Area15 Orlando (Opens 2024) | Inside Universal Forums

Area15 Orlando (Opens 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Aug 17, 2009
Last edited:
Very interested to see where this leads. I've wanted to go to the western Meow Wolf's for awhile but this might be way easier in the long run. Hope they bring Omega Mart with them.

It looks like Meow Wolf will likely be coming to Orlando.

I would have loved to have seen Universal partner with them

But after going to the Vegas one I can safely say....the site is MASSIVE....Just Omega Mart alone is crazy large

Reactions: SeventyOne
Hope they bring Omega Mart with them.

Given the installations of the initial starting location in Santa Fe, Area15 in Vegas, and the standalone Convergence and Kaleidoscope in Denver; I have to assume whatever the theme is for Meow Wolf--it will not repurpose an overall theme from any other location for MWO. Assuming, it is moving forward and happening with Area 15 Orlando.

I think there are a few options they could play with. The most obvious being a "Theme park" spoof, with a dark ride along that of Kaleidoscope as part of the packaging alongside various areas. If it's larger than Omega Mart, then I can see them trying to do another dark ride again with the Orlando area.

Meow Wolf in a state with laws prohibiting marijuana? No thanks.
But you have migraines, right? ;)

I'm interested to see how it does - I was very pessimistic about Vegas working because it's in an... odd... location that I would never visit off of the Strip, but it's obviously done very well there in light of competition from everything on the Strip/downtown.

I want something new and uniquely them. I give them my full trust.

Double same, there's a lot of fun potential for an Orlando installation. Plus, some biting overt and underlying commentary which can only be achieved by a standalone location and not in one of the theme park entertainment districts.

Wonderful news. Going to change the thread to be Area15 related so it can encompass more than just MW.

Good idea, especially since it should be noted that Area15 being confirmed does NOT mean a Meow Wolf installation is confirmed. Both are separate companies, and Meow Wolf is a tenant in the Vegas location. So, until it's officially announced that MW has a tenancy for the A15's Orlando location, it's not a lock just yet.

It looks/sounds to me like a Meow Wolf knock off. Wouldn't be surprised if John Morgan is behind this. He's been doing more and more real estate/business investments-- he's part of the new Guy Fieri Flavortown restaurant/FEC in Pigeon Forge. He owns Wonder Works which was a rip off of Ripley's, it makes sense he'd also get in on a rip off of Meow Wolf, and he's a big legalize pot advocate...

It looks/sounds to me like a Meow Wolf knock off. Wouldn't be surprised if John Morgan is behind this. He's been doing more and more real estate/business investments-- he's part of the new Guy Fieri Flavortown restaurant/FEC in Pigeon Forge. He owns Wonder Works which was a rip off of Ripley's, it makes sense he'd also get in on a rip off of Meow Wolf, and he's a big legalize pot advocate...

How’s it a knock of if the Vegas one literally has a Meow Wolf installation in it?!???

CEO of Flavortown and legal weed? Gimme something to dislike about this guy!

How’s it a knock of if the Vegas one literally has a Meow Wolf installation in it?!???
Knock off if they just do the same thing but copying the Meow Wolf idea. They might do the same thing as Vegas WITH Meow Wolf, but they could just as easily knock it off and save money.

Knock off if they just do the same thing but copying the Meow Wolf idea. They might do the same thing as Vegas WITH Meow Wolf, but they could just as easily knock it off and save money.
Knocking it off isn't a great long-term business plan when your only other location is anchored by the people you'd be knocking off. They'd more than likely continue their partnership