Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers Campus (DCA)

I disagree. People who visit DLR DO travel and likely have traveled over to Orlando. By the time it opens, it'll have been at Islands of Adventure for over 20 years. Disney and Universal are NOT regional parks. They have tourists visit from all over and are advertised around the country accordingly. If we were talking about a ride at say Kennywood, I say that 1% might be accurate.
The timing on the Kennywood comment is funny.:) The immediate posters in front of you, me & Dave (Disneyhead) could probably name just about every ride at Kennywood, we've both been there so often. :thumbsup:

The timing on the Kennywood comment is funny.:) The immediate posters in front of you, me & Dave (Disneyhead) could probably name just about every ride at Kennywood, we've both been there so often. :thumbsup:
Started thinking about it and got stuck thinking about gravy fries from The Potato Patch. Mmmmm.

You guys are severely overestimating how many people do both DL and WDW. People who aren't big into theme parks tend to just pick one of the two.

East coasters, mid-westerners, and U.K./Brazilian travel tend to go to Orlando while West Coasters, the Mountain time zone and Japanese tourism tend to go to Los Angeles.

There's really not a lot of cross over unless you love theme parks would be on a board like this.

You guys are severely overestimating how many people do both DL and WDW. People who aren't big into theme parks tend to just pick one of the two.

East coasters, mid-westerners, and U.K./Brazilian travel tend to go to Orlando while West Coasters, the Mountain time zone and Japanese tourism tend to go to Los Angeles.

There's really not a lot of cross over unless you love theme parks would be on a board like this.
Disneyland has more WDW regulars than WDW has Disneyland regulars. But that is simply that WDW regulars find themselves in the LA metro area more often than Disneyland regulars find themselves in Orlando metro area. Because...LA.

You're implying barely anyone from the western United States visits Orlando and you're wrong. :lol: Over 20 years, I think you're underestimating how many people across the country have traveled to Orlando and/or ridden Spider-Man. Universal Orlando's millions of guests are not limited to Florida and the southern region.

You're implying barely anyone from the western United States visits Orlando and you're wrong. :lol: Over 20 years, I think you're underestimating how many people across the country have traveled to Orlando and/or ridden Spider-Man. Universal Orlando's millions of guests are not limited to Florida and the southern region.
I'm not implying that, I'm implying that those are the trends of where people tend to choose to visit.

Obviously people from both coasts visit the other, but they are in the minority.

Think of it this way... Epcot fans are WDW's version of DLR fans.

How many Epcot fans know there's a park that cloned the look of Spaceship Earth and think it's ridiculous? Some can't even name the park or the ride, but they know it exists. And they dislike it.

DLR fans know the Spider-Man ride exists because it wins awards right alongside DLR's Fantasmic. It's in their orbit.

And god help the world if they try to pull up a YouTube video for "Spider-Man ride" and see the other one in Orlando and they think it's better than the ride they get. Many many angry blog posts.

Avg Joe may not do both resorts, but the influencers with their keyboard crucibles do.

And not to be too pushy - but where did the Spider-Man ride rumor come from?

Cuz in my orbit he didn't get a name drop but the Avengers are considered an essential for the land.

Think of it this way... Epcot fans are WDW's version of DLR fans.

How many Epcot fans know there's a park that cloned the look of Spaceship Earth and think it's ridiculous? Some can't even name the park or the ride, but they know it exists. And they dislike it.

DLR fans know the Spider-Man ride exists because it wins awards right alongside DLR's Fantasmic. It's in their orbit.

And god help the world if they try to pull up a YouTube video for "Spider-Man ride" and see the other one in Orlando and they think it's better than the ride they get. Many many angry blog posts.

Avg Joe may not do both resorts, but the influencers with their keyboard crucibles do.

Cuz in my orbit he didn't get a name drop but the Avengers are considered an essential for the land.

Spider-Man was mentioned when the DCA marvel project was announced at D23EXPO, along with The Avengers.

