Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Aventura Hotel

I’m not someone who would go to Volcano Bay, so does this hotel not make sense for me? Price isn’t awful, like at all, I figured I can use the water taxi for Sapphire if allowed, good views and bar at hotel, it seems kinda nice and lowkey? I wouldn’t mind a lowkey place to return to after a long day at the parks.
I've never been to VB but I have stayed at Aventura and volcano view at CBBR. You are not missing out if you don't go unless you like waterparks then I hear it is a good one.

I’m not someone who would go to Volcano Bay, so does this hotel not make sense for me? Price isn’t awful, like at all, I figured I can use the water taxi for Sapphire if allowed, good views and bar at hotel, it seems kinda nice and lowkey? I wouldn’t mind a lowkey place to return to after a long day at the parks.
VB isn't really a factor with this one

Personally what I enjoy about this hotel is:
1) The views all around
2) The closeness to Sapphire allows you to enjoy the water taxi, Amatista, and Strong Water
3) If you don't want to walk the Urban Food Pantry is a good idea
4) Bar 17 is amazing and underrated

Cons:
1) Stylistically it is simple and lacks some of the elements of the others (i.e. the vintage vibe of Cabanna)
2) The pool is really just there to check a box and nothing special
3) This doesn't have the same vacation-y vibe as the other hotels

It really comes down to what your preferences are.

I file Aventura under the "Horror Nights hotel"...I feel like that's what it's ultimately meant for

VB isn't really a factor with this one

Personally what I enjoy about this hotel is:
1) The views all around
2) The closeness to Sapphire allows you to enjoy the water taxi, Amatista, and Strong Water
3) If you don't want to walk the Urban Food Pantry is a good idea
4) Bar 17 is amazing and underrated

Cons:
1) Stylistically it is simple and lacks some of the elements of the others (i.e. the vintage vibe of Cabanna)
2) The pool is really just there to check a box and nothing special
3) This doesn't have the same vacation-y vibe as the other hotels

It really comes down to what your preferences are.

I file Aventura under the "Horror Nights hotel"...I feel like that's what it's ultimately meant for
Yeah these all seem to be the consensus. I’d need to see exactly how much cheaper it is on a week long trip, as I assume my next visit will be for at least that length. The water taxi essentially being part of the hotel is really a nice plus for me.

With the pool being more “meh” per say, is it typically less busy? That would be a draw.

Yeah these all seem to be the consensus. I’d need to see exactly how much cheaper it is on a week long trip, as I assume my next visit will be for at least that length. The water taxi essentially being part of the hotel is really a nice plus for me.

With the pool being more “meh” per say, is it typically less busy? That would be a draw.
The pool is very small for this place and in a concrete well pretty much, go to Sapphire or CBBR if you want a pool day

I also use the Sapphire taxi when I'm at CBBR, and I take the 'forbidden' shortcut by crossing the street you're not supposed to cross. :lol:
AFDC628B-1BE6-41D6-9145-E7B1DB785E79.jpeg
I’m booked for this weekend for aventura as well. Still not sure if I’m even going to try to attempt hhn on Friday. I set up for a trade show at the convention center during the day and will hopefully be done early enough to check in and head over before gates close to daytime guests. Anyway, def gonna use the sapphire boat taxi from here.

View attachment 15231
I’m booked for this weekend for aventura as well. Still not sure if I’m even going to try to attempt hhn on Friday. I set up for a trade show at the convention center during the day and will hopefully be done early enough to check in and head over before gates close to daytime guests. Anyway, def gonna use the sapphire boat taxi from here.

YOU HAVE EXPRESS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

do they still let you pool hop? Aventura is an easy walk to VB so I would think walking in swim wear to CBBR's pool would not be so bad.

My wife and I did not care for this hotel, more we are use to something different on our UoR trips. Now our daughter, on the other hand, found this place to be her favorite. I think she just really likes using an iPAD to control everything as well as stream youTUBE.

Nothing wrong with this hotel when we stayed -- the only thing that did not work well (and we were there shortly after opening) was that the bus would pick up at CBBR before stopping at Aventura and for HHN, the busses stopped but they had no room to let anyone on -- I like the walk, but the boats were certainly more efficient .

do they still let you pool hop? Aventura is an easy walk to VB so I would think walking in swim wear to CBBR's pool would not be so bad.

My wife and I did not care for this hotel, more we are use to something different on our UoR trips. Now our daughter, on the other hand, found this place to be her favorite. I think she just really likes using an iPAD to control everything as well as stream youTUBE.

Nothing wrong with this hotel when we stayed -- the only thing that did not work well (and we were there shortly after opening) was that the bus would pick up at CBBR before stopping at Aventura and for HHN, the busses stopped but they had no room to let anyone on -- I like the walk, but the boats were certainly more efficient .
Yes, you can pool hop. I've seen many running around in just wet swimwear but with pool towels you can get pretty dry before you cross.

The bus is changed (at least when I was there last) so they put on dedicated busses so people don't stack up. In the off hours they do the double route.
We must have been there about the same time, I remember the bus problem back then.

Yes, you can pool hop. I've seen many running around in just wet swimwear but with pool towels you can get pretty dry before you cross.

The bus is changed (at least when I was there last) so they put on dedicated busses so people don't stack up. In the off hours they do the double route.
We must have been there about the same time, I remember the bus problem back then.

we were there at the same time. I was trying to get you to go to the night they added, ended up being the slowest HHN night I had ever experienced, I mean express was a waste of time at all the houses (save for when you safe some walking).

