Avengers E-Ticket Attraction (DCA) | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers E-Ticket Attraction (DCA)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Meh. I'm taking IOA over TDS as well.

TDS is a great park. But the attraction lineup (IMO) is not as good as IOA's.
That’s a bit bold but I can see it if all you care about is thrilling rides.

If you enjoy theme, service, dining and shows cumulatively more than just rides, then TDS is going to blow IOA away.

I won’t argue it re: the rides though. Velocicoaster is insane. Hagrids is arguably the best coaster ever. And Spider-Man still holds up to anything else. And what’s more fun than Popeye?
Now after the new island opens? If they truly do add 2-3 Es and a C (or even 1 E, 2 Ds and a C) it’s going to be a tough argument.

That’s a bit bold but I can see it if all you care about is thrilling rides.

If you enjoy theme, service, dining and shows cumulatively more than just rides, then TDS is going to blow IOA away.

I won’t argue it re: the rides though. Velocicoaster is insane. Hagrids is arguably the best coaster ever. And Spider-Man still holds up to anything else. And what’s more fun than Popeye?
Now after the new island opens? If they truly do add 2-3 Es and a C (or even 1 E, 2 Ds and a C) it’s going to be a tough argument.
Rides and attractions are the main highlights of a theme park though. Putting aside my personal feelings on Potter, Hogsmeade and Hogwarts on a technical scale blow all of TDS away in terms of theming anyway.

Rides and attractions are the main highlights of a theme park though.
while recognizing this is my fault in the first place: let's keep things on topic.

if this attraction ever happens I think it'll need to be reaching backwards toward the "greatest hits" of the infinity war saga. whether that means leaning into iron man, civil war, thanos, whatever. we're going to enter a period in the next 10 years where people my age get increasingly ancient and get nostalgic about these movies, even if we're no longer into spending $20 to see Paul Rudd in front of some blue screens.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
while recognizing this is my fault in the first place: let's keep things on topic.

if this attraction ever happens I think it'll need to be reaching backwards toward the "greatest hits" of the infinity war saga. whether that means leaning into iron man, civil war, thanos, whatever. we're going to enter a period in the next 10 years where people my age get increasingly ancient and get nostalgic about these movies, even if we're no longer into spending $20 to see Paul Rudd in front of some blue screens.
To me it sounds like they were very forward thinking with the Multiverse concept. Due to the obviously screen heavy nature off this attraction it sounds like this can be easily updated at the end of a phase when there is usually a Endgame level event where all the major heroes and villains from said phase can be added in and swapped out as time goes on.
I honestly don't think DCA needs its equivalent of a $300 million dollar movie, a AAAA video game, or a billion dollar ride. It's putting too much pressure on a single ride based on a single IP to fix an entire park. Disney parks seems to suffer from the same problems of overthink and scale as their film division, when they could probably improve the park easily by using existing technology to build cheaper rides that appeal to their core theme park audience rather than every human on the planet.

So instead of trying and failing to build a ride that fits the Platonic ideal of what an Avengers ride should be, just build a good coaster. Don't break the bank on it. Then you can build a short boat ride, or a dark ride in Hollywoodland, or some flat rides for Grizzly Peak. Just do something, make mid-size yet effective bets that are still draws and don't purport to be some magnum opus of themed entertainment.

Basically, they should just do what they did in 08-12.
With the flexibility Disneyland Forward gives, I wonder if what may have been planned to replace Hollywoodland becomes more fleshed out and moved to the Simba lot where Disney wants to expand DCA as part of DL Forward and Hollywoodland becomes more Avengers Campus. That has been speculated (more Marvel) as something in the running to replace Hollywoodland by some Disney Youtubers.

Reactions: ParksandSights
I mean when is this thing gonna start construction? If they really cared, they would want it to coincide with DCA’s 25th anniversary in summer 2026 but with Disney constantly moving slower than a snail, it might be 5-6 years from now. Leave it to Disney to announce something and have it completed 10 years later.

I mean when is this thing gonna start construction? If they really cared, they would want it to coincide with DCA’s 25th anniversary in summer 2026 but with Disney constantly moving slower than a snail, it might be 5-6 years from now. Leave it to Disney to announce something and have it completed 10 years later.
Yeah it's not coming until after that

Even if it was started now and was Comic Rewind "clone" it would be a close call on the 25th

I Wonder what they will do for the 25th.

Maybe a WOC show that was like Disneyland 50th fireworks but attractions wise no idea what will be the big ride for that or....of it will be just updating current attractions

Pretty sure never at this point.

• Haha
Reactions: Mad Dog
This land is a commercial failure. Never should’ve tied it to the MCU
Is it?

The land is always busy anytime I've gone. Pyms Kitcken area is almost always full of people eating.

I think the Spiderman "tech" is for sure a failure and most people don't care for the the land but it seems people go there and bloggers almost always have something new to see because they add characters

I don't even think being in the MCU is bad because people LOVE GOTG ride. I think the bigger issues are the Spiderman ride not being interesting and no phase 2 with a Big E ticket but compared to Bugs land it feels like more people are going to that space and more money is being spent...so not sure if its a commercial failure.

Is it?

The land is always busy anytime I've gone. Pyms Kitcken area is almost always full of people eating.

I think the Spiderman "tech" is for sure a failure and most people don't care for the the land but it seems people go there and bloggers almost always have something new to see because they add characters

I don't even think being in the MCU is bad because people LOVE GOTG ride. I think the bigger issues are the Spiderman ride not being interesting and no phase 2 with a Big E ticket but compared to Bugs land it feels like more people are going to that space and more money is being spent...so not sure if its a commercial failure.

Not sure what Chris is basing his statement on, but my impression is they may internally consider it a failure because it hasn’t significantly driven increased DCA attendance. It has the AP crowd buying the gimmicky food and drinks, which isn’t nothing, but it’s probably not the result they wanted.

Not sure what Chris is basing his statement on, but my impression is they may internally consider it a failure because it hasn’t significantly driven increased DCA attendance. It has the AP crowd buying the gimmicky food and drinks, which isn’t nothing, but it’s probably not the result they wanted.
I mean, in a way thank god. The Park needs like another ride or two like Mermaid capacity wise, when DCA gets full all rides are insane times and its because most rides are flat and the E ticket aren't fast loaders.

I'd have to assume GE is the same then? Because Disneyland didn't really see many more guests when that land opened

This has been touched on a bit in the Avengers Campus proper thread, but Tom Brickler of the Disney tourist blog said in a recent post regarding the timelines for future additions to the Disney Parks that even he now thinks the Multiverse attraction is dead. The factors he gives include the fact that it hasn't been mentioned once by Iger or Josh D'Amaro since Chapek got the boot and is not on any timelines. Aside from those two reason the biggest giveaway also touched on by Brickler to why this ride is dead stems from the fact that Iger keeps talking about this Avatar "experience" coming to DLR but not a previously announced attraction based on their most popular cash cow (the MCU) that already has an expansion plot ready for it.

That plot of land behind AC is pretty sizable so some sort of E ticket will get there eventually. I am very curious to see what direction Disney will go in now for an Avengers E ticket.

A sobering food for thought but food for thought nonetheless:

what if...there is no direction for an Avengers E-Ticket, and Disney decides to look elsewhere for the moment on property. I hate saying this, especially with LA2028 being a potential big year for a tourism boon, but I think the attention might be put elsewhere.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
Maybe Disney leadership isn’t super high on the MCU going forward and think it’s safer to do something with Avatar, which (I think, atleast) has been very positively received in Florida? Especially with 2028 coming quickly.

With that being said, wish they would have stayed with this King Thanos idea, seemed really ambitious ‍♂️

I’m gonna be honest…if we wait all of these years only to get a literal clone of Flight of Passage, I’m not gonna be happy.
Based on them referring to it as an "experience", and not a land or attraction, I wouldn't be surprised if this is something of a much smaller scope than we realize. It could just be a walk through exhibit like Star Wars Launch Bay. I'm not expecting much.

A sobering food for thought but food for thought nonetheless:

what if...there is no direction for an Avengers E-Ticket, and Disney decides to look elsewhere for the moment on property. I hate saying this, especially with LA2028 being a potential big year for a tourism boon, but I think the attention might be put elsewhere.
If Disneyland Forward gets approved in early 2024 and nets them the zoning changes they need, the DLR expansion for LA 2028 should focus mainly on DCA, as DL park proper has already gotten the bulk of new additions to DLR in recent years (SWGE, MMRR). A expansion into the Simba lot for DCA would be ideal for LA 2028 (though this is probably wishful thinking) and could buy Disney more time to figure a direction for a proper Rise level Avengers E ticket. I have a feeling at this rate the earliest we will get an Avengers E ticket will be in 2030, almost 10 years after Avengers Campus opened at DCA and 12 years after it was announced in 2018. Crazy to think about.
Maybe Disney leadership isn’t super high on the MCU going forward and think it’s safer to do something with Avatar, which (I think, atleast) has been very positively received in Florida? Especially with 2028 coming quickly.

With that being said, wish they would have stayed with this King Thanos idea, seemed really ambitious ‍♂️
Considering how they handed out an actual physical copy of the concept art at D23 2022, this King Thanos ride had to have gotten further in development than the quinjet ride in 2019. But when they do announce another Avengers E ticket, I wonder how they are going to spin it to a D23 audience since they probably feel burned since they announced 2 Avengers E tickets and none of them came to fruition. Why should they trust Disney to follow through again unless they give them the benefit of the doubt through a "third times the charm" mindset.

Honestly, King Thanos was probably the best Avengers ride idea they were gonna get. A 'Rise'-esque dark ride system taking you into an Infinity War/Endgame battle thru the Avengers facilities, including all of the different fan-favorite heroes from both Phases 1-3 and 4-6 due to the Multiversal angle and watching them fight the most popular media antagonist of the 2010's via animatronic effects. Plus they have the ability to utilize the Infinity Stone powers themselves for fun and unique ride effects, like feeling the shock waves of the Power Stone being used in the battle via vibrations in the vehicles, a Time Stone scene where you retrace your path backwards into a previous show scene but this time the ending to the scene is dramatically different, M&MRR-style projection mapping to transport you to different locals via the Reality Stone. It could've been Rise 2, and now it's probably gonna be nothin. Such a shame.