Hollywood but Orlando as not only Teller has plans but Luck and Cindy even has even larger plans. now how does this lead into the seprate admission maze. well first story. Teller wants to find a place in Hollywood to awake the spirits of the lost Chaney Sr. as she wants to use him for the Tram and as she is star on tram she has the help of the lost Chaney Sr. Now so she picks the most famous place Soundstage 28 which she casts a spell and this gets LT's attention causing a small investigation and making it allowed for trainee members of LT. now if your listening redsteel please make a video of this as this really could be interesting as it would tie in our state-side events in a way we haven't seen before. now that said. Give a opinion as this and i'm sorry for making this to freaking long but it has a good try for it.

Update: 11/15/13

ok so john has said theres 10 ip based mazes in talks. sure we don't know what they are but heres the rundown

Games: 4

Movies: 10

old movies: 8

Music artists: 3

and then just general: 3 aswell...

seems interesting.

10 possibilities for 2014 movie based mazes. As far as I know there are only 9 horror movies for 2014.

1.Paranormal Activity: the Marked Ones

2.Devil's Due

3.I, Frankenstein

4.The Quiet Ones

5.Beware the Night

6.Jessabelle

7.Resident Evil 6

8.Dracula Untold

9.Paranormal Activity 5

10.?

Last edited by a moderator: