Avatar coming to DCA | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't think they specified how quickly they would get dirt moving on this, but I have to think preferably they would want this to open by late 2029 at the latest to cross-promote with Avatar 4.
Makes sense, but that's assuming Avatar 4 sticks to it's planned release date - which no Avatar movie ever has(!)

More reasons to be happy - Grizzly Peak stays :)

Avatar 4 has already moved multiple times so it already hasn't stuck to it's release date :lol:
LOL yep, I meant the 'latest' one.

This & Coco definitely have me most excited, I wonder if they could turbo charge and get it open for the Olympics? Probably not but I can dream!

Reactions: Mad Dog
I'm guessing by the time grand opening rolls around the sea will have risen to fill in the back?

av2land.png

Joking aside this looks good! It's nice to know we're not getting a repeat land in terms of design. The ring structure is going to look amazing. The model for it would be a cool collector's item to purchase. It would look lame as an actual table top fountain though.

I wonder if they would've done an underwater ride were it not for already having a submarine ride nearby? My second guess would be capacity issues with that system. Not many boat rides look pleasant below the waterline so that alone will be a nice addition.

av2wateraas.png

Robotic school of fish creatures? :D

Is this the only ride? I see Satu'li Canteen over there, but i'm more expecting a second experience here to be a walkthrough or something.
My guess is a second ride but they may not yet have settled on what it will be. I think some kind of walk through or meet a Banshee (Like Raptor encounter) too.
av2landwalk.png
Can't really see anything in the concept but the model does appear they're toying with the idea of letting us walk through caves near the waterfall. Interactive things might be in there and protected from the elements. Views from the elevated paths looking back over the land are going to be beautiful.

Obviously conceptual but this looks like it could be some kind of meet and greet area? Signage or artistic flare, maybe too early to call it.

possiblemeet.png