I'm actually pretty excited to see what they'll come up with for this land now that we officially won the bid for the 2028 Olympics! Honestly, I'm sure the whole park will get some pretty cool updates. Same with Uni.

It was announced at D23 was that Spider-Man would be joining the GOTG in Marvel Land. The rumors are that it will be a dark ride attraction. I personally believe that Spider-man will be represented in a stunt-show type experience utilizing the foundation of the Bugs Life Theater.

DLR does not have a stunt show or anything remotely action packed, with the exception of the Pirate's segment in Fantasmic. This would also save the attraction from the obvious comparisons to IOAs. (But could draw some from USH's Spider-Man rocks show, assuming anyone remembers it).

I'm actually pretty excited to see what they'll come up with for this land now that we officially won the bid for the 2028 Olympics! Honestly, I'm sure the whole park will get some pretty cool updates. Same with Uni.

By the time the games come to LA, Marvel Land will be old news haha. I would hope by then Gate 3 would be a thing.

It was announced at D23 was that Spider-Man would be joining the GOTG in Marvel Land. The rumors are that it will be a dark ride attraction. I personally believe that Spider-man will be represented in a stunt-show type experience utilizing the foundation of the Bugs Life Theater.

DLR does not have a stunt show or anything remotely action packed, with the exception of the Pirate's segment in Fantasmic. This would also save the attraction from the obvious comparisons to IOAs. (But could draw some from USH's Spider-Man rocks show, assuming anyone remembers it).

By the time the games come to LA, Marvel Land will be old news haha. I would hope by then Gate 3 would be a thing.

I have to wonder that with this now, NBCUniversal/Comcast and Disney could actually take the risk and begin development for an additional gate at their respected resorts. But there will need to be a bit for both Universal and Disney to do on that possibility.

Either way, it is something to talk about..

Well I meant more along the lines of I hope this pushes them to really go all out with it kind of how they are with Star Wars. I don't want a mediocre Marvel land basically. I hope with the Olympics now officially coming here they'll want to beef everything up! haha

I personally believe that Spider-man will be represented in a stunt-show type experience utilizing the foundation of the Bugs Life Theater.

I say we just kick out that terrible playhouse low-budget crapfest production that is Frozen and just do a revival of Spider-Man Rocks! :D If I had to choose between the lesser of two evils, I'd choose Spiderman Rocks haha... The Frozen show at DCA is such a joke compared to the former Aladdin show.

Or get the theme park rights for "Spider-Man: Turn off the Dark" (kinda like how Universal Japan had Wicked) :bonk:

If this is a real suggestion, I don't think Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark would fit inside that theatre. They had to completely gut the one it used to reside in on Broadway. That's why that show doesn't travel. Other theaters don't have the space for it. Plus, they lost like $60 million in investments due to no one going to see it. I don't think Disney wants to take that chance of reviving it haha.

Design wise, god Spiderman was incredible. But what an awful musical :lol:

Also, Fun Fact: During it's run, Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark was the 7th largest power draw in NYC. They had to dig up the street on the other side of the theatre and tap into a second power grid (or however electricity works?). Truly wild stuff.

Design wise, god Spiderman was incredible. But what an awful musical :lol:

Also, Fun Fact: During it's run, Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark was the 7th largest power draw in NYC. They had to dig up the street on the other side of the theatre and tap into a second power grid (or however electricity works?). Truly wild stuff.
I saw the revised version, and while it was a mess dramatically, it would make a great Vegas or theme park show if edited down to an intermissionless 80 minutes. Listen to the soundtrack, there's a handful of really solid tunes.

it would make a great theme park show if edited down to an intermissionless 80 minutes.
I have yet to try & dig up a video of USJ's Wicked show... but most theme park shows only run about 25mins or less (30mins if you're lucky)... But thats why I was only half joking because I know a shortened re-worked show could be done... Hell, I've been wishful thinking the crap out of Universal getting a Phantom production for the park (or a 80-90min Vegas-style cut for Citywalk... although that'd apply more for Orlando than Hollywood since we don't have a "show" venue like BMG)