Might have been the first time they tried a TUES or something, I recall it being a late add or something, but we were at the same hotel, just kept missing each other!

we were there at the same time. I was trying to get you to go to the night they added, ended up being the slowest HHN night I had ever experienced, I mean express was a waste of time at all the houses (save for when you safe some walking).

Might have been the first time they tried a TUES or something, I recall it being a late add or something, but we were at the same hotel, just kept missing each other!
Yeah, I should have made more effort. Maybe somewhere in the cosmos I will get to meet the person behind the amazing pictures

"Let" is a strong word...I don't think they really care...It's ridiculously easy to do if they don't allow it haha

So if you can Pool hop then can you Workout Room hop? I reallly like one at CBBR (Love it's theme and charm) and would be willing to walk there to workout instead. I forgot if they require keys or not.

Yeah, I should have made more effort. Maybe somewhere in the cosmos I will get to meet the person behind the amazing pictures

Thanks! Amazing is a strong word, I mainly post stuff here for I recall enjoying seeing pics here when I couldn't visit. I was always w/ the family so I am sure it was mostly my fault, I recall one day we seemed to keep missing each other at IoA.

I knew it would happen, but now that I live here, I seem to visit the parks far less than I did at one time. I guess we have cut back over the last three years (maybe the pandemic and the summer heat plays into that)

So if you can Pool hop then can you Workout Room hop? I reallly like one at CBBR (Love it's theme and charm) and would be willing to walk there to workout instead. I forgot if they require keys or not.
I have no idea, I just run and you can do that anywhere lol

Got to stay here on my recent trip (for a night). I'd certainly echo the comments about it being a "HHN Hotel". It's highlights are really that you save somewhere in the $50-$100 range per night in comparison to Sapphire, but can still easily access all of their amenities.

Pros
  • The walk within the hotel going to/from your room to literally anywhere else is so convenient. When your feet are destroyed at the end of the night, it's much appreciated to be up you your bed within 60 seconds of walking into the lobby.
  • Proximity to Sapphire's amenities. We used the boat, Strongwater, and the pool at Sapphire. It's a 2 minute walk from lobby to lobby that's only a little annoying at night when you want to get dropped at your resorts door, but a trade-off well worth making.
  • Check-in was much quieter here than my last two trips to Cabana Bay. Similarly, my room was ready at 12:30 as opposed to 4pm at Cabana on my previous trip. (Yes, technically they only say your rooms ready for 4pm, but it's always nice to be able to get into the room early)
Cons
  • The rooms (and resort as a whole) feel overtly bland. Doesn't bother me on an HHN-focused trip, but it's oddly dreary if you were trying to feel like you're on vacation. Feels much more like you're at a chain hotel (thematically) than a Universal hotel.
  • My view stunk big time, for two reasons. First, I had a "skyline room" that felt pretty low to be called "skyline" (10th floor). I don't know what the range is to be in that category, but I assumed it was more of the top 2-3 floors. Second, my view straight down was of the parking garage/roof of the food court, and looking out the window it faced I-4.
Random Notes
  • My room got really poor reception for streaming. Basically just watched the main channels. Didn't make or break anything
  • All-American breakfast was good, Breakfast Burrito was pretty bad. Didn't try out their lunch/dinner options.
  • Whoever designed the bathroom put the toilet paper roll holder in the least convenient spot possible. It's such a strange angle that you have to contort your body to get it.

It's very different than Cabana, but they ultimately both warrant the same price point. Aventura would be my weekend warrior pick, Cabana would be my week-long vacation choice. Looking forward to trying out some more of the Universal hotels going forward.

Whoever designed the bathroom put the toilet paper roll holder in the least convenient spot possible. It's such a strange angle that you have to contort your body to get it

As someone who just got back from my stay, I completely agree and I thought about this exact thing. That being said, Aventura is still my favorite non-premier hotel. I love the tablet, I love the casting ability to the TV, the food at the Urban Pantry is very decent, and I've always had 5 star views.

Pros
  • Check-in was much quieter here than my last two trips to Cabana Bay. Similarly, my room was ready at 12:30 as opposed to 4pm at Cabana on my previous trip. (Yes, technically they only say your rooms ready for 4pm, but it's always nice to be able to get into the room early)
Cons
  • My view stunk big time, for two reasons. First, I had a "skyline room" that felt pretty low to be called "skyline" (10th floor). I don't know what the range is to be in that category, but I assumed it was more of the top 2-3 floors. Second, my view straight down was of the parking garage/roof of the food court, and looking out the window it faced I-4.

On the Pro of the Check In, as someone who trained a lot of people on Universal Hotels you can do an "Early Arrival" as early as 8am, the rooms aren't guaranteed until 4p, but I've gotten my room as early as 9am before, latest I ever got my room was 5pm at Hard Rock during Covid. Aventura is normally pretty good about the early accommodations. Like 10, 10:30am.

Be mindful of the resort amenities, you definitely can & will get away with using their pool, and the water taxi, but "On Paper" cross amenities is technically supposed to be for your hotel category and lower. I can tell you, that honestly, no one cares, and the guest who pool hop & use the water taxi actually bring additional revenue to Sapphire.

Skyline View starts at the 9th Floor. Kind of a bummer honestly. I've had some amazing Skyline's and some kind of mid ones. My favorite was actually a Deluxe Skyline King on the 12th floor. Perfect view of the Hogwart's Castle in the morning. Also had an awesome view on the 15th floor sweeping over I4 and Citywalk.