Avatar in Disneyland | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What's frustrating is that they could probably do this if they wanted to within a couple of months. All the pieces are there from exhibitions around the world.
They’ll be making everything fresh. The traveling show elements weren’t made to last, not in a permanent theme park environment. But still, it could be a relatively quick install once the items are fabricated.

I’ve always heard DCA. And I’ve only heard an Avatar Experience, not a ride.
Pretty interesting since I thought Avatar lends itself more to Tomorrowland. Not quite sure which IP would anchor any future update now.

Any possibilities come to mind? Still pretty interested in the status of that Peoplemover rumor that came about last year. There were a lot of insiders (including yourself) that had heard rumblings bout it.

Pretty interesting since I thought Avatar lends itself more to Tomorrowland. Not quite sure which IP would anchor any future update now.

Any possibilities come to mind? Still pretty interested in the status of that Peoplemover rumor that came about last year. There were a lot of insiders (including yourself) that had heard rumblings bout it.
I’m wondering if a new Tomorrowland PeopleMover was shelved in case they revive the idea to connect different areas of the resort as part of the Forward project over time.

Reactions: Nland316 and Jake S
Assuming it's substantial enough to be considered a walk through experience, they could probably do some kind of dual build for the Avatar experience at both DCA and AK. It would give both parks something new before their big E-ticket additions.

I just got to go back on FoP this past Friday. Man that ride is better than I remembered. Would love to see it make its way to DLR somehow. Shame that probably won't happen anytime soon.
I think it in Hollywood land would help the park as well, Racers is still the only ride that really gets insane wait times and think FoP would take away some of the crowds in a good way

Find a way to make the boat ride but cheaper, like maybe using the same system as HM/Mermaid and think an Avatar land would work out well for DCA

I think it in Hollywood land would help the park as well, Racers is still the only ride that really gets insane wait times and think FoP would take away some of the crowds in a good way

Find a way to make the boat ride but cheaper, like maybe using the same system as HM/Mermaid and think an Avatar land would work out well for DCA
Knowing the rate at which Disney builds, I would like to see any hypothetical Avatar land at DLR incorporate elements from the Avatar sequels. As for the possibility of It replacing Hollywoodland, Micechat could be right. I mean they did break the rumor of Marvel replacing A Bugs Land and a family dark ride going where It's Tough to be a Bug used to be. Both turned out to be true. On a side note, If Avatar ends up at DCA, maybe Disney plans on rebranding the park down the line?

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I know y'all would hate this, but I wouldn't be mad it it didn't come with a land and they made this a "standalone ride" at DL.

Better idea: Dump the subs and Autopia. Make a "Way of Water" version of Pandora while having FoP with a similar film but have the queue line modified for the Way of Water version. Then have a modified subs for the land that goes under the queue for FoP themed to way of water.

Reactions: luckoftheirish
I know y'all would hate this, but I wouldn't be mad it it didn't come with a land and they made this a "standalone ride" at DL.

Better idea: Dump the subs and Autopia. Make a "Way of Water" version of Pandora while having FoP with a similar film but have the queue line modified for the Way of Water version. Then have a modified subs for the land that goes under the queue for FoP themed to way of water.
I mean, kinda depends on how they did it. If it took up space in Tomorrowland then just a sub area having some themeing is cool with me but if its Hollywood then redo the land into something people want to go to.

I mean, kinda depends on how they did it. If it took up space in Tomorrowland then just a sub area having some themeing is cool with me but if its Hollywood then redo the land into something people want to go to.
Micechat claims Imagineers are working on a full scale land which is what I feel like they should do if Avatar were to come to DLR. I also wonder if any hypothetical Avatar land were to come to DLR would they be able to fit Navi River journey in addition to some variant of FOP if this were to replace Hollywoodland?

Micechat claims Imagineers are working on a full scale land which is what I feel like they should do if Avatar were to come to DLR. I also wonder if any hypothetical Avatar land were to come to DLR would they be able to fit Navi River journey in addition to some variant of FOP if this were to replace Hollywoodland?
I know MiceChat isn’t the most reliable source but you have the link to the claim? Curious to know more details if they have any in that.

I know MiceChat isn’t the most reliable source but you have the link to the claim? Curious to know more details if they have any in that.

The article that has the bit of an Avatar land reads as follows:
But there ARE projects in the works for the Disneyland Resort. Teams are working on potential dark rides, area enhancements, and even an Avatar land. And, bigger than any of that is a near doubling of the resort’s current capacity and likely new theme park (currently referred to as DisneylandForward). So why aren’t we hearing about any of it? This is likely because budgets are still very tight and because Disney is locked in a zoning tightrope act with Anaheim that they don’t want to derail. Still, there was a lot that Josh ‘could’ have said if he was willing to commit to Disneyland in the way he has to Walt Disney World.

Reactions: Freak

The article that has the bit of an Avatar land reads as follows:
But there ARE projects in the works for the Disneyland Resort. Teams are working on potential dark rides, area enhancements, and even an Avatar land. And, bigger than any of that is a near doubling of the resort’s current capacity and likely new theme park (currently referred to as DisneylandForward). So why aren’t we hearing about any of it? This is likely because budgets are still very tight and because Disney is locked in a zoning tightrope act with Anaheim that they don’t want to derail. Still, there was a lot that Josh ‘could’ have said if he was willing to commit to Disneyland in the way he has to Walt Disney World.

Blanket statement from them to cover their butt. Of course, teams are working on Avatar stuff... they probably have concepts from a decade ago when Avatar was going to be duplicated for each Disney resort lol

I am not saying it isn't happening, but all this Disneyland Forward stuff is nothing but wishful thinking and political maneuvering

FLOP would take up a good deal of space

The river ride as it would take up too much but I also think many are "underwhelmed" by the ride anyway. So just make it where its like HM, a people eater that lets you go through a alien forest and think it will rarely see the line over an hour and think that will help with expectations as well along with giving DCA two new rides and one being a people eater would be to me the best outcome.

My idea would be Award Wieners and Philharmagic becoming a new Avatar Restaurant. Then from Mike and Sully to where the Coke area is and the old Tron Arcade would be Flight of Passage
No idea if the old Millionaire building would be needed for Q or not for FLOP or not but regards, I think if done right the land can easily have 2 attractions and a new restaurant and still room for meet and greets

Remember that Flight of Passage is a tall building, so sightlines at DL have to be considered. Put it in the Nemo Subs area and the floating mountains will make the Matterhorn look out of place/small.
Yeah, this is why I would put it in the corner of Hollywood and not Tomorroland

I mean I think it could be done in Tomorrowand but would need to be in the Autopia corner, which...if themed right could make that a cool section for the Disneyland railroad...but my vote is still Hollywoodland. Tommorrowland I think has many other idea's and IP's I'd be more excited about seeing

I guess until they make an announcement anything is possible, but I’m still only expecting an Avatar Experience at DCA.

Maybe if the Forward plans move forward they can build Pandora in the new section. But that feels so far off there’s no telling what they decide to actually build when the time comes.

Yeah, this is why I would put it in the corner of Hollywood and not Tomorroland

I mean I think it could be done in Tomorrowand but would need to be in the Autopia corner, which...if themed right could make that a cool section for the Disneyland railroad...but my vote is still Hollywoodland. Tommorrowland I think has many other idea's and IP's I'd be more excited about seeing
It can be mitigated a bit because you can actually dig down in California, but it would even look out of place in that corner because it’s just that massive.

Reactions: Jerroddragon