Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers Campus (DCA)

Micechat has mentioned that Bugsland would be going away, with ItTBaB replaced by a family dark ride.

I believe they also mentioned that the Avengers attraction would be a form of a dark coaster, so that you would probably see Spider-Man be that family dark ride.

Okay I'm not gonna lie... that looked fun... although I'd prefer it to be more like Spiderman than Transformers. Although I'm confused on what the ride vehicle is supposed to be... The black poles were a little distracting.

As for that Spidey vs Doc Ock coaster though... I need to see a lights off, show-lighting only video because it looked like it was very much in vein of Rockin' Roller Coaster with the black-lit scenery. AND THAT LIFT HILL GAVE ME FEELS (it reminded me of Disaster Transport at Cedar Point) :love:

they already have California Screaming Roller Coaster so they don't want it to be overshadowed for something a bit more similar.
How would an indoor spinning coaster overshadow or be remotely similar to California Screamin'... an outdoor non-spinning, launched coaster??? :saywhat:

From @RichOBJ

So apparently patents have come into form of the SpiderMan attraction; seeming like a mix of Forbidden Journey with somewhat of a swinging motion for the ride.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando...tent-hints-at-spider-man-style-ride-with.html

I like the concept. And the mock track layout they show does suggest a downtown area like spiderman would be. I wonder how the ride accounts for different weights of passengers. Will a car full of kids swing more or less than a car full of large adults? Or is the pendulum a controlled motion to keep it consistent? If its a free swinging deal, it would essentially be taking a Suspended coated and putting it on a motorized track which I don't know has been done before. But those rides are fun, so this could be a hit.

Well's that interesting.

It's fascinating, because in a sense; it almost seems like it is their take on the Iron Legion system, but with a swinging motion incorporated.

I am going to be fascinated to see if this is the end-result, as it could lead to unique opportunities. But a part of me has a gut feeling that this ride would be more projection mapping heavy than per say practical or even standard screen like.

I like the concept. And the mock track layout they show does suggest a downtown area like spiderman would be. I wonder how the ride accounts for different weights of passengers. Will a car full of kids swing more or less than a car full of large adults? Or is the pendulum a controlled motion to keep it consistent? If its a free swinging deal, it would essentially be taking a Suspended coated and putting it on a motorized track which I don't know has been done before. But those rides are fun, so this could be a hit.

If I had to guess, it will be controlled motion to keep it consistent.

I read the article and it said they will be able to control the speed of the pendulum. So weight wouldn't make a difference.