What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers Campus (DCA)

This is today by the way Alexshow DISNEY KINGDOMS: THEME PARK STORIES WITH MARVEL COMIC

The creators of Disney Kingdoms by Marvel discuss in depth the history as well as future titles of this popular family comic book series. And is at 6:00 pm pst today guys

Just repeat to yourself it's just a panel I should really just relax...

How much room does losing Bug's Land afford? Can they fit more than one E-Ticket there?

How much room does losing Bug's Land afford? Can they fit more than one E-Ticket there?

It is about (including some Backstage space) 3.5 acres.

Nothing to write home about, but enough to probably house the Spider-Man attraction on the ITtBaB side with it's queue potentially going through a bit of the playland.

I would guess that you could see a Meet and Greet and store added in, but that's a question for another time, but Spider-Man won't be a ETicket.

How many attractions do you guys think marvel land will have

It seems as it stands, only two. The Spider-Man D-Ticket Interactive Dark Ride, and The Avengers E-Ticket Dark Coaster.

It is about (including some Backstage space) 3.5 acres.

Nothing to write home about, but enough to probably house the Spider-Man attraction on the ITtBaB side with it's queue potentially going through a bit of the playland.

I would guess that you could see a Meet and Greet and store added in, but that's a question for another time, but Spider-Man won't be a ETicket.

It seems as it stands, only two. The Spider-Man D-Ticket Interactive Dark Ride, and The Avengers E-Ticket Dark Coaster.

Three...M:B

Disney better start up that Spider-man ride with Spidey saying, "This could be the most dangerous night of my life! And yours! Be careful out there!" 95% of the GP wouldn't get it but it would be such a great jab at UO's Spidey ride.

Nice shades!

What time is marvel panel

The Marvel Studios panel will be at around 5:30 PM, and the runtime of it will be an hour and a half.

You will most likely see news on Infinity War, Black Panther, Ant Man & Wasp, and Thor Ragnarok as prominent announcements and/or news pieces.

If DCA announces something, I would imagine it'd be the Spider-Man Dark Ride and not on anything else for the DCA Marvel Projects.

The Marvel Studios panel will be at around 5:30 PM, and the runtime of it will be an hour and a half.

You will most likely see news on Infinity War, Black Panther, Ant Man & Wasp, and Thor Ragnarok as prominent announcements and/or news pieces.

If DCA announces something, I would imagine it'd be the Spider-Man Dark Ride and not on anything else for the DCA Marvel Projects.
Ok

Here's what these people say about marvel land
30.jpg

Disneyland Rumors: Marvel Land, Tron, Star Wars Land, Guardians Halloween, Paint The Night & More
Posted on Tuesday, July 11th, 2017 by Peter Sciretta

tron-banner-legacy-700x350.jpg

As D23 Expo creeps up on us later this week (and Comic Con’s shadow waits nearby), the Disney theme park rumor mill is going crazy about the possible new announcements that may be made in the next two weeks. This includes the official announcement of a Marvel-themed land in Disney California Adventure, the fate of A Bug’s Land, the plan to restrict Star Wars Landrides to the new MaxPass system, a Halloween overlay of DCA rides including Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout, the Paint The Night parade’s new home, Tron Lightcycle Power Run coming stateside, and more Star Wars Land rumblings.

Marvel Land Will Kill Off at Least Part of a Bug’s Land
Expected at D23 Expo or San Diego Comic Con is the official announcement of the Marvel-themed land coming to Disney California Adventure. There have been conflicting reports as to where the land will be constructed (due to the multiple plans that were developed by WDI), but the latest from MiceChat is that at least part of A Bug’s Land will be removed as part of the new addition. This includes the It’s Tough To Be A Bug 4D movie theater and Tuck N’ Roll’s Drive ‘Em Buggies, but the rest of Flik’s Fun Fair is apparently up in the air.

According to the report, Imagineering has “proposed keeping the three different rides and re-theming them to Marvel” while “TDA has offered to kill them off entirely to allow WDI to expand the dark ride concept and add a retail and dining location into the mix as well.” The problem is that the Bug’s Land attractions are a majority of the young child-friendly rides offered in California Adventure park.

And we still don’t know what the name of the Marvel-themed land will be, but the Marvel brand will probably not be mentioned. Even though Disney has the rights to produce Marvel themed attractions West of the Mississippi, they still aren’t allowed to use the Marvel brand in advertising for the Anaheim theme parks. That’s why the Marvel logo is completely absent from the Summer of Heroes event currently happening in California Adventure.

We’ve previously told you about a Captain America or Avengers roller coaster dark ride that will be the E-Ticket focus of the land. The new report says that the attraction will supposedly feature “high-speed launches, onboard audio, 3D visuals, animatronics and endless special effects.” We had originally heard that the ride would be something like what Universal Studios Florida did with Harry Potter and Escape From Gringotts, but with the inclusion of “high-speed launches,” this is sounding like more of a thrill ride. The coaster will be constructed south of Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout and will take about three years to create. Three years is typical for these large scale new theme park lands.

Color me shocked... that's super weird.

Same. In a way, while hearing about the Ant Man & Wasp casting and the Captain Marvel information is large, I don't see as much of a punch for this years panel. In a way, I almost wish it was just done all at D23 with Star Wars taking the forefront for SDCC instead.

EDIT: I mean that for the film side.

That said, I do have to wonder why they didn't at this point.

Last edited: