Avengers E-Ticket Attraction (DCA) | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers E-Ticket Attraction (DCA)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Honestly, King Thanos was probably the best Avengers ride idea they were gonna get. A 'Rise'-esque dark ride system taking you into an Infinity War/Endgame battle thru the Avengers facilities, including all of the different fan-favorite heroes from both Phases 1-3 and 4-6 due to the Multiversal angle and watching them fight the most popular media antagonist of the 2010's via animatronic effects. Plus they have the ability to utilize the Infinity Stone powers themselves for fun and unique ride effects, like feeling the shock waves of the Power Stone being used in the battle via vibrations in the vehicles, a Time Stone scene where you retrace your path backwards into a previous show scene but this time the ending to the scene is dramatically different, M&MRR-style projection mapping to transport you to different locals via the Reality Stone. It could've been Rise 2, and now it's probably gonna be nothin. Such a shame.
They could basically do their answer to IOA’s Spider-Man but with the avengers and maybe a trackless ride system. Personally I’d prefer an EMV though

Reactions: GA-MBIT
You know, I wish Web Slingers didn't exist, and Disney didn't lock the land to the MCU because Spider-Verse could easily justify itself for being the E-Ticket for the area. Disney would have to work with Sony but would be worth it; Spider-Verse is relevant, beloved, and deals with the multiverse. Perfect for what Disney was promoting from the recent (and never happening) version of the Avengers E-Ticket.

I think these non Avengers ideas would be great if there wasn't a very strictly themed land in front of a 3 acre space. I'm not sure a miniland could fit back there or even make logistical sense.

Reactions: TheUniC6
From Disney's blog Disney Parks Unveils Future Projects, Surprises at Destination D23

"
kiu24thghp89ojn46jhtbe.jpg

FIRST LOOK: At Disney California Adventure Park, a new world-jumping vehicle is coming to the next attraction in Avengers Campus to help transport Super Heroes into the Multiverse.

Brent Strong, executive creative director at Walt Disney Imagineering, is sharing an early peek at the ride vehicle featuring a design that combines elements of Tony Stark’s time-suits with Xandarian jump points and Wakandan technology."

Once again no timeline for when to expect anything to be open, but a mix of tech from GotG, Black Panther, and Iron Man. It's some progress but crazy how they just half-finished a land.

From Disney's blog Disney Parks Unveils Future Projects, Surprises at Destination D23

"
kiu24thghp89ojn46jhtbe.jpg

FIRST LOOK: At Disney California Adventure Park, a new world-jumping vehicle is coming to the next attraction in Avengers Campus to help transport Super Heroes into the Multiverse.

Brent Strong, executive creative director at Walt Disney Imagineering, is sharing an early peek at the ride vehicle featuring a design that combines elements of Tony Stark’s time-suits with Xandarian jump points and Wakandan technology."

Once again no timeline for when to expect anything to be open, but a mix of tech from GotG, Black Panther, and Iron Man. It's some progress but crazy how they just half-finished a land.
Looks like the new RV similar to a SCOOP on first glance to me, which Disney is debuting with their Peter Pan ride in TDS. However, upon further though, it probably is the GOTG RV in a smaller track configuration (I don't think GOTG would fit on that plot).

Reactions: Coolbfitz and Nico
Wait this ride is still happening?

Okay that’s great, but man it’s going to be years by the time this ride opens.
My Money is on 2027 (to tie into Secret Wars as the live action portions could be filmed alongside SW) or 2028. Someone over on the WDW forums thinks it could break ground at some point next year, in time for D23, which is when i feel more details will be announced for this ride.
Looks like the new RV similar to a SCOOP on first glance to me, which Disney is debuting with their Peter Pan ride in TDS. However, upon further though, it probably is the GOTG RV in a smaller track configuration (I don't think GOTG would fit on that plot).
I after eyeballing the Pan TDS vehicle model to GOTG, I personally think the ride system that will be used will be the Pan TDS one as it has three rows and the door design and height of the ride vehicle aligns better with the Pan vehicle model shown at D23 last year vs GOTG. Though one thing I wonder is if Avengers will have the exact track layout as Pan or will it be tweaked a bit.

My Money is on 2027 (to tie into Secret Wars as the live action portions could be filmed alongside SW) or 2028. Someone over on the WDW forums thinks it could break ground at some point next year, in time for D23, which is when i feel more details will be announced for this ride.
Ah, only a short ten year wait after the land's announcement. Glorious.

maxresdefault.jpg

Until construction start's it all talk

We have nothing at DLR after Splash is redone....so this even being worked on now would still not open until at least a year after that but....they do nothing and keep promising the ride when they could be building it....right now

The ride needs to be its own thing, and they can’t rely too much on the films. The films constantly are changing what’s going on. Use the multiverse as an excuse to use characters you want, beyond that, stop overthinking it. Give us a villain the heroes need to come together and battle. Let us go thru multiple portals to go to each different hero, then a giant ass finale.

This really shouldn’t be that hard.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
The ride needs to be its own thing, and they can’t rely too much on the films. The films constantly are changing what’s going on. Use the multiverse as an excuse to use characters you want, beyond that, stop overthinking it. Give us a villain the heroes need to come together and battle. Let us go thru multiple portals to go to each different hero, then a giant ass finale.

This really shouldn’t be that hard.

A Thanos from the multiverse is the best choice in my opinion. Everyone knows who he is, they know what he is capable of, and he is a true threat. Wit time-traveling an option, he could easily come back to avenge himself.

On the Guardians coaster, the villain is too undefined. I don't follow comics closely and did not watch "Eternals". So, while I grasped the plot, it did little to make the coaster better/worse. I like the Guardians and I like coasters. Didn't even need a plot. Just zooming through the galaxy would have been enough.

So, as you said, no need to overcomplicate or overthink this one.

OG55 touched on this in a recent video, but assuming that Avatar land is indeed DCA bound he seems to think that considering how Disney likes to space out big additions to their parks, the Avengers E ticket is once again being put on ice or even dead entirely in its current form. Further evidence OG55 lays out includes that The Marvels really didn't do that great at the box office and a large number of the shows save for Loki season 2 haven't been performing well either. Meanwhile Avatar 2 made bank and they are several sequels lined up. Disney obviously wants to strike while the iron is hot by talking up this Avatar land at IAAPA while neglecting the Avengers E ticket.

Another factor OG55 mentions for Disney once again getting cold feet on committing to building this E ticket could be wanting to see how well the X-Men and Mutants do in the MCU and either incorporate them into the Multiverse ride or move away from the Multiverse theme entirely and base it on the X-Men and Mutants. Maybe Disney now feels like something like that could be more timeless considering the overall mediocre reception of the Multiverse Saga. But I personally whatever direction they go in next, they keep some form of the concept of the Multiverse ride so you can have a crossover of all major Marvel characters and have it be updated easily at the end of each MCU phase.