Avatar in Disneyland | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Avatar replacing Grizzly peak would screw with the placement of the Great Cali. That is why I am skeptical of Avatar taking over GP. Micechat, probably a much more reliable source of info than where those CMs heard that, claims Avatar will replace Hollywoodland. Hollywood land is by far the weakest area at DLR and it makes sense they would want to address that before touching the Simba lot for DL forward. But depending on what their plans are, maybe Avatar does go into the Simba lot.
While I do not think Hollywood Land will stick around forever, I don't think know if Avatar would work in that location. That would be a very difficult transition from Buena Vista Street, and they would have to remove the Red Car Trolley to make that happen.

While I do not think Hollywood Land will stick around forever, I don't think know if Avatar would work in that location. That would be a very difficult transition from Buena Vista Street, and they would have to remove the Red Car Trolley to make that happen.
Plus if you look closely at DCA's concept art you can see an area in the Simba lot that has mountains and other looking elements like a Pandora.

But in the case it did take over Hollywoodland, Avatar would more than likely just take over the backlot section and spare the boulevard with the red car trolleys, animation building, Disney Junior dance show, and Hyperion theater whenever they decide to put a production back in there.

Avatar replacing Grizzly peak would screw with the placement of the Great Cali. That is why I am skeptical of Avatar taking over GP. Micechat, probably a much more reliable source of info than where those CMs heard that, claims Avatar will replace Hollywoodland. Hollywood land is by far the weakest area at DLR and it makes sense they would want to address that before touching the Simba lot for DL forward. But depending on what their plans are, maybe Avatar does go into the Simba lot.

How likely would it be that come D23 2024 once DL forward gets approved in April-May, that more details are revealed about what exactly this Avatar experience for DLR is, including location on where they are putting it?
Errrrr I don't think Disney cares about the hotel theme you could keep the trees around the hotel and make it work if they wanted but i agree Hollywood is where it should go...or Disney Forward area but I think Hollywood just makes sense especially if they can take the old bus loading zone behind DCA. There is enough room for Flight of Passage and some sort of second attraction and restaurant in Hollywood and still keep the theater for live shows and it can be put into Marvel land since GOTG is apart of that land anyway

If they use the old Bus loading Zone, the two empty building buildings of Millionaire and the Tron arcade along with Monsters Inc and Philharmagic plus the little stage they have its plenty of room for Flight of Passage, a second attraction, a restaurant and meet and greet area

They could then retheme the street next to it as Hollywood Blvd if they need to for themeing. They can make it where the human base is the themeing for the area as you enter it then have the green tree's behind that

I think they could relatively easily turn Grizzly Peak, which is already naturalist themed, into a Pandora-themed area — including the hotel. I would hate this, personally, so I hope they feel differently.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I think they could relatively easily turn Grizzly Peak, which is already naturalist themed, into a Pandora-themed area — including the hotel. I would hate this, personally, so I hope they feel differently.
I mean the hotel could be you on the Planet and the Earthlings wanted a resort to bring something from home to the planet....so yes it can be done but Hollywood just makes more sense but we will find out hopefully bu August

Remove Autopia/Subs, re-route the Monorail, and give me an all-indoor day-for-night Pandora land in DL proper. Connect it so you could walk from Small World to Tomorrowland around the back of Matterhorn. Done.

Reactions: belloq87 and Freak
Remove Autopia/Subs, re-route the Monorail, and give me an all-indoor day-for-night Pandora land in DL proper. Connect it so you could walk from Small World to Tomorrowland around the back of Matterhorn. Done.
Or make a Way of Water-style Pandora land where you can have multiple levels of shops/eateries and then convert the sun ride to a Pandora Submarine ride. Build the eateries and bridges over the sub show building.

Reactions: belloq87
Or make a Way of Water-style Pandora land where you can have multiple levels of shops/eateries and then convert the sun ride to a Pandora Submarine ride. Build the eateries and bridges over the sub show building.

I'm not an Avatar person at all, but honest to god, making our coast's Pandora land based on the ocean culture of Way of Water rather than just cloning Animal Kingdom's would be genius. Hell, with this idea that Avatar 3 is going to have fire people, they could then make a Pandora land based on that at one of the other parks around the world. Kind of emulate the idea of Avatar's own vision of Pandora, spreading/representing the different cultures and experiences across multiple parks around our globe. It gives people even more reason to travel to different parks when they know they'll be getting a wholly unique Pandora experience from one park to another rather than just another (and potentially lesser) clone.

I think we could see a new Avatar Land....but I'm also not holding my breathe. While Mickey ride is great, its a clone, Splash redo, Spiderman web Slingers.....so yeah in recent years they haven't seen to want to do things that are really that costly

Adventureland Tree house...no joke feels like the most imagination and freedom that the Imagneers have had in a longggggg time

But this is also Disneyland and we did get a better Q for Mickey, new effects on Indy recently and other random fun updates so maybe if Iger is willing to spend money we could see a new land based on avatar.....as long as we get a small section of Forest that glows then I'm good thats all I need from WDW version

I mean, I think it would be far more creative and interesting to just plop Frozen Land there. Would Frozen "work" better with Fantasyland? It would sure work with the aesthetic, but waiting all of that time and wasting all of that precious space for an underwhelming boat ride would be a crying shame. I'm hoping Disney does something similar to what I proposed in the future because I think it would maximize the space and give us something interesting! You can squeeze a highly sought-after E-ticket and a D-ticket underneath.
I think the Frozen ride hate is just online....everyone I know who has been on WDW ride which is the worst version liked if not loved it

I would not be against Disneyland making an updated version of the ride or making a Frozen 1/2 ride where we get into the Unknown as a part of the ride but yeah once again Iger needs to push to have bigger budgets in the parks. They make all this money from the parks then over spend on movies and shows no one watches...over spend on the parks people go to daily and spend 150+ bucks to get in

Reactions: Jake S and belloq87
I'm not an Avatar person at all, but honest to god, making our coast's Pandora land based on the ocean culture of Way of Water rather than just cloning Animal Kingdom's would be genius. Hell, with this idea that Avatar 3 is going to have fire people, they could then make a Pandora land based on that at one of the other parks around the world. Kind of emulate the idea of Avatar's own vision of Pandora, spreading/representing the different cultures and experiences across multiple parks around our globe. It gives people even more reason to travel to different parks when they know they'll be getting a wholly unique Pandora experience from one park to another rather than just another (and potentially lesser) clone.
I mean, I think it would be far more creative and interesting to just plop Frozen Land there. Would Frozen "work" better with Fantasyland? It would sure work with the aesthetic, but waiting all of that time and wasting all of that precious space for an underwhelming boat ride would be a crying shame. I'm hoping Disney does something similar to what I proposed in the future because I think it would maximize the space and give us something interesting! You can squeeze a highly sought-after E-ticket and a D-ticket underneath.

Adventureland Tree house...no joke feels like the most imagination and freedom that the Imagneers have had in a longggggg time
I think you need to cut the Adventureland Treehouse some slack here. It's supposed to be a callback to the Swiss Family Treehouse. The purpose of the redo was to go back to its roots.

Speaking of which, I still haven't seen it yet! Hopefully will be able to go back in May!

I think you need to cut the Adventureland Treehouse some slack here. It's supposed to be a callback to the Swiss Family Treehouse. The purpose of the redo was to go back to its roots.

