Avengers: Doomsday (2026) | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers: Doomsday (2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

How we feeling about RDJ as Doom?

• Love it!

• Intrigued

• Wait and see mode/Meh

• Hate it

Results are only viewable after voting.
So--looking into this; there was a comic run back in the past that had Stark become Doom for approximately four months of an arc.

Not sure if I agree with this choice--but I'm not entirely against it; as I wonder if there's a rug being pulled.

So--looking into this; there was a comic run back in the past that had Stark become Doom for approximately four months of an arc.

Not sure if I agree with this choice--but I'm not entirely against it; as I wonder if there's a rug being pulled.
If Avengers Doomsday and Secret Wars follow this comic plot line/point, maybe Stark becomes good again in Secret Wars.

I think you’re onto something there. RDJ is very possibly not the main Doom and this is just to throw us off the scent.

To be fair we didn’t get a comics accurate Wolverine until a few days ago and we did pretty well for the past 24 years.
In terms of personality, and actually being the literal correct person, Wolverine has been plenty accurate enough for me.

Turning Doctor Doom into an entirely different character is a totally different thing. To give up on all the potential of Victor Von Doom -- the greatest villain in Marvel comics -- is infuriating.

It's such a gigantically bad idea that I almost have to believe there's some other angle here. Feige's not that stupid... right?

I won't lie I'm a bit bummed they're ditching the Kang storyline. There was a lot of rumors of them recasting and I wanted to see that storyline continue

In terms of personality, and actually being the literal correct person, Wolverine has been plenty accurate enough for me.

Turning Doctor Doom into an entirely different character is a totally different thing. To give up on all the potential of Victor Von Doom -- the greatest villain in Marvel comics -- is infuriating.

It's such a gigantically bad idea that I almost have to believe there's some other angle here. Feige's not that stupid... right?
Fwiw, I just saw that RDJ is playing Victor Von Doom and not a Stark variant. I agree there’s another angle in all likelihood.

I think you’re onto something there. RDJ is very possibly not the main Doom and this is just to throw us off the scent.

I also think it's an interesting element for me because I think they missed a mark when they could've gone for a romani actor to take on Victor Von Doom--but the way I am kind of interpreting it is more as if RDJ is a "Stepping Stone".

Someone must've convinced him to play the character for anything other than money, considering he just won a freaking oscar for the complicated and layered villain that was Lewis Strauss. And I think if they are tackling it as a means of getting Doom to Beyonder, I think that might be why they got RDJ. Because of Doom's past when dealing with that.

Pretty sure they mentioned him as Victor Von Doom. Don’t think it’s a stark variant.
Fwiw, I just saw that RDJ is playing Victor Von Doom and not a Stark variant.
I would love to hear/read an unequivocal confirmation of this from Feige's mouth.

If RDJ is actually playing the real Victor Von Doom, not an alternate Tony Stark who has gone bad and is calling himself Doctor Doom just because, then I'm 100% fine with that. Would be an odd choice to bring him back and (presumably) never show his face, but Downey could absolutely play the actual character.

I would love to hear/read an unequivocal confirmation of this from Feige's mouth.

If RDJ is actually playing the real Victor Von Doom, not an alternate Tony Stark who has gone bad and is calling himself Doctor Doom just because, then I'm 100% fine with that. Would be an odd choice to bring him back and (presumably) never show his face, but Downey could absolutely play the actual character.

Cillian Murphy Reaction GIF

I seem to remember that for several months (correct me if I'm wrong) there was word of mouth that Iron Man would be returning for Doomsday and Secret Wars. To me this implies one of two scenarios: RDJ starts out as Doctor Doom and then turns good and becomes Iron Man again, or the actor will play two different characters at the same time in these movies.