Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Any Ideas for HHN 2014?

no. Even skybound said no on that. and cmon there wasn't much in season IV
Skybound Entertainment has no direct interaction with AMC affairs on their iteration of The Walking Dead. Unless an AMC executive says the I.P isn't coming I wouldn't rule it out for Hollywood's event.

SPOILERS ahead for those who haven't watched Season 4:

There are several key scenes I watched over the course of the season where I thought to myself, "That'd be so cool to see in a HHN maze." Locations like the destroyed prison, the grove, and Terminus would be interesting. They could scatter tons of iconic things throughout; Hershel's reanimated/decapitated head, Karen and David's scorched bodies, Abraham's military truck, the train box car in the season finale.. If you haven't watched Season 4 or haven't even watched the show in general, you're probably a bit weirded out right about now. Anyway...

End of SPOILERS.

Sure, there'll come a time where we no longer see The Walking Dead at HHN. I still, however, think there's still some material they could wring out in one last maze. As for The Purge... Wouldn't surprise me. This new sequel seems pretty highly anticipated.

What about the Telltale game counterparts of TWD. they have Vast landscapes from the Ski lodge (Season II),

Mall strip (Season II), Savvanah (Season I), Macon (Season I), the Farm (Season I), The hotel (Season I). And hell, even going

back to Hershels (Season I). They already have the walkers, they also have Humans fighting like Bandits, Carver. It'd actauly

work with this still going on and they wait every now and then but They can use this and have not been using it. Hell, in the

Comics, a certain little character is big on a death of a Major character in the prision times too. And the

Gas Station too (400 Days episode) with the Corn fields, and the Swamplands in the fog. You have many locations, you have the

walkers, and you have Human conflicts too. It would be a big house to do with a vast amount of locations so why haven't they

used it as its a gold mine?

Last edited by a moderator:
It'd work. If the AMC show isn't doing as well, then they can use these other things. It'd fit the criteria of maze rules for HHN on vast locations, Characters, and the killer *walkers*. They don't really need to change the makeup and just keep what they're doing with AMC make up but have these new locations. It'd also have some fresh take for a public as it would get more people interested with the game and look into it.

Criteria isn't the only necessity for a HHN attraction; familiarity is the sole reason a maze is even considered. Guests aren't going to want to experience an attraction they don't have interest in or aren't familiar with, which is just the way it works, unfortunately.

Lemme tell ya, AMC's show is doing just fine.

What about the Telltale game counterparts of TWD. they have Vast landscapes from the Ski lodge (Season II),

Mall strip (Season II), Savvanah (Season I), Macon (Season I), the Farm (Season I), The hotel (Season I). And hell, even going

back to Hershels (Season I). They already have the walkers, they also have Humans fighting like Bandits, Carver. It'd actauly

work with this still going on and they wait every now and then but They can use this and have not been using it. Hell, in the

Comics, a certain little character is big on a death of a Major character in the prision times too. And the

Gas Station too (400 Days episode) with the Corn fields, and the Swamplands in the fog. You have many locations, you have the

walkers, and you have Human conflicts too. It would be a big house to do with a vast amount of locations so why haven't they

I watch the show on a regular basis and even I don't know what half of these are, so I see why they stick to what the general audiences know. 

As great as Telltale's The Walking Dead is (Season 1 and 2) and I mean it is freaking great, not many of the TV fans watch/play it. It's a shame becuase it's easily the best iteration of TWD. The writing of the Show doesn't even compare to Telltale's The Walking Dead. But what it all boils down to is awareness and if they did a maze based on that a lot of people are going to say "I don't remember this from the TV show." 

I watch the show on a regular basis and even I don't know what half of these are, so I see why they stick to what the general audiences know.
These are locations found in the video game counterparts created by Telltale Games. They have no relation to the television show, they're more like interactive spin-offs of the comics.

I was wondering about the current state of the sound stage behind courthouse square. Any possibility that building could house a nice large maze in that space? That might be a good space on the backlot for an extra house.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering about the current state of the sound stage behind courthouse square. Any possibility that building could house a nice large maze in that space? That might be a good space on the backlot for an extra house.
Great observation! Unfortunately I have no knowledge of what it's being used for nowadays (I'll look for a stage number next time I'm there and do some digging). It would be a perfect location for a third house back there.

It'd be possible, but also a little worrisome. If they got the GP anywhere near that Courthouse Square area, people are gonna try to sneak off to it like crazy. If you figure in the idea that Universal may be looking to do something with it next year, there's no way they're going to risk possible vandalism. Honestly I'm still surprised they let people into that backlot last year even though it was really the only way to go. I left about two weeks into the event, and already heard of at least one trespasser case by then. Can't imagine how many happened later on in the month.

It'd be possible, but also a little worrisome. If they got the GP anywhere near that Courthouse Square area, people are gonna try to sneak off to it like crazy. If you figure in the idea that Universal may be looking to do something with it next year, there's no way they're going to risk possible vandalism. Honestly I'm still surprised they let people into that backlot last year even though it was really the only way to go. I left about two weeks into the event, and already heard of at least one trespasser case by then. Can't imagine how many happened later on in the month.
Security trucks were heading to the backlot quite frequently, I also heard a lot of radio talk about backlot problems.