Speaking of which, I still haven't seen it yet! Hopefully will be able to go back in May!
I'm not Joking, I've only spoken highly on this attraction since it was added

The Mickey Q also is great but I think many attractions recently feel like Disney mandates what must be done like even tiana's bayou adventure ride feels like it's being limited by a story....ROTS is amazing tech but think it was limited by when it had to take place (the sequels)

I think the Tree House allowed the Imagneers to just have fun with it, every inch of the tree has some sort of fun gag or themeing

I think the Frozen ride hate is just online....everyone I know who has been on WDW ride which is the worst version liked if not loved it

I would not be against Disneyland making an updated version of the ride or making a Frozen 1/2 ride where we get into the Unknown as a part of the ride but yeah once again Iger needs to push to have bigger budgets in the parks. They make all this money from the parks then over spend on movies and shows no one watches...over spend on the parks people go to daily and spend 150+ bucks to get in
The Frozen ride and queue are fine. Just how they plopped it into an existing ride that was actually really good and then the capacity issues. I think most just wanted it elsewhere. But I agree the GP probably loves it.

The Frozen ride and queue are fine. Just how they plopped it into an existing ride that was actually really good and then the capacity issues. I think most just wanted it elsewhere. But I agree the GP probably loves it.
I'm not opposed to doing a new Frozen ride....like I said before would love one with songs from both films.

I know Frozen 2 isn't as good as Frozen one but the songs are great and since the ride seems to focus on songs its like why not throw in the banger's of the sequel and make it somewhat unique at Disneyland

But yeah its online hate only, the ride has double the wait time of the previous ride and land in Hong Kong is breathe taking....so would not be upset if the Nemo/some of Autopia/old Motor Boat area was made into a mini Frozen land which would fit very well next to the Matterhorn.

I would not fight Avatar in Tomorrowland...but I feel like I rather just be in DCA because that park needs something big its been since Carsland since that park got anything really big and exciting and the Nemo subs has pretty meh capacity and think the line for that themed as Avatar would always been 4+ hours because of demand and how slow it loads.

Just throwing it out there, but I’m skeptical that James Cameron would be on board with them just cloning Flight of Passage. Especially since the ride platform would be a perfect fit for riding a skimwing instead of a banshee.

Obviously things are different post-merger because it’s all Disney as opposed to Disney licensing the IP, but Flight of Passage would have with 100% certainty been 2D without Cameron stepping in to stop it. Whatever they build, I’m skeptical he’d let them just slap anything in there and take the easy way out.

Just throwing it out there, but I’m skeptical that James Cameron would be on board with them just cloning Flight of Passage. Especially since the ride platform would be a perfect fit for riding a skimwing instead of a banshee.

Obviously things are different post-merger because it’s all Disney as opposed to Disney licensing the IP, but Flight of Passage would have with 100% certainty been 2D without Cameron stepping in to stop it. Whatever they build, I’m skeptical he’d let them just slap anything in there and take the easy way out.
As I mentioned earlier on this thread, this could be a great opportunity to dust off the original Avengers Quinjet E ticket ride system, assuming they can find ways to address the capacity issues Imagineers ran into the first time around. As for the smaller D ticket, dl you think that would go for another boat ride like Navi River Journey or go for something entirely different?

As I mentioned earlier on this thread, this could be a great opportunity to dust off the original Avengers Quinjet E ticket ride system, assuming they can find ways to address the capacity issues Imagineers ran into the first time around. As for the smaller D ticket, dl you think that would go for another boat ride like Navi River Journey or go for something entirely different?
That's like saying if they had solved the capacity issues with the bantha ride for SW:GE - it's intrinsic in the design.

No idea on a second attraction but I'd say the only thing NRJ has going for it is that it integrates with the FOP building.

Kill the backlot....DO IT!!!!!!

I will say if they do kill the tram and there is somehow a way to bring Monsters to the Pier please do so, while I think the ride is just fine the line for it is always huge
Everything else in Hollywood can go and they can move things like the drawing characters to somewhere else I'm sure and if they really wanted put PhilharMagic in Tomorrowland Magic Key theater....doesn't make sense theme wise but neither does Buzz or Nemo so...why not

Reactions: TheUniC6