Avatar in Disneyland | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Let's say if by some chance MiceChat is on the money like they were with Avengers Campus (Marvel taking over Bugs Land and a D ticket family ride (Web Slingers) taking over Tough to Be a Bug) how would/could a Avatar land look if it replaced Hollywoodland? Could they fit something like Navi River Journey and Flight of Passage? Also would a dark ride go in place of the Sunset Theater or would that just be flattened to become a restaurant or shopping/walking space? I would also hope they would incorporate elements from the Avatar sequels into this land.

Let's say if by some chance MiceChat is on the money like they were with Avengers Campus (Marvel taking over Bugs Land and a D ticket family ride (Web Slingers) taking over Tough to Be a Bug) how would/could a Avatar land look if it replaced Hollywoodland? Could they fit something like Navi River Journey and Flight of Passage? Also would a dark ride go in place of the Sunset Theater or would that just be flattened to become a restaurant or shopping/walking space? I would also hope they would incorporate elements from the Avatar sequels into this land
What was said?

Yeah we will see what it is....if it's just a walkthrough thing in the old Millionaire Building then cool but we need a land/attraction. DCA just needs more love, Disneyland literally has double it's attractions

While I would love to see Hollywoodland go the way of the dodo bird for Avatar, Peter Sciretta who is the founder of Slashfilm claims that his sources have said Hollywoodland is earmarked for future Marvel expansion. If what he is saying is true and Hollywoodland goes for more Marvel, I guess they will put Avatar in Grizzly Peak and somehow work it to keep the Grand Californian.

It would suck a lot if the one nicely themed opening day area in the park got killed for this.
I'm still hoping Hollywoodland gets the ax. First off, I trust Micechat more than Peter Sciretta. Micechat was right about Avengers Campus replacing Bugs Land. Plus with the MCU not doing so great right now, that gives me pause on the notion Disney would even want to expand Avengers Campus beyond where it currently is. And I think Hollywoodland once demoed alongside the transportation hub behind it would have much more space to work with than Grizzly peak for a much for impressive experience.

Maybe I'm crazy but I sore Iger had a quote where he said it would be comparable to WDW version not the same but at a similar level detail wise. I'm not thinking it will be near as big but a Min version of the land where Hollywood is would be very popular

With all of the press about Disney’s pending projects, construction timelines, etc, why wouldn’t they call it a land if it was a land?

Reactions: Jake S
With all of the press about Disney’s pending projects, construction timelines, etc, why wouldn’t they call it a land if it was a land?
Lol

There are rumors that Disney is changing who the main villain in the MCU is...Disney has noooooooo noooo idea what to do with anything. Star Wars, MCU, Disney Plus. the parks they seem to be clueless on how to go forward

Lol

There are rumors that Disney is changing who the main villain in the MCU is...Disney has noooooooo noooo idea what to do with anything. Star Wars, MCU, Disney Plus. the parks they seem to be clueless on how to go forward
:rolleyes:

So your answer to “why call it an experience” is “because they are changing the Marvel movies?” I don’t think that tracks lol.

:rolleyes:

So your answer to “why call it an experience” is “because they are changing the Marvel movies?” I don’t think that tracks lol.
Nope

I'm agree with an above member....I don't think DIsney has an idea of what they are going to do

If they did then why not say Avatar ride X, Land, or what not with a name
They didn't give a location, time frame or anything....so it could end up